HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Michael Bay Attached to TMNT Reboot (Mar 27: 1st Trailer released)

Old
12-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Mention even the name of Michael Bay and you're bound to get endless internet nerd rage. He's only producing this movie and people are crying about it.

Even ignoring the fact that Michael Bay has made some decent movies and the fact that a lot of his movies have been met with great box-office success, there's nothing to cry about here because he's not directing this movie.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Mention even the name of Michael Bay and you're bound to get endless internet nerd rage. He's only producing this movie and people are crying about it.

Even ignoring the fact that Michael Bay has made some decent movies and the fact that a lot of his movies have been met with great box-office success, there's nothing to cry about here because he's not directing this movie.
What decent movies has he made outside of The Rock??? And I believe that was his VERY first movie as well. He destroyed Pearl Harbor

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
What decent movies has he made outside of The Rock??? And I believe that was his VERY first movie as well. He destroyed Pearl Harbor
Well since he is just a producer for Ninja Turtles, he's got quite of list movies where he was a producer.

Also, the Rock wasn't his first movie. Bad Boys was. I didn't like it, but many people do. Same with the sequel. I also think the Island was pretty good. Hell, Transformers, IMO, were popcorn fun. They weren't amazing movies, but they were visually stunning and fun enough to waste 1 1/2 hours on.

Bay definitely isn't one of my favourites, but he's better than a lot of other guys.

PRODUCER
Quote:
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 (producer) (pre-production)
2011 Fiasco Heights (producer) (pre-production)
2010 Cocaine Cowboys (TV series) (executive producer) (pre-production)
2011 Transformers: Dark of the Moon (executive producer) (post-production)
2011 I Am Number Four (producer) (post-production)
2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street (producer)
2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (executive producer)
2009 Friday the 13th (producer)
2009 The Unborn (producer)
2009 Horsemen (producer)
2007 Transformers (executive producer)
2007 The Hitcher (producer)
2006 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (producer)
2005 Pissed (consulting producer)
2005 The Island (producer)
2005 The Amityville Horror (producer)
2003 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (producer)
2001 Pearl Harbor (producer)
1998/I Armageddon (producer)
DIRECTOR
Quote:
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (post-production)
2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
2007 Transformers
2005 The Island
2003 Bad Boys II
2001 Pearl Harbor
1998/I Armageddon
1996 The Rock
1995 Bad Boys

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Unholy
kesbae

Was a fan of The Island and the Bad Boys movies atleast

Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Fanpuck33

I agree with those who are not attacking Michael Bay. Sure, he's not making Oscar winners, but his movies are entertaining more often than not. Of the movies he's directed, Pearl Harbor was the least enjoyable and I don't put all the blame on him for it. Some of the blame has to go on the writers and producers gave Bay a script and story that went in too many directions. If they had chosen between the love story and the buddy story, it might have been a solid movie.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Counting produced movies or no?

Both Bad Boys movies were good action flicks with the first one being superior to the second for me (and they were both relatively popular and met with box-office success), The Rock was a pretty great movie (I'm not sure how well that did at the box-office), I like The Island and I know it's a hit-or-miss movie for most people (also not sure how it did in the box-office), I really liked the first Transformers movie and although the second was a huge disappointment it still had some terrific CGI and action (and both were massive box-office successes).

Other then all of that, I can't think of anything I've liked from him. Then again, that's a large portion of his directorial work right there. Armageddon was a huge box-office success from what I recall even though I hated it. I'm not sure how well Pearl Harbor was received (I hate that movie as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Was a fan of The Island and the Bad Boys movies atleast
Going by the list natey provided above you, that's over a third of the movies he has directed.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Unholy
kesbae

Quote:

Going by the list natey provided above you, that's over a third of the movies he has directed.
Yeah and I agree with you on the first Transformers. During the second one all I was doing was waiting for it to end but it seemed like it never would.

It's just fun to rag on Bay for explosions but as I said earlier I did enjoy some of his movies.

Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:53 AM
PolishBingo
King Pierogie IV

Unless there are lots of exploding blood packets and impelled Foot Clan soldiers like the original comic, I'm not interested.

PolishBingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahandDylansDad View Post
Unless there are lots of exploding blood packets and impelled Foot Clan soldiers like the original comic, I'm not interested.
The 1980's cartoon TMNT > any other TMNT.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:59 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Counting produced movies or no?

Both Bad Boys movies were good action flicks with the first one being superior to the second for me (and they were both relatively popular and met with box-office success), The Rock was a pretty great movie (I'm not sure how well that did at the box-office), I like The Island and I know it's a hit-or-miss movie for most people (also not sure how it did in the box-office), I really liked the first Transformers movie and although the second was a huge disappointment it still had some terrific CGI and action (and both were massive box-office successes).

Other then all of that, I can't think of anything I've liked from him. Then again, that's a large portion of his directorial work right there. Armageddon was a huge box-office success from what I recall even though I hated it. I'm not sure how well Pearl Harbor was received (I hate that movie as well).

Ya I misreaed that he is just the producer and not the director part. I liked Bad Boys II more than I for some reason. Probably because it involved a Ferrari for all I know. Just wasn't that into the plot in the first one.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Saad Panda
Farewell, Starman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
critics liked it, audiences loved it, but apparently you think it was pretty much the worst film ever.
so the lesson here is that if critics and audiences like a movie, I should too?

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 03:53 PM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
The only movies I like of his are Bad Boys, Pearl Harbor, and Armageddon.

Last edited by BlameUtley: 12-24-2010 at 03:58 PM.
BlameUtley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Jaysfanatic*

OK, so I've really been back on the TMNT wagon after coming across some KICK ASS wallpapers in which they're portrayed as the dark and gritty.

Now I'm not saying that it should go that way because I feel all super-hero movies should be that. But the original comics were kind of dark.

They've hired a director who's movies are generally PG13 to Rated R, so, in that vein, they're on the right track, IMO.

So what exactly would I like to see?

Well, not an origin movie, we all know they were mutated by ooze, maybe in the opening credits show the mutation, and Splinter finding the Turtles, much like, the opening for the cartoon show back in 87.

I'd like to see The Shredder as the bad guy, obviously and I'd like the Turtles to hold nothing back. Allow for a few dialogue quips here and there, but don't make it camp. Have the Turtles be viewed as a menace to society, where they're feared by the general public, but, they have no equals in combat, they can fight anyone thrown at them, EXCEPT the Shredder, who is merciless and is taking NY by storm.

That's when Splinter comes in to help. When I go back and look at it, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 1990 was pretty much how it should go this time. Change up a bit of it, and go with the CGI/Human crossover for the turtles like they do with the ape in Rise of the Apes and King Kong. I think that's the best way to do it.

Thoughts?

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:38 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Joker View Post
Seriously? Michael Bay? How this guy gets a job after job? worst f***ing director ever, and the most overpaid. I cant believe this..
maybe it's because his movies make a ton of cash? Worst director ever? I don't think so.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
The Beyonder

Bay... BAY!!!1!?!?!?! WHY BAY?!?!?! Give to some else who believes in...I don't know... story and acting. ****ing terrible if he reboots TMNT.

EDIT: Oh wait... He's just producing, and isn't one of the only producers. Phew. If he was the director/writer, then I'd be ******** my pants.

Last edited by The Beyonder: 02-21-2012 at 09:53 PM.
The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Michael Bay won't rest until he's ruined my entire childhood.

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Jaysfanatic*

The Rock and Bad Boys were awesome, so even if he were directing, if it was like that, me likey.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Darkhorse1280

I wonder if the bad-ass hockey player Casey Jones will be in this?

Also, will they still be indecisive as to whether Baxter Stockman will be black or white like they were in the previous cartoons?

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Lost Horizons
On the warpath

I always found it funny that Bay went from working on movies like Raiders of The Lost Ark and Playboy movies to directing Pearl Harbor. you would have thought a little bit of Spielberg would have rubbed off on him. Then again with a quote like this:

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movi...#ixzz1n5Ho8bci
Quote:
Bay: I was 15. The first thing I ever said to Steven [Spielberg] was, "I really thought Raiders of the Lost Ark was going to suck."

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Jaysfanatic*

This is how I want my Turtles, especially the last one.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Vamos Rafa

I'm a big fan of the 90s trilogy and those movies were my childhood but I'm not gonna act like a senile old man and be against this reboot. There's new technology and learn to love it. The Turtles in the trilogy looked like Al Harrington, the basketball player.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:07 AM
kingsholygrail
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
I always found it funny that Bay went from working on movies like Raiders of The Lost Ark and Playboy movies to directing Pearl Harbor. you would have thought a little bit of Spielberg would have rubbed off on him. Then again with a quote like this:

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movi...#ixzz1n5Ho8bci
Best quote.

He's like this cross between General Patton and Willy Wonka. He's in command of a massive army, all in the effort to create the ultimate Everlasting Gobstopper.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
wedge

Not a FAN of Bay but his films are entertaining. so nothing particularly against him. Armageddon wasn't that bad and I really like The Island.

Was it the thing with HFBoards and Michael Bay. You have to hate Michael Bay to be cool? His movies make millions at the box office, so I guess he isn't that bad.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
SB164

Michael Bay considered directing Phone Booth. When he met with the writer and producers, the first thing he asked was "How can we get him out of the phone booth?"

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks View Post
Its talking robots though, the majority of families seeing it wouldnt know the history of the franchise anyways.

G.I. Joe on the other hand...
Thats no excuse for terrible writing and acting which lead to a movie full of annoying ridiculous characters.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote