HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Jovanovski

Old
06-05-2010, 04:30 PM
crazyhockeylover96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
People who hate on Jovo are stuck back in his first year, here. He's been excellent since. Other than that slide toward the end of this last season, of course.
Well said. This is from RT, the guy who was one of the most Anti-Jovo guys out there. Yes, he gets paid an enormous amount of money but we can't expect him to be perfect. I would like to add that part of the initial Jovo frustration may have been the Laraque ("I'm a lover not a fighter") and Roenick (can't score, can't decide if he likes, loves, or hates PHX) contracts. That was a year of suckage.

By the way RT, I respect your overall insane passion and fair analysis for hockey but it still amuses me to read your defense of Jovo. How many keyboards did you break that year with your Jovo hate?

crazyhockeylover96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 05:09 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
People who hate on Jovo are stuck back in his first year, here. He's been excellent since. Other than that slide toward the end of this last season, of course.
I would call 2007-2008 excellent. 2008-2009 was pretty good. Last season was not.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 12:54 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhockeylover96 View Post
How many keyboards did you break that year with your Jovo hate?
That was the year of the short bus for pretty much everyone.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 04:50 AM

In the past 4 years Jovo has had one really bad season, one great season, and a pair of average seasons (in that order). This year had good potential but he missed some time and didn't seem to be 100% for the year, much like his first year in Phoenix. I suspect on a contract year at his age he's going to bring it this year, plus he might be a bit rejuvenated from the playoff push they had last year. I'm betting he's more of a 15-35-50 player this year than a 10-25-35 (G-A-P). I'm just as happy to keep him for the last year of his deal and if anything maybe deal him at the deadline if it makes sense.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Unless GMDM makes a trade to = or > JOVO and at a lower salary Id expect him to stay . If we do better than last season then i see taking a discount to get a chance at the cup

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote