HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Radio Host Pans Flyers Fan in Chicago Tribune

Old
06-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Chicago Radio Host Pans Flyers Fan in Chicago Tribune

Dan McNeil slams our fans and trashes our women... Calling them fat. After you read the garbage article, please look at his photo below... Dan is the one on the right. Certainly Mr. Kettle can freely comment on Ms. Pot.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...er-places-moms

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:44 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Hahahaha, what a ******. I love the hate, I embrace it. That guy just recycled every article ever written about how terrible we are. Ooooh, someone cursed at you in the bathroom, like that doesn't happen in every single arena in the NHL.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:48 PM
SolidSnakeUS

What a stupid ****bag. Seriously, he should just roll over and die for being this much of an *******. No class, zero credibility, and even went after the women in the audience... how ****ing low do you have to go? I'm sure all the women in the audience had bigger balls than him...

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Hahahaha, what a ******. I love the hate, I embrace it. That guy just recycled every article ever written about how terrible we are. Ooooh, someone cursed at you in the bathroom, like that doesn't happen in every single arena in the NHL.
I have to give him credit though for not including the Eagle fans throwing snowballs at Santa or their booing McNabb.

... His bathroom rant was ridiculous; he has no sense of humor. So a guy told him to shake it? We do that to our own fans.

Old
06-04-2010, 11:54 PM
chaosof99*

And to prove how classy Blackhawks fans are:

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
And to prove how classy Blackhawks fans are:
Yeah, he wasn't... err, she wasn't too... err he/she wasn't too classy was shim?

Old
06-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Richyrich

I love how every year it's always the other cities "journalists" railing against philadelphians. "They're fat and loud and curse and stuff... grrr"

Why is it always the *******s who have the soapboxes?

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Dan McNeil slams our fans and trashes our women... Calling them fat. After you read the garbage article, please look at his photo below... Dan is the one on the right. Certainly Mr. Kettle can freely comment on Ms. Pot.

Dan Mcneil is gutter trash

The fact that you wasted a brief moment of your life to read what he wrote is a major loss

We in Chicago dont judge you by Steven A. Smith and his antics

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:13 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Meh, seems like most of the antics he experienced were verbal. I have no problem with any of that. As long as there isn't food or punches being thrown, just laugh it off or ignore it.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

The fact that you wasted a brief moment of your life to read what he wrote is a major loss

It's fun to read.

The city-on-city hate is part of the fun of a playoff series.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Breeze 44

Quote:

Thank God for that.....every city has em.....

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

Thank goodness for that... Point well taken.

That said; great two teams... most memorable series that is wonderful for the NHL and the sport. Neither team's fans will hang their heads when this is over.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:25 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2652
We discussed it earlier in the day. Nothing more than an attempt to increase his presence in what is otherwise a column of hackneyed minutia. Now, he has added self-worth, a measure of significance. Wow, he made fun of an unattractive female fan: how puerile. Classy Freddie Blassie had a term for someone like this "Pencil Neck Geek."

And what the hell, here's Freddie in his waning days:

The only horse to win the Florida Derby, the Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Classic. Sire to multiple Grade 1 champions. The last horse to sire a winner in each Triple Crown race. Grandsire to American Pharoah.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-05-2010 at 12:31 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Thank goodness for that... Point well taken.

That said; great two teams... most memorable series that is wonderful for the NHL and the sport. Neither team's fans will hang their heads when this is over.
Hawks fans will ,,,,,,,, This is our best team since 71 Hawks who collapsed in finals after taking 2-0 series lead (Both home victories ,, Terrifying parallel)

After suffering thru so much #### with Bill Wirtz and constant disappointment (Lost 5 conf finals in a 9 yr span + 92 SCF loss) this year would be most devastating

We will lose some good players this summer and we have several rising powers in our conference (Kings and Blues) who have so much young talent coming thru system.... This upcoming departure of talent in summer "Capocalypse as some are calling it" will alter a good portion of our roster (We still will be good but not this good)

If we lose this series it will be worse then dying ,,, I believe this Hawks team is gonna win........... (I said in 7 before series begins so I am still on track )

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:36 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Ill say that the bathroom lines are hilarious. I was in there for the Habs game, fun times!

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 12:44 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:

Steven A. Smith is to Philly as KFC is to chicken.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Mylec 22

Quote:

I like fat women though, so that's no big deal

Besides, coming from a city that prides itself on deep dish pizza and hot dogs, I'm sure they can compete with us in the obesity department

Mylec 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Hawks fans will ,,,,,,,, This is our best team since 71 Hawks who collapsed in finals after taking 2-0 series lead (Both home victories ,, Terrifying parallel)

After suffering thru so much #### with Bill Wirtz and constant disappointment (Lost 5 conf finals in a 9 yr span + 92 SCF loss) this year would be most devastating

We will lose some good players this summer and we have several rising powers in our conference (Kings and Blues) who have so much young talent coming thru system.... This upcoming departure of talent in summer "Capocalypse as some are calling it" will alter a good portion of our roster (We still will be good but not this good)

If we lose this series it will be worse then dying ,,, I believe this Hawks team is gonna win........... (I said in 7 before series begins so I am still on track )
In Philly we have gone through stretches of deep hurting disappointment over the years and decades. The 1964 Phillies hurt maybe the worst, but the '70 Phillies teams were painful until the 1980 WS which was the first over a century... and then again there was pain until 2008.

The Eagles have inflicted pain on us since the days before the Super Bowl, 1960... and now they sign Vick.

The 76ers while winning a few, have had some bleak stretches.

The Flyers have only had one five year period where they have been out of the hunt... but they have gone 35 years in the desert without sipping the Cup.

BUT, the point I was trying to make... and something that see from your post where we differ... is that this 2009-10 edition has gone from under achievers to a decent team, back to under achievers and then got it together and made the playoff in a manner where they suck (shootout) and beat a goalie that excels at it... Then they overcame key injuries and bet the Division champs in five game. Satisfied with that we counted them as roadkill as they fritted away three games to the Bruins. Then they won four to become only the third NHL team and fourth pro team to come back from 0-3... and on the road after being down 3 goal in the first. That would have been enough for us, considering... Then with the luck of the draw we avoided The Caps and Pens and got home ice against a very hot goalie... and won in five.

Now the Flyers drop the the first two games to a team that had what? 30+ points more than they did and was a great Western team... and are in the middle of one of the greatest SCFs in recent memory.

IMO, although we will have some Negative Nellies, even if we lose no one will be ashamed by these Flyers... My point was that the Hawks are a great team in a great series, I don't feel that any Blackhawks fans should feel ashamed after the heart the Hawks have displayed.

That said, you should be ashamed of Dan McNeil and we should be ashamed of Steven A Smith.

Old
06-05-2010, 01:23 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Then what does that make Howard Eskin.

I know... The BK King.

Old
06-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Pretty sure the dude spends the majority of his time in NY, and always has.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
When my wide-eyed, 24-year-old producer, Nick "Four Feathers" Shepkowski, and I stood to cheer Kane's breakaway goal that briefly gave the Hawks a 3-2 lead, we were told by an over-cheesesteaked patron we only root for Kane because he is American-born.
If this guy is that unprofessional, the Trib should can him and tell him to find his own way back to ChiTown. That is embarrassing.
And if anyone would like to meet this meatball, his assigned place on the media chart had him in Sect. 222A, Row 9, which explains why he was talking to a fan.
Now I understand why they needed to put an orange line on the floor for some media members so they could find their aux. press area. Because it is obvious that there are some journalists who can't follow ... 218 ... 219 ... 220 ... 221 ... oh, where is 222? I'll never find it!
I wonder how many quality co-workers were laid off in the Trib's staff reductions so this schmuck could travel on the company's dime.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 02:53 AM
dawkins121

thought this was funny:

Mcneil basically gets called out on his article

http://i.dailyherald.com/stories/121/normal/121851.jpg

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 03:17 AM
Flyerfan808

Quote:

I actually found it quite funny. He describes his experience like he is a victim of war atrocities. I feel like the article needs a soundtrack and a reflecting pond with a monument.

(cue the violin)

Last edited by Flyerfan808: 06-05-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

good. let them worry about pucks & the city, let us focus on game 6

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 09:27 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
good. let them worry about pucks & the city, let us focus on game 6
Game 5 please. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote