HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the future holds...

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 04:31 PM
nyrfuture

vCash: 500
What the future holds...

The future should be successful for the NYR. If we can draft good in the first round and get some more good steals(dawes, prucha, lundqvist) we can have a great team built with. I really miss watching our own developed players in the playoffs (kovy, leetchy, richter) So please share any players the rangers should pick up in the draft. GO RANGERS!

Old
05-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Broadway Brett

Ratislav Olesz, dammit! We must get him. Think of Bobby Holik, with unbelievable character, and ALOT more skill. Olesz has the potential to win the selke, and get 70-80 points a year! We must get that type of skill!

Old
05-17-2004, 04:47 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
That's funny I was kind of envisioning Holik with a touch of the Ghost of Lindros Past... if anyone can remember that Lindros was good. He was!

Old
05-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
That's funny I was kind of envisioning Holik with a touch of the Ghost of Lindros Past... if anyone can remember that Lindros was good. He was!
That's a great comparison. Have you seen Olesz play, BTW? If so, please give me a scouting report, please.

Old
05-17-2004, 05:14 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Well, I'm not a scout by any means. I twice saw him once on tape (Vitkovice - about a year apart, which is good to use as developmental evaluation)... wasn't enough to judge him overall, but he looked pretty quick to me. He had hard, charging strides and he could handle the puck pretty well at top speed. Looked big and strong. He seemed just a lot stronger in skating the second time I saw him... but, he didn't get the puck nearly as much on the later tape. He did pick up an assist in that game though. Seemed awfully mature on the ice.

From what others tell me (and I talked to the Isles Ken Morrow about Olesz once) he has become more of a risk than he was last season. His concussion hasn't been much of an issue, but I think it's consistency.

Old
05-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Broadway Brett

You know a hell lot more than the rest of us, so you are a Draft Guru!

Thanks alot, Marley, I'm not worried about his consistency one bit. Young guys always have consistency problems. He is playing in the top Chezch league, and he's young, and his coach wants him to play LOADS of Defense, his coach doesn't focus on offense at all, so that doesn't allow Olesz to show his offensive upside/ability.

Old
05-18-2004, 12:08 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Yes I suppose you're right... but just out of curiosity, why, then, did you ask me for a scouting report?

Old
05-18-2004, 12:10 AM
BobMarleyNYR

BTW, I knew nothing about his coach. And when I say consistency, It just seems like he changed a bit...

Closed Thread