HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

WCF Gm.5: Calgary Flames @ San Jose Sharks l Flames 3-0 l Flames Lead 3-2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2004, 10:37 PM
  #51
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,659
vCash: 500
I dont get putting Niko back on the point. Actually score 2 PP goals yesterday, and then change things again.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:39 PM
  #52
Anthony*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
The ironic part is that I think Nabby has played as good, if not better, than Kipper tonight.

~Crazed.
i thought he could have made a better effort on the iginla breakaway

he looked like he did last year on that play

but yea other than that hes looked solid

Anthony* is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:41 PM
  #53
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,659
vCash: 500
Weak call against Gelinas. Gift PP for the Sharks.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
  #54
Anthony*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,157
vCash: 500
have the sharks lost a game with goc in the lineup

Anthony* is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:44 PM
  #55
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,659
vCash: 500
No. They are 4-0. Grumble.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:45 PM
  #56
X-SHARKIE
Registered User
 
X-SHARKIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Janesville Wisconsin
Posts: 9,362
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Dear: Hockey gods.....please quit smiling on the Flames and give the Sharks some luck in game 6....Pretty please.

THank you, Max.


Seriosly, Why is Dimitrakos and Ekman in the line up...there doing jack squat....Put back in Goc, and SMith.

This is a haaard game to watch. Flames are simply out playing us and using there chances and burring them. *****

X-SHARKIE is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:45 PM
  #57
Hockeycrazed07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buena Vista, VA
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
Weak call against Gelinas. Gift PP for the Sharks.
I'd expect the penalty total to shift towards Calgary now. The refs will do their best to turn it into a game.

~Crazed.

Hockeycrazed07 is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:48 PM
  #58
SwisshockeyAcademy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
The Sharks PP is no threat in its current configuration so a slew of PP's won't change things. Calgary just know how to turn the page and keep battling.

SwisshockeyAcademy is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:50 PM
  #59
Hockeycrazed07
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buena Vista, VA
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
All over the Sharks like stink on crap. No coverage at all.
Heh. I just noticed this. Wouldn't anybody stink on crap?

~Crazed.

Hockeycrazed07 is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:51 PM
  #60
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
Dear: Hockey gods.....please quit smiling on the Flames and give the Sharks some luck in game 6....Pretty please.
You make your own luck. Sharks don't deserve to even come close tonight. They literally, stink on ice.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:17 PM
  #61
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Harvey should be suspended for that cross check STRAIGHT to Gelinas head. That is a DISGUSTING check.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:18 PM
  #62
TeMPZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Great White North
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
suspension worthy. for sure. What was he thinking? And you guys call us a bunch of goons, unbelievable.

TeMPZ is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:18 PM
  #63
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,659
vCash: 500
Stupid penalty by Harvey..but no worse than Ville spearing Davison in the nads earlier in the series. Not suspension worthy at all based on what hasn't been called. If Ville was suspended for that or if Simon was for jumping Rathje, then I would agree 100%. Dirty play.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:21 PM
  #64
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
Stupid penalty by Harvey..but no worse than Ville spearing Davison in the nads earlier in the series. Not suspension worthy at all based on what hasn't been called. If Ville was suspended for that or if Simon was for jumping Rathje, then I would agree 100%. Dirty play.
Rathje shouldn't have gotten in the way. You try to stop a train you better be ready for the consequences.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:21 PM
  #65
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Gelinas shouldn't have tried to NOT hit the goalie, being rewarded by a cross check in the face for avoiding (trying to) the hit...

HF-Addict is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:23 PM
  #66
AvengerK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cal Poly, the good 1
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Rathje shouldn't have gotten in the way. You try to stop a train you better be ready for the consequences.
Rathje wanted to break things up, not fight. He was ready for the consequences, and from the quotes in the media, it appears he took it quite well. Perhaps next time, you'll have the decency to make less inflammatory comments. You know, you could say Gelinas should have gotten his face in the way of Harvey's stick.

AvengerK is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:23 PM
  #67
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Gelinas shouldn't have tried to NOT hit the goalie, being rewarded by a cross check in the face for avoiding (trying to) the hit...
Don't forget to mention Nabby was a good 3-5 feet outside his crease as well. Hard to dodge a goalie when he is playing outside his blue paint.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:24 PM
  #68
Anthony*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
You try to stop a train you better be ready for the consequences.
isnt it you mess with the bull, you get the horns

Anthony* is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:25 PM
  #69
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerK
Rathje wanted to break things up, not fight. He was ready for the consequences, and from the quotes in the media, it appears he took it quite well. Perhaps next time, you'll have the decency to make less inflammatory comments.
I am replyign to a post to another person who said "Simon jumped him". Like I said, its tough hockey. If you don't want to get physical don't get in the way.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:25 PM
  #70
AvengerK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cal Poly, the good 1
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Don't forget to mention Nabby was a good 3-5 feet outside his crease as well. Hard to dodge a goalie when he is playing outside his blue paint.
He was on the edge of the crease. Hard for Nabby to get out of the way when he was making a save.

AvengerK is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:26 PM
  #71
AvengerK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cal Poly, the good 1
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
I am replyign to a post to another person who said "Simon jumped him". Like I said, its tough hockey. If you don't want to get physical don't get in the way.
He got in the way and took his lumps. Same for Gelinas. I don't get the point of your argument.

AvengerK is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:26 PM
  #72
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerK
He was on the edge of the crease. Hard for Nabby to get out of the way when he was making a save.
Edge "lol". Is there imaginary blue paint 5 feet out of the crease?

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
  #73
The Frugal Gourmet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Wow, SJ really stinks out loud this game... remarkable shift.

The Frugal Gourmet is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
  #74
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerK
He got in the way and took his lumps. Same for Gelinas. I don't get the point of your argument.
Gelinas didn't step up to Harvey. Harvey checked him in the face when he was ON THE ICE. There is a huge difference between the two insistances. Rathje kenw what was coming, Gelinas had NO WAY to defend himself on the ice. SUper cheap shot by Harvey, THAT is the difference.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  #75
HF-Addict
Registered User
 
HF-Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Gelinas didn't step up to Harvey. Harvey checked him in the face when he was ON THE ICE. There is a huge difference between the two insistances. Rathje kenw what was coming, Gelinas had NO WAY to defend himself on the ice. SUper cheap shot by Harvey, THAT is the difference.
And obviously, Gélinas didn't try to knock out Nabokov...maybe shoving Gélinas a bit, but not cross-checking him in the face...

HF-Addict is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.