HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So, about that 2010-2011 lineup part 2

Old
06-07-2010, 11:39 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
lol if someone read this post and didnt know when it was written there would be no way of telling if this was written this year or last.
haha. no kidding huh?

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Salary Cap

It seems the posts in here are not sure about the salary cap situation next year - so here it is without opinion:

Current Players,cap hit
Daniel Briere, 6.5
Mike Richards, 5.75
Simon Gagne, 5.25 (UFA end of next year)
Jeff Carter, 5 (RFA end of next year)
Scott Hartnell, 4.2
JVR, 1.65
Ian Laps, 1.17
Claude Giroux, 0.82 (RFA end of next year)
Ville Leino, 0.8 (UFA end of next year)
Blair Betts, 0.7
Riley Cote, 0.55 (UFA end of next year)
Kimmo Timonen, 6.33
Chris Pronger, 4.92
Matt Carle, 3.4
Oskars Bartulis, 0.6
Brian Boucher, 0.9

We have 8,827,738 dollards remaining under the salary cap (expected to go up 2 million giving us 10.8 million)

Player on current roster ,status, previous salary:
Braydon Coburn, RFA, 1.3
Daniel Carcillo, RFA, 0.9
Darrell Powe, RFA, 0.5
Ryan Parent, RFA, 0.9
Aaron Asham, UFA, 0.6
Lucas Krajicek, UFA, 0.7
Michael Leighton, UFA, 0.6

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
phillyfanatic

My lineup with salaries

Daniel Briere, 6.5
Mike Richards, 5.75
Scott Hartnell, 4.2
JVR, 1.65
Ian Laps, 1.17
Blair Betts, 0.7
Andreas Nodl, 0.85 (Makes team as 13th forward)
Darrell Powe, 0.8 (Re-signed)
Aaron Asham, 0.9 (Re-signed with increase)
Riley Cote, 0.55 (Minors hopefully)
Kimmo Timonen, 6.33
Chris Pronger, 4.92
Matt Carle, 3.4
Braydon Coburn, 2.5 (Re-signed with increase)
Oskars Bartulis, 0.6 (Maks 5-6 pairing)
Andy Sutton, 2.5 (Improves 5-6 pairing)
Kevin Marshall, 0.85 (Makes teams as 7th D-man)
Brian Boucher, 0.9
Michael Leighton, 1.2 (We don't have much leftover to sign an upgrade)

I believe the only way to upgrade the goalie is via trade. The only player we can trade to upgrade the goalie is Jeff Carter or JVR. If trading those players, you have to get Halak in return and you have to replace them in the lineup via that trade or free-agency. I think trading JVR at this age is stupid. I am in favour of going into next year with Leighton as the #1 goalie. I believe he can be as good or better than he was for us this year for the past 40 games. That should translate to a .915 save percentage especially with Andy Sutton or someone like that in our 5-6 pairing and the PK.

Old
06-08-2010, 03:36 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
It seems the posts in here are not sure about the salary cap situation next year - so here it is without opinion:

Current Players,cap hit
Daniel Briere, 6.5
Mike Richards, 5.75
Scott Hartnell, 4.2
JVR, 1.65
Ian Laps, 1.17
Blair Betts, 0.7
Riley Cote, 0.55 (UFA end of next year)
Kimmo Timonen, 6.33
Chris Pronger, 4.92
Matt Carle, 3.4
Oskars Bartulis, 0.6
Brian Boucher, 0.9

We have 8,827,738 dollards remaining under the salary cap (expected to go up 2 million giving us 10.8 million)

Player on current roster ,status, previous salary:
Braydon Coburn, RFA, 1.3
Daniel Carcillo, RFA, 0.9
Darrell Powe, RFA, 0.5
Ryan Parent, RFA, 0.9
Aaron Asham, UFA, 0.6
Lucas Krajicek, UFA, 0.7
Michael Leighton, UFA, 0.6
Even if Coburn got 3, Carcillo 1.1, Powe 800k, Parent 1.1, and Asham 0.7, we could still give Krajicek 800k and worry about Leighton or a new goalie with the roughly 3mill left over. Meh.

Quote:
I believe the only way to upgrade the goalie is via trade. The only player we can trade to upgrade the goalie is Jeff Carter or JVR. If trading those players, you have to get Halak in return and you have to replace them in the lineup via that trade or free-agency. I think trading JVR at this age is stupid. I am in favour of going into next year with Leighton as the #1 goalie. I believe he can be as good or better than he was for us this year for the past 40 games. That should translate to a .915 save percentage especially with Andy Sutton or someone like that in our 5-6 pairing and the PK.
Trading Carter for anyone but Bobby Ryan is cutting our nose off despite our face. I'd rather have Leighton cheap.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:57 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Even if Coburn got 3, Carcillo 1.1, Powe 800k, Parent 1.1, and Asham 0.7, we could still give Krajicek 800k and worry about Leighton or a new goalie with the roughly 3mill left over. Meh.

Trading Carter for anyone but Bobby Ryan is cutting our nose off despite our face. I'd rather have Leighton cheap.
With that said, I would do the trade for Ryan. Is that a one for one? We need a winger, they need another Center - works for me. The question is, what does Ryan re-sign for. Also, is he good both ends? Is he a fit for Richards line?

Even if we do that trade, I think he have to go cheap on goalies if we want to keep the current model (9 forwards that can score, a very solid top 4 D).

Old
06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I'd say trade the rights of Parent out and maybe Carcillo, not sure though.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR-Carter-Legein
Carcillo/Powe-Betts-Lappy

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
Bartulis-Joonas/Gustafsson

Turco/Leighton
Boucher

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 05:26 PM
mm6492

Carter for Ryan is interesting, but I would probably say no. I am afraid of having no size at center. We have avoided it this postseason, but we need him against players like malkin and crosby.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Sarah Baicker's editorial on uncertainty in the net being a good thing:

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/08/10/Ba...677&feedID=704

I have to strongly disagree. Like Jester or someone said... totally disgraceful to have a goalie pulled twice in the Final. That should never, ever happen outside of injury. The team went cheap in goal, again, and was bit in the ass, again. Neimi has been playing exactly like he is... a rookie. This team has put up large goal totals in two games that it lost. Because the team was outplayed in net by a somewhat shaky rookie and outplayed by a defense that shouldn't be a match for ours.

Next year we may have Turco or Ellis or Price. But it isn't next year right now. It's this year and it would be such a shame to lose the Cup to a rookie goaltender that's put up Dan Cloutier numbers.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:00 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

does anyone else have problems viewing articles from that site(csnphilly)? all I get is the story headline and the daily scores on the bottom and nothing inbetween but a photo of Leighton failing to make a save

Old
06-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
does anyone else have problems viewing articles from that site(csnphilly)? all I get is the story headline and the daily scores on the bottom and nothing inbetween but a photo of Leighton failing to make a save
Works fine for me in Firefox.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Get yourself the Google Chrome browser and never look back.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 12:55 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

yeah. IE ****ing blows. I have been thinking about getting Chrome for a little awhile now. Chrome work alright with XP?

Old
06-09-2010, 02:03 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'd like a right handed shot on our back line.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 07:23 AM
phillyfanatic

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Sarah Baicker's editorial on uncertainty in the net being a good thing:

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/08/10/Ba...677&feedID=704

I have to strongly disagree. Like Jester or someone said... totally disgraceful to have a goalie pulled twice in the Final. That should never, ever happen outside of injury. The team went cheap in goal, again, and was bit in the ass, again. Neimi has been playing exactly like he is... a rookie. This team has put up large goal totals in two games that it lost. Because the team was outplayed in net by a somewhat shaky rookie and outplayed by a defense that shouldn't be a match for ours.

Next year we may have Turco or Ellis or Price. But it isn't next year right now. It's this year and it would be such a shame to lose the Cup to a rookie goaltender that's put up Dan Cloutier numbers.
You would call Michael Leighton "disgraceful"? Even though we are currently down 3 games to 2 heading into game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the best team in the NHL!!! The first time he was pulled, the coach and players agreed that it had nothing to do with Leighton, it was a message to the team. Boucher got the lose in that game on a soft goal and the most goals were deflections that he had no chance on. The second game he was pulled Chicago DOMINATED for the first 20 minutes. He was really good and then a puck goes in off Prongers skate (no chance), another goes in without fault and then he lets in a softie and almost lets in another softie. Other than that, I think he has been the best goalie in the Stanley Cup Finals. He has been the best goalie in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. And you think that is disgraceful? What if he wins tonight and Friday night - is that still a total disgrace?

Old
06-09-2010, 07:28 AM
phillyfanatic

Here is what I see next year

We let Michael Leighton go and he signs in Tampa Bay under Steve Yzerman. He is a finalist for the Vezina Trophy and Flyer fans think, how did we let him go? Was it because he played poorly for us in the regular season? No - he saved our season! Was it because he played poorly in the playoffs? No - he took us to the Stanley Cup Finals and was brilliant at times! Oh, so we couldn't afford him. Nope - he would have been the cheapest option.

So why didn't they re-sign Leighton? I don't know, we don't believe in goalies in Philly. We are never satisfied and we want something better even when what we have always wanted is already here. Oh well, lets run him out of town. Hopefully he has a ring on his finger first, I am sure if that happens.....it still won't be enough for most.

Old
06-09-2010, 08:57 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Works fine for me in Firefox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Get yourself the Google Chrome browser and never look back.
Quote:
yeah. IE ****ing blows. I have been thinking about getting Chrome for a little awhile now. Chrome work alright with XP?
It blows my mind that there are people who actually use IE. I mean seriously, WHY?????

I prefer Firefox to Chrome because I am used to it, but hell, even Safari beats IE and I am no Safari fan.

Firefox or Chrome on Mac or PC. Do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'd like a right handed shot on our back line.
Yes please.

Old
06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Jester

Quote:
We let Michael Leighton go and he signs in Tampa Bay under Steve Yzerman. He is a finalist for the Vezina Trophy and Flyer fans think, how did we let him go? Was it because he played poorly for us in the regular season? No - he saved our season! Was it because he played poorly in the playoffs? No - he took us to the Stanley Cup Finals and was brilliant at times! Oh, so we couldn't afford him. Nope - he would have been the cheapest option.

So why didn't they re-sign Leighton? I don't know, we don't believe in goalies in Philly. We are never satisfied and we want something better even when what we have always wanted is already here. Oh well, lets run him out of town. Hopefully he has a ring on his finger first, I am sure if that happens.....it still won't be enough for most.
Leighton playing behind TB's defense would be high comedy.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Leighton playing behind TB's defense would be high comedy.
Yeah, cause Yzerman won't be upgrading that! He has Hedman already and every free agent in the league will have Tampa Bay on their list of destinations. Hedman, Ohlund, Mesaros are all good players. Foster will re-sign. They have major pieces at the forward position to use to trade for another top 4 D-man. Anyway, point is.....letting Leighton go is a mistake. One we will regret!!!

Old
06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:

I beg to differ. I like Michael Leighton and I've been a supporter of his on here. The team seems to play over it's head when he is the nets, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Leighton was a waiver wire acquisition after being run out of town in Carolina. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not willing to gamble with the goaltending position on a 29 year old journeyman who is having a career half season. If anything, credit must be given to the miraculous job Jeff Reese has done as goaltending coach.

I have no problems when the Flyers decide to upgrade their goaltending and you know that they're going to do it. My wish would be to land a goaltender like Lundqvist in New York, but there's little chance of that ever happening. With that being said, Turco, Ellis, Mason as UFAs or a deal for one of Pavelec, Price, Drouin-Deslaurier, Quick, etc...is not a bad option either.

The pipeline also has Bobrovsky and Eriksson. And if Bobrovsky stands on his head and impresses in Adirondack, he deserves a long look in Philadelphia. Either way, Leighton and Boucher are replaceable.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:31 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Yep - I have it and XP on my home computer and it's awesome. Whoever said you won't look back is right. It took a day or so to get used to, but I love it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:31 AM
IrishSniper87

If Leighton wins the cup, I welcome him back.

Old
06-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Jester

Quote:
Yeah, cause Yzerman won't be upgrading that! He has Hedman already and every free agent in the league will have Tampa Bay on their list of destinations. Hedman, Ohlund, Mesaros are all good players. Foster will re-sign. They have major pieces at the forward position to use to trade for another top 4 D-man. Anyway, point is.....letting Leighton go is a mistake. One we will regret!!!
I disagree... Leighton is a mediocre goalie at best that is getting by purely because this team has made a commitment to handle his mess of rebounds. When they do, he looks good. When they fail to do that, it turns into a mess.

Everyone is crediting Leighton with lots of great stops in the first 10 minutes the other night... no one is mentioning that about 50% of the problem in the first 10 minutes was that Leighton kept putting these horrid rebounds out into the slot and creating all kinds of problems.

As to TB... they don't have anyone like Pronger and Timonen, and that's been the key to Mr Leighton's success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
If Leighton wins the cup, I welcome him back.
If they win the Cup, I would be shocked if he wasn't back.

Old
06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I disagree... Leighton is a mediocre goalie at best that is getting by purely because this team has made a commitment to handle his mess of rebounds. When they do, he looks good. When they fail to do that, it turns into a mess.

Everyone is crediting Leighton with lots of great stops in the first 10 minutes the other night... no one is mentioning that about 50% of the problem in the first 10 minutes was that Leighton kept putting these horrid rebounds out into the slot and creating all kinds of problems.

As to TB... they don't have anyone like Pronger and Timonen, and that's been the key to Mr Leighton's success.

If they win the Cup, I would be shocked if he wasn't back.
If we win the cup, he will be an amazing story, and someone we talk about for a long time, but if he's back I want him to be the backup. I don't care about his numbers, our defense has made his numbers look great. He cannot steal a game for us, and unfortunately that is what we are gonna need to win this series. He is going to have to steal one of the next two games, and I just pray that he proves me wrong and actually does it.

For the offseason, I'm in favor of Turco for no more than two years and no more than $3.5M.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
SolidSnakeUS

To be honest, with all the talks about goalies, I just want to see Eriksson play out of any of the goalies in the world. I just can't wait for him to be in a Flyers uniform.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
To be honest, with all the talks about goalies, I just want to see Eriksson play out of any of the goalies in the world. I just can't wait for him to be in a Flyers uniform.
going to be a couple years at the earliest, most likely.