HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher to Tampa

Old
06-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Putting themselves first for what. It's the opposite, I thought he would think about the Habs prospects and the Habs organization first then his personal ambitons.

Why not continue doing what he was doing?
That's exactly what he's gonna do: help his players grow as individuals, and make his team better.

Only now he's gonna do it in Tampa, in the NHL, instead of Hamilton, in the AHL.

"I'm going to Tampa, and there's nothing you can do about it!"

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Being faithful to an organisation because they gave him his first chance is a greater quality. Jumping on an opportunity the first time it present itself is not something I admire.
I guess you're still working for the same person who gave you your first job.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
true but here's the paradox...the habs will REJECT them because president hairspray opened his flap to appease 4 french journalists about the importance of a bilingual coach...so scratch 99% of those guys off your list. and that's what people are reacting to
Have we not been able to find good coaches in the past no one hired without NHL experience?

I believe we have!

Say hello to Julien, Therrien and Vigneault all came here with no NHL experience and did well, they have all went on to coach elsewhere in the NHL and are all employed today still, and Therrien is rumoured to be the next Devils coach.

There are other coaches out there, is Boucher the next Dick Irvin or Scotty Bowman???

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:07 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
And if that is the case the new GM who wore his heart on his sleeve will get rid of those players and bring in players to play on the ice, not the beach.

Yzerman will make this the Red Wings of the East, he has been taught well in Detroit.
It took 10 years for Detroit to make it. And they had the luck of the irish in drafting Lindstrom.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Disaster for Montreal.

No other way to say it.

Keeping Martin and letting go Boucher is stupid, no two ways around it.

Not a good start for the Habs' offseason. Does not reflect well on the organisation. Looks like Gauthier's reign is starting under a bad sign.

There's really no rational reason to think this is a prelude to a diastrous offseason, but why do I feel like this is the beginning of the team circling down the drain?

Look to Tampa to finish ahead of the Habs and make the playoffs next year.

If you weren't worried before, you should be now. Sigh.
I am speechless. Is this post serious? I don't know... There aren't any sarcasm icons.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:08 PM
deandebean

Quote:
And if that is the case the new GM who wore his heart on his sleeve will get rid of those players and bring in players to play on the ice, not the beach.

Yzerman will make this the Red Wings of the East, he has been taught well in Detroit.
In that case, what happened to Bob Gainey?

Old
06-07-2010, 11:09 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamary View Post
I am speechless. Is this post serious? I don't know... There aren't any sarcasm icons.
I'm quite serious. Martin's coaching is a gong show. Boucher was the Habs' best candidate for a replacement, a replacement that should be required soon (hopefully) -- a young coach who is good with player development and teaches a modern system of hockey, unlike Martin who... well, doesn't.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Hugo Sham

now that i've had time to relax, lol, here's what bugs me. my reaction is based on the org. philosophy of specific coaching hirings and we all know what they are...therefore the pool is tiny. not only that but the pool is so tiny it relies on timing because it has no other choice. even with martin, arguably, the timing wasn't there because he wasn't out of work and had to be hired away from a cash-strapped org. so it is what it is. we hired another guy and were trying to groom him because he has qualities this mgmt want but ..the people like me (in the anti-martin/Gauthier/boivin camp) hate this. i'd be FAR less upset if the org - especially boivin just shut his ****ing mouth and agreed to hire the very best at all times...and get them interpreters or french lessons until they were functional in Moliere's language in PC's

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 06-07-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Removed quoted post
Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Because he was offered a promotion from his current situation, it fitted his requirements, and he took it?

No really?

I just didn't want him to leave the Habs org. hence my reaction. But thanks for the rational explanation. I would never had found it by myself.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I guess you're still working for the same person who gave you your first job.
I'm sure that's the same thing. Dude works for THE MONTREAL CANADIENS(!!!!). He's so insecur in his futur.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
It took 10 years for Detroit to make it. And they had the luck of the irish in drafting Lindstrom.
Say hello to the building pieces of Stamkos and Hedman, and who knows what they can get in a trade for St. Louis and Vinnie....this team can be built fast, look how fast the Flyers built around Richards and Carter.

There is a cap now, all teams spend the same max, not like the old days when money brought players to deep pocketed teams.

Old
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Bon point! Excellent point actually!

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Excellent choice by Tampa, team went from a laughing stock to what I predict will be one of the best run next year. Jealous of them and will definitely start catching their games. With Stamkos, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Hedman and Boucher, they'll be my 2nd team this year (I never have a second team outside of New Jersey).

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pure

Quote:
Being faithful to an organisation because they gave him his first chance is a greater quality. Jumping on an opportunity the first time it present itself is not something I admire.
Ya I mean a guy with as bad of a resume as his couldn't have possibly gotten an AHL coaching job from another organization.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Montreal Media and expectations.

Not the same in Tampa, no hesitant moves or rushed decisions will be made.

Old
06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Blood On The Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
What qualifications gives you the right to call AK a bust? Your long NHL experience? actually, John Leclair was in the same situation as AK before he went on to become on of the league premiere player....to recycle your lame argument, buy a book, preferably a hockey book without pictures!

You are comparing Andrei Kostitsyn and John LeClair.

And the guy with 16 posts owns you.

Blood On The Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
deandebean

Some of you need to realise that the Montreal market is a different beast. After hearing Boucher speak at press conferences, I'm still not convinced he has the maturity yet of facing reporters each and every day. He is more the type to speak his mind, rather than controlling the crowds. And that can be deadly in Montreal.

JM is perfect for the Habs in that sense; he repeats the same clichés all the time, seems bland, etc. In reality, the guy is intelligent enough to understand that in Montreal, a coach needs to shut his mouth and let the players do the talking. and even them are now controlling the scene (case and point: the "core" controlling the room after games and after practices).

Old
06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Have we not been able to find good coaches in the past no one hired without NHL experience?

I believe we have!

Say hello to Julien, Therrien and Vigneault all came here with no NHL experience and did well, they have all went on to coach elsewhere in the NHL and are all employed today still, and Therrien is rumoured to be the next Devils coach.

There are other coaches out there, is Boucher the next Dick Irvin or Scotty Bowman???
therrien was a thug in the Q and vigneault and julien (julien a bit more) didn't have boucher's amateur track record. vigenault did very little here...regardless, people keep mentioning those same three names...it doesn't respond to the dumb conservative philosophy that restricts this org and makes many of us clamor to keep someone new and innovative BECAUSE he's bilingual

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Ya I mean a guy with as bad of a resume as his couldn't have possibly gotten an AHL coaching job from another organization.
And he chose the Habs' farm club.

And leaves after one year. Genius.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Say hello to the building pieces of Stamkos and Hedman, and who knows what they can get in a trade for St. Louis and Vinnie....this team can be built fast, look how fast the Flyers built around Richards and Carter.

There is a cap now, all teams spend the same max, not like the old days when money brought players to deep pocketed teams.
Tampa did not spend to the max. Will they long term? I repeat: their tickets were sold at prices that would not even equal those of beer and hotdogs at the Bell Centre. You can't expect the owner to throw away millions every year. For now, it looks good. But a season with no fan base and this franchise will turn into Pheonix 2.0.

And the Flyers had a pretty solid core to start with. They had depth, something that you cannot build in 1 season. This is not NHL 2010.

Old
Habit11

Maybe it's a good thing he goes to Tampa Bay. He can gain experience there, and since that organization has a history of being dysfunctional, he might be available when JM's contract is closer to being over.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood On The Ice View Post

And why not? What difference are there between Kostitsyn and LeClair at the same age? Both were being runned out of Montreal for the same reasons.....yet, history records that Leclair went on to become league elite! Where is the difference at the same age?

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Maybe it's a good thing he goes to Tampa Bay. He can gain experience there, and since that organization has a history of being dysfunctional, he might be available when JM's contract is closer to being over.
that's what I was thinking.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood On The Ice View Post

Yeah, screw that guy Sargent Pepper, voicing his opinion that differs from yours.

But Sargent Pepper, I like Tarasov's book and it has pictures in it .

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
MathMan

Quote:
JM is perfect for the Habs in that sense; he repeats the same clichés all the time, seems bland, etc. In reality, the guy is intelligent enough to understand that in Montreal, a coach needs to shut his mouth and let the players do the talking. and even them are now controlling the scene (case and point: the "core" controlling the room after games and after practices).
If he could coach his way out of a paper bag, and develop kids not name Tom Pyatt, he'd be really perfect.

I'll take the coach that helps my team win over the one that hurts my team but handles the media better. But maybe that's just me.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote