HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Offseason!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Barnaby3636

vCash: 500
Offseason!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think the Rangers should do in the offseason? Logically? I know that we are rebiulding but we still do need to bring in a few vets. I would bring in Keith Primeau (This guy is riddiculios and it would force us to get rid of Holik )
Then we should get Chris Pronger if the price is right I would also resign Lindros I think this guy just started to play well eventhough his head is mash potatoes its worth the risk we have the $$$$ WE should also bring back Barnaby because of a little thing under ur left upper chest. And a solid 1st Line Lw The lines would look like this:

UFA Lindros Jagr
Halvch Lundmark Balej
Ortmeyer Primeau Barnaby
J.Green M.Green Murray

Pronger Tyutin
Kasparitis Pock
Rachunek Mirinov

Dunham
McClenan (To start the season then Blackie and Lundquist)

Also MOST Importantly COACH: JACQUE MARTIN/ RYAN MCGILL

What do you guys think???

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Prucha-Conroy or Lindros-Jagr
Lundmark-Olesz-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
LaCouture-Mike Green-Josh Green

Rachunek-Tyutin
Mironov-Poti
Pock-Kondratiev

Goalie-Dunham and McCleanen
Hartford bound : Lundqvist and Blackburn

We trade Labarbera at draft day.
Later in the year we trade dunham and bring up Lundqvist for hartford to start in NYC.

Old
05-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
"Offseason!!!!!!!!!!"

Somebody's all jazzed up

Old
05-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Barnaby3636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
"Offseason!!!!!!!!!!"

Somebody's all jazzed up

hahah,,, THis board is sooo slow now thought I would get it going

Old
05-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Barnaby

I would add some cheaper vets like with character like Conroy and Barnaby.

I wouldn't spend huge money yet. I'd rather build a team, then use money to fill the gaps. I wouldn't sign big vets and try to build younger guys around them.

Last edited by Barnaby: 05-16-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old
05-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Barnaby3636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I would add some cheaper vets like Conroy and Barnaby.

I wouldn't spend huge money yet. I'd rather build a team, then use money to fill the gaps. I wouldn't sign big vets and try to build younger guys around them.

Yeah I forgot about Conroy, so that means drop Lindros and get Conroy and Barnaby but I still think we should bring in Pronger

Old
05-16-2004, 10:14 AM
BLACKBURN

Id bring back Barnaby. However its quite clear we arent going to be a succesful team in terms of W's for a few years so why waste money on short term vets when guys like Murray, Balej, Lundmark etc are in the system. I cant wait until darft day, may be one of the best days of my year if Slats does it correctly!

Weve gone from an organiszation who normally has 1 pick in teh first 2 rounds to having 2 in the first and something like 5 in the second

Im getting excited just thinking about it

Old
05-16-2004, 10:40 AM
DarthSather99

didn't signing free agents get us into trouble in the first place? Some people just don't get it .... they are star struck with certain players in the NHL. Rebuild from within and then supplement from outside the organization. Expect to sacrifice a year or two but at least things are improving from here on out instead of just being the same. We got a good neucleus of young players.

Next year getting a shot at Cosby would be awesome while giving ALL of the young guys a year to prove themselves.

Old
05-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Blueshirt13

I could see us signing Barnaby, a first line center (role player and not a superstar), possibly a physical vet defensemen (depending upon draft day moves) and a back up goalie. McLellan is a UFA

Old
05-16-2004, 11:10 AM
rnyquist

Please, someone explain to me how one could want Lindros back. He's either: A) producing, get badly hurt and lost for the season OR B) he does nothing, stays healthy but is a waste to the team.

So either we get a guy who plays amazing, but gets hurt constently, even during warm ups and his loss to the line up kills our chemistry and our offence. OR we get a guy who floats, plays the outside, is useless and takes up a roster spot.

For the life of me, i don't care if he comes from $2 dollars a year. He is bad for chemistry when he's always out and he's useless when he's playing safe. Why would ANYONE want to rely on a player who can AND WILL go out at any time for long periods. Look, the guy had a good year, it only really cost us Kim J, so lets cut our losses and move on.

Old
05-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Barnaby3636

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
I'd like to see a smart and fast winger on the ranger's third line, like Antti Laaksonen of the wild maybe?
Thats not a bad idea

Old
05-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Barnaby3636

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
He's smart, a good leader and at occasions can pull a rabbit out of his helmet. Solid team guy, seldom gets injured.

He's a leader??????? We dont need that now we need HEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEART HEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEART HEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEART HEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEARTHEART

Old
05-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

I would like to see a guy like Richard Park come here. Work's his butt off on every play never whines about ice time.

Sergei Zholtok would be a good stop-gap center for a year or two.

He can also man the point on the PP.

Old
05-16-2004, 03:44 PM
NewYorkStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Id bring back Barnaby. However its quite clear we arent going to be a succesful team in terms of W's for a few years so why waste money on short term vets when guys like Murray, Balej, Lundmark etc are in the system. I cant wait until darft day, may be one of the best days of my year if Slats does it correctly!

Weve gone from an organiszation who normally has 1 pick in teh first 2 rounds to having 2 in the first and something like 5 in the second

Im getting excited just thinking about it
Yeah it gives glen 7 opportunities to mess up instead of just one .

Seriously I know what your sayin I'm jazzed about this draft also, I just hope for once we do something right. Lets build from within, stay away from the free agents. I would rather lose wit the Balej's, Murray's, and Lundqvist's of the world and have at shot at Sidney Crosby then lose with a bunch of overpaid underachieving vets and miss the playoff by three points giving us a lousy draft position.

I doubt we can contend next season.

Old
05-16-2004, 05:47 PM
senate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby3636

Rachunek Mirinov

Also MOST Importantly COACH: JACQUE MARTIN/ RYAN MCGILL
Rachunek got traded out of Ottawa because he and Martin don't get along. If Martin goes to NY, Rachunek will probably request to be moved else where.

Closed Thread