HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher to Tampa

Old
06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Rschmitz

vCash: 500
Thank you Montreal, for baby-sitting our future coach. We'll take good care of him

Looking forward to future Hab and CBJ games

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:18 AM
MontrealHabitant

To all those that keep repeating "stop whining"

Take off your homer goggles for a second and look at it like this :

1st: The run was a fluke - Halak god level 10000 is the only reason we even got past the 1st round.

2nd: Stop giving JM credit when he didn't deserve any - the entire credit goes to Halak/Cammalleri/Gionta/Subban.

3rd: How can you not be angry ? That piece of **** sunbelt team that receives payment equalization is using our very own money to pay their stars - On top of their massive tanking over the years with Hedman and Stamkos. (Along with Yzerman's and Boucher's Salary)

4th: Look at our forwards and the cap salary ? We obviously don't have anything worthy upfront minus Cammalleri. As for our prospects pool ? It looks average with nothing special coming up and guess what ? We probably just lost the best development coach the league had in the past 20 years.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post

1st: The run was a fluke - Halak god level 10000 is the only reason we even got past the 1st round.

2nd: Stop giving JM credit when he didn't deserve any - the entire credit goes to Halak/Cammalleri/Gionta/Subban.

3rd: How can you not be angry ? That piece of **** sunbelt team that receives payment equalization is using our very own money to pay their stars - On top of their massive tanking over the years with Hedman and Stamkos. (Along with Yzerman's and Boucher's Salary)

4th: Look at our forwards and the cap salary ? We obviously don't have anything worthy upfront minus Cammalleri. As for our prospects pool ? It looks average with nothing special coming up and guess what ? We probably just lost the best development coach the league had in the past 20 years.
Exactly what I was thinking

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:23 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Thank You. It's ridiculous how these fans feel like they are owed everything, that everyone needs to play for free and only for teh fans and nothing else.

Hockey is a job, like any other job. And like all employees everywhere, when offered with better pay and a higher job in a better area, you will take it. Stop acting like hockey players ought to be immune from that because that's just stupid, ignorant and childish.
Um, please read what people are writing. No one blames Boucher. The point is he could have been managed better so as not to lose him so quickly, and I agree.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Whinners will whine at anything no matter what

I'm really Happy for Guy and wish him the best of luck.

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Well done Montreal, well done. Atleast we have our respect, wouldn't want to lose that.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:38 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Best coach we've had in our system in years, and we let him slip away to keep a ****ing awful coach.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:39 AM
TheBuriedHab

It sucks cause hes Young, Bright, a Winner AND MOTHER****ING BILINGUAL!!! Which for Montreal is a ****ing MUST. Not winning Hockey Games, But Speaking French!!! With all that said this guy was the perfect guy for us. To bad JM fluked out and got to the third round.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:41 AM
TheBuriedHab

Oh and this Guy isn't getting fired in 3 years and getting Hired by us. He WILL be successful. The Tampa Franchise is getting back on the right track with Stevie Y and GB. For all those hoping he would be our coach, sadly I doubt he will ever be. What a Damn Shame

Old
06-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Lots of people on suicide watch tonight

Old
06-08-2010, 01:48 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Lots of people on suicide watch tonight
Nah, its just hard to swallow a young Bright coach in your system being let go thats all. Im happy for Guy, but I don't have faith in Jm at all

Old
06-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Um, please read what people are writing. No one blames Boucher. The point is he could have been managed better so as not to lose him so quickly, and I agree.
how could we have done better? Aside from offering him the head coaching job here, there was nothing we could do. The fact is he wanted to coach in the nhl and jumped at the opportunity.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Nah, its just hard to swallow a young Bright coach in your system being let go thats all. Im happy for Guy, but I don't have faith in Jm at all
Yet people seems strangely happy when JM sign with us

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=648027

Old
06-08-2010, 02:01 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Yet people seems strangely happy when JM sign with us

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=648027

The only reason why most people were happy was that he was an experienced coach. To bad his System is not advantageous to the new nhl.

Old
06-08-2010, 02:03 AM
SherbrookeW

I can't follow the panic here. Mathman, I usually agree with you, and do think that Martin is a dubious strategic coach..but...he just led the team to their best playoff performance in almost twenty years; he has a long term contract; you can't just fire him in favor of a coach who's promising but untested. So Boucher goes out to the Lightning, as Scotty Bowman did to the Blues once upon a time. If Martin really screws up, he'll be back. Meanwhile, organizational instability -- and firing a decent coach in a panic for an AHL one is an unstable move -- is no recipe for excellence.
By the way: the Habs have to have a bi-lingual coach. Listen to "Le But" and you'll grasp why.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:06 AM
LastRide

Mark my words. JM is going to get fired next year. The Habs won't even make the playoffs unless they pick up a couple of snipers. By right JM should be fired by the holidays but the organization will wait until the end of the year to give him the boot. I guess Muller will be the coach 2011-2012 season. Tell you the truth its the management that needs a good cleaning. One bad decision after another and it never seems to end. The team has been mediocre for too long. Here's hoping Halak stands on his head again and Cammalleri and Gionta score 70 goals each..LOL

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
He can always come back when they will fire him.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Zeroknowledge*

People are panicking it's not like we had Crosby and lost him for nothing, it's just a coach he won't score our goals or stop the pucks, give me a break with all these theories about the sky falling off.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Bieber fever

tampa bay is now a serious organisation.....

Jeff Vinik (new owner)
Yzerman
Boucher
Stamkos
Hedman
Lecavalier
St-louis

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:25 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
tampa bay is now a serious organisation.....

Jeff Vinik (new owner)
Yzerman
Boucher
Stamkos
Hedman
Lecavalier
St-louis
You're forgetting guys like:

Malone
Downie
Meszaros(if he bounces back)
Ohlund

Maybe even Percell will be a good one.

The rest are obviously not that special, but a few good signings/trades and they are a legit contender.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You're forgetting guys like:

Malone
Downie
Meszaros(if he bounces back)
Ohlund

Maybe even Percell will be a good one.

The rest are obviously not that special, but a few good signings/trades and they are a legit contender.
Damn them for being able to tank. Media in Tampa doesn't care, like they do up here. And with all the French guys, RDS should just move their HQ to St. Petersburg and spare us the fawning. As for those who think we're going to suck balls and miss the playoffs next year, etc. Quit your whining. Fans like you didn't deserve the fabulous run the Habs gave us. Fluke or not, I love how everyone assumes it will be 17 more years before we're back in the Conf. finals. Some fans this board has. Pathetic.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:28 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
yep but what could the Habs do? Force Boucher to stay in Hamilton? they couldn't. Give more money? That's not what Boucher is looking for. I don't think the Habs are to blame on this one.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 03:46 AM
kernkraft

Wow, Yzerman just poached the whole coaching staff of our farm team.

I guess Hamilton really was that good this year.

And I was hoping we'd be able to build upon the good steps from last season. 3 completely different coaching staffs on your farm team in 3 seasons.

I'm not happy with this. Whether it's "fair" or not.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 04:15 AM
Jimmy Ballzilly

so,
we sign a lot of players for too long and too much money = we probably don't get Kovalchuk

we sign JM for too long = We lose Guy

We hire Gauthier too quickly and for too long = We don't get Yzerman

Boivin need to go.

Come on Geoff !

Jimmy Ballzilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 04:54 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post

Exactly what I was thinking...

Now see the Lightning back on the top next season maybe... I am happy for Boucher but really disappointed of the Montreal situation.

But imagine if the Lightning move to Quebec, the rivalry will be back instantly.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote