Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Seadog goaltending

Old
06-05-2010, 04:06 PM
DTUCKER16

vCash: 500
Seadog goaltending

So with Olivier Roy going to the Titan who will the Seadogs end up with in goal. Titan gave up a ton for Roy so i'm guessing that theres no trade between Saint John and Bathurst in the near future. Thoughts?

DTUCKER16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Bjindaho

As of right now, the team is probably comfortable going to camp with St-Laurent, Auger, Tingley, Spear, and Eiserman (if they can convince him to report). Depending on how camp goes, the team will then make a decision what route to take in terms of bringing in a goalie (or going with some combination of what we have).

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 06:44 PM
xMenace

Personally I can't see St. Laurant sticking around past Christmas. We need a stopper for 2012, and he's really not a top 20 yr old. It'll be the most interesting aspect of camp for sure.

xMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 08:55 AM
connellkid

In my opinion the Dogs will go out and get a proven tendy for this season with Eiserman as the back-up if kelly and co. can get him to report to camp. As it sounds now he is still weighing his options on either coming to Q or going NCAA.

If Eiserman does report this season I can see him being the back-up and then take over the starter role for next season when the dogs hopefully host the mem cup. If this is the case then this makes for a strong tandem in net if Auger can come in and be the back-up for Eiserman. This sets up well for the future.

connellkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 10:26 AM
MonticelloSE

Based on his performance this past season, St-Laurent does not warrant occupying one the of the three 20 y.o. positions. He is not mentor material and is not the "go-to" goaler that a 20 is expected to be.
If the Puppies are serious about going after the 2012 Memorial Cup, they need to cement their goaler picture now. True, Q teams tend to pick up a linchpin goaler the year they are hot but I would point out SJ didn't part with their dearth of draft picks to bring in 2nd line scoring in 09-10 and the linchpins that were traded at deadline--Jake Allen and Marco Cousineau were not in the final and had a rough final respectively. Unlike the UFC, the cage is empty for SJ right now, while there are too many 20's. Don't be surprised by a trade or 3.

MonticelloSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
chsb

The way I see it, Bathurst set the mark for how much will a goaltender cost this Christmas and I do not believe the Sea Dogs will be interested to pay that much.
Therefore I expect a fire sale of Despres, Kirkpatrick this coming Christmas.

In any case this is what they got to do to prepare 11-12

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 10:48 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
The way I see it, Bathurst set the mark for how much will a goaltender cost this Christmas and I do not believe the Sea Dogs will be interested to pay that much.
Therefore I expect a fire sale of Despres, Kirkpatrick this coming Christmas.

In any case this is what they got to do to prepare 11-12
I think Despres will be a Junior by Christmas and we'll end up sending you guys Berube at next years draft.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote