HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More on......Sidney Crosby

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
I WANT CROSBY WITH THE HABS...

Old
05-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
If he slips to a late first rounder we have a chance to get him... oh wait, he is a future Gretzky said the magician himself...

Sorry guys, but having him in our team is just impossible... When you imagine all we have to give up to get kovalchuk, we can forget about Crosby.
I don't want to trade all the team for him and that's what it would take to land him here.

I would rather prefer to see Montreal finish last next year and get a good chance to get him than to waste 5-6 years of the team to trade for him.

Both of the above are beyond logic.

Old
05-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
What will happen if there is no hockey next year? They'll do an equal lottery for everyone or base themselves on this year's standings?

Old
05-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Catala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
What will happen if there is no hockey next year? They'll do an equal lottery for everyone or base themselves on this year's standings?
now you got my attention

Old
05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala
now you got my attention
Heh wouldn't it be awesome if they do an equal lottery and the Habs win it...

"The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from the Rimouski Oceanic, Sidney Crosby."

Old
05-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Jacques Strappe

Quote:
Heh wouldn't it be awesome if they do an equal lottery and the Habs win it...

"The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from the Rimouski Oceanic, Sidney Crosby."

I need a smoke...

Old
05-17-2004, 01:01 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
I would rather prefer to see Montreal finish last next year and get a good chance to get him than to waste 5-6 years of the team to trade for him.
It's not everyday that you can get a player like Crosby. I don't think we have any in our system. That's why I think we could afford to trade a lot for him, since he'd be a 15-20 years investment. We have enough talent in the wings now to be able to afford something like that. Use the UFAs to fill the team in the meantime. I doubt it happens but I sure wish it will.

Old
05-17-2004, 01:05 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
The Habs after the trade...

Kastsitsyn - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Crosby - Ryder
Bulis - Plekanec - Ward
Begin - Dowd - Laperriere?

Souray - Komisarek
UFA - Brisebois
Hainsey - Rivet

Theodore
Garon
Dude, you just made me cream myself... I gotta change. While I do that, ponder this: (assuming a trade of a #1, Plekanec, Ribeiro, and Hossa... add in Sunny, Beauchemin, Bouillon... whatever it takes to get the deal done. They're all low salary "talented" players right now, which is right up Pittsburgh's alley).

Kastsitsyn - Koivu - Kovalev
Zednik - Crosby - Ryder
Bulis - Higgins - Perezhogin
Begin - Dowd - Ward/Ferland/Milroy

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Komisarek
Hainsey - Brisebois

Theo/Garon

* shudder of delight *

Old
05-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Malakhov

Crosby would not be our 2nd center, he'd be our first.

Old
05-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Catala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
It's not everyday that you can get a player like Crosby. I don't think we have any in our system. That's why I think we could afford to trade a lot for him, since he'd be a 15-20 years investment. We have enough talent in the wings now to be able to afford something like that. Use the UFAs to fill the team in the meantime. I doubt it happens but I sure wish it will.
For sure we don't have anyone like Crosby in our system, and as much as it would be nice to see him here, Montreal won't lose another 5 year to get him, even if he is an investment.

now our best chance is what Malakhov just proposed.

Old
05-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Catala

Quote:
shame on you !

Old
05-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
shame on you !
Hey don't get me wrong, I LOVE Koivu but Crosby is the closest player to the great one so far.

Old
05-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Catala

Quote:
Hey don't get me wrong, I LOVE Koivu but Crosby is the closest player to the great one so far.
i know i know...but i will always be an unconditionnal fan of Saku...

Old
05-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Jacques Strappe

I don't expect to ever see the kid in a Habs jersey
The only way it could ever possibly happen would be for:
1) one of the lowly teams in the league (bottom 5 say) to fire their GM. Most likely candidates - George McPhee in Washington, Rick Dudley in Florida.
2) the team lands the #1 pick in the draft
3) Rejean Houle is hired as GM prior to the draft
4) Gainey ***** Houle like Lacroix and others did in the past.

Old
05-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
I'm sure Julien would use Crosby on the 2nd line for a good deal of his 1st season. After all, he'll only be 18yo. No matter how talented, the guy still needs to get some experience in.

Hey listen to me. A bit more and I'll be talking like if he was actually part of the roster for the 2005-2006 season. Reality check needed.

Old
05-17-2004, 01:40 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I doubt any rookie is going to center the first scoring line, Crosby or anyone else. Captain K would easily keep his post on line 1. I don't even think Lindros went straight to the first line when he came in, eventhough he is one of the most imposing players the league has ever seen and he went to a team with no superstar centers (the 92 Flyers were a$$ except for Recchi and Brindamour). Of course, he quickly won the job, so obviously Crosby could eventually, too. I wouldn't put that pressure on him, regardless of how well he seems to handle it.

(edit: Munch, I know what you mean... I'm already devoting too much brainpower to planning for his arrival!)

Old
05-17-2004, 02:08 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Honestly, I would be very dissapointed if he doesn't end up here... There's a few reasons. First of all, in all fairness, I don't see one NHL city where hockey is bigger than here. Our fan base slowly becomes somewhat bigger especially with young kids and etc. But, the thing is, the big marketted star to kids is Theodore. It will soon be very boring for them to watch their hero. We have to keep their interest. Also, I think that a lot of people cannot identify themself to one player really that they love to fellow. I do, like many posters of the habs forum, love to watch Saku. But he's not eternal. He has many good years in front of him. But still he's 29. Bring a 18 years old star and not only you renew your fan base but you also get fans arround the world and across the NHL. Crosby will be the kind of player that you look forward to watch night in night out. In a such hockey town that Montreal is, the impact would be incredible. If Crosby ends up with the habs, the show will be awesome and the girls will shut up and watch hockey instead of star académie.

Old
05-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Honestly, I would be very dissapointed if he doesn't end up here... There's a few reasons. First of all, in all fairness, I don't see one NHL city where hockey is bigger than here. Our fan base slowly becomes somewhat bigger especially with young kids and etc. But, the thing is, the big marketted star to kids is Theodore. It will soon be very boring for them to watch their hero. We have to keep their interest. Also, I think that a lot of people cannot identify themself to one player really that they love to fellow. I do, like many posters of the habs forum, love to watch Saku. But he's not eternal. He has many good years in front of him. But still he's 29. Bring a 18 years old star and not only you renew your fan base but you also get fans arround the world and across the NHL. Crosby will be the kind of player that you look forward to watch night in night out. In a such hockey town that Montreal is, the impact would be incredible. If Crosby ends up with the habs, the show will be awesome and the girls will shut up and watch hockey instead of star académie.
Agreed, having a top superstar can do alot for the team and the overall economics of the team. Just imagine the amount of money the team could make on marketing Crosby. WOW!

Old
05-17-2004, 02:39 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
Honestly, I would be very dissapointed if he doesn't end up here... There's a few reasons. First of all, in all fairness, I don't see one NHL city where hockey is bigger than here. Our fan base slowly becomes somewhat bigger especially with young kids and etc.

Crosby will be the kind of player that you look forward to watch night in night out. In a such hockey town that Montreal is, the impact would be incredible. If Crosby ends up with the habs, the show will be awesome and the girls will shut up and watch hockey instead of star académie.
While this is true, look at what Gretzky did for Edmonton. I'm all aboard the get Sidney train, but he could turn a "small" market team (I know we're all tired of figuring out EXACTLY what this means) into a new hotbed with the right people around him. I like our chances. We probably have the most to offer given our combination of super prospects (at all positions no less) and mid-round (assuming we continue to be in the bottom half of playoff teams for a few years) draft picks.

Old
05-17-2004, 02:47 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
While this is true, look at what Gretzky did for Edmonton. I'm all aboard the get Sidney train, but he could turn a "small" market team (I know we're all tired of figuring out EXACTLY what this means) into a new hotbed with the right people around him. I like our chances. We probably have the most to offer given our combination of super prospects (at all positions no less) and mid-round (assuming we continue to be in the bottom half of playoff teams for a few years) draft picks.
Nah... At this point, you can't really turn an area into a hockey hotbed if it's not already. At this point, hockey has been displayed enough in north america.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:09 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
NAH stop dreaming guys but it could happen if there are no hockey next year they will make a lotterie but if if we pick Sidney Crosby we know all that it will be a gift of god for the habs fan.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:14 PM
SwiftyHab

As far as I know, the 2006 draft order never came up as a topic of discussion as of yet. But it would be hard to argue any other method than a fair and equal lottery for all teams giving us a 1/30 chance which is better than our current status quo of 0.

Old
05-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Traitor8

would they even need to announce it? lol ...If u have the first pick, you shouldn't need to go up there to announce it. everybody knows who u gonna pick.

That said, Crosby, hopefully pulls a baby and whins about not playing in Montreal but I don't see that happening.

My offer:

Mike Ribeiro
2005 1st rounder
Alexander Perezhogin
Richard Zednik
Andrei Markov
2006 1st rounder

or could they be interested in Theodore..after he has an amazing season?

Theodore
1st round pick in 2005
1st round pick in 2006
Mike Ribeiro

For

Sidney Crosby..

Considering that Theo has a vezina season in 2004-2005.

Old
05-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
would they even need to announce it? lol ...If u have the first pick, you shouldn't need to go up there to announce it. everybody knows who u gonna pick.

That said, Crosby, hopefully pulls a baby and whins about not playing in Montreal but I don't see that happening.

My offer:

Mike Ribeiro
2005 1st rounder
Alexander Perezhogin
Richard Zednik
Andrei Markov
2006 1st rounder

or could they be interested in Theodore..after he has an amazing season?

Theodore
1st round pick in 2005
1st round pick in 2006
Mike Ribeiro

For

Sidney Crosby..

Considering that Theo has a vezina season in 2004-2005.
I would rather give up Theo and Ribs + the two picks, than all the others above, but if Pitsburgh has that first overall pick it wont work, because they have Fleury!

Old
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Guriken

Théodore + Ribeiro + Hainsey and (1st pick or Souray) for Crosby...

Maybe Garon would be traded at the place of Theo because some teams seem to prefer him as he is a good backup goalie who hasn't really got a chance to show his real talent.

Having Crosby would be really great... no doubt!

Who are the other notable prospects who will be elligible for this draft?

Closed Thread