HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

HFHabs' NHL 10 teams (xbox360 & PS3 Video Game Thread) II

Old
07-17-2010, 02:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
On Ps3 sorry
weird, couldnt find your ID.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Not as impressive as a 10 point game, but I had a 27 hit game today (game went to double OT so the stats are a bit skewed). One of the D's on my team also had 18 hits. The CPU on their team actually avoided going into the corners and let us get the puck. Not sure if this was just some coincidence I'd like to think it's from our team's ridiculous hitting. I've been in other games where I've hit a lot (like 10+) but this is the first time I've seen both CPU D continuously shy away from corners on flip ins.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 10:23 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not as impressive as a 10 point game, but I had a 27 hit game today (game went to double OT so the stats are a bit skewed). One of the D's on my team also had 18 hits. The CPU on their team actually avoided going into the corners and let us get the puck. Not sure if this was just some coincidence I'd like to think it's from our team's ridiculous hitting. I've been in other games where I've hit a lot (like 10+) but this is the first time I've seen both CPU D continuously shy away from corners on flip ins.
27 hits? Monster lol

Old
07-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Damn I though my 27 hits in 5 periods was pretty impressive. I just came across a guy who made 24 hits in a regulation 3 period game. Player's name is Felipe Alou.

Old
07-18-2010, 09:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Damn I though my 27 hits in 5 periods was pretty impressive. I just came across a guy who made 24 hits in a regulation 3 period game. Player's name is Felipe Alou.
I never even hit 27 hits I think. I hit pretty often too. Most I got was in Be a GM, one player got 22 hits in 3 periods. Never saw Felipe Alou, or at least, doesn't ring a bell.

Old
07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

He's a pretty good LD too. He said he allocated 90 to checking. I only got 5 hits with 94 checking (I've only recently discovered the awesome of making your player an o-defenseman) and I probably tried to hit as much as him. Don't know if it was the competition but the guy was pokechecking and destroying everyone that came his way.

Old
07-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

vCash: 500
Aggressiveness + Checking is a deadly combo if you like to crush everybody

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
He's a pretty good LD too. He said he allocated 90 to checking. I only got 5 hits with 94 checking (I've only recently discovered the awesome of making your player an o-defenseman) and I probably tried to hit as much as him. Don't know if it was the competition but the guy was pokechecking and destroying everyone that came his way.

better stats in checking wont make you hit more, just better

stats-wise O.D. are the best.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2010, 09:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

I got my guy as sniper.

Old
07-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
I got mine as a defensive D.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
primeking

i dont know if theres any place for me on the 360 team but id like to join you guys. my pro is a C dangler but i can play pretty much any position. hf ; primeking, xbl; herpesVolante, player name ; Simon Prime. i already played on the o9 ps3 teamand was pretty decent. ill sign up shortly so expecting a quick answer.

primeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2010, 07:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

Dunno if anyone's interested, but here's a SHG(OT) in a game with me and watsatheo. Saved it, thought it was pretty funny lol

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23936266

Old
07-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Dunno if anyone's interested, but here's a SHG(OT) in a game with me and watsatheo. Saved it, thought it was pretty funny lol

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23936266
well, it doesn't beat that OT goal I made

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Two quick questions?

I know that they decided to not put out a NHL10 for PC's. Does anyone know if this will change in the future, or am I going to have to stop being so cheap and fork out money for an xbox360 or a PS3?

If so, I'm not a big gamer like most of you, I mostly play sports games. Or the odd game where I can blow **** up. Which one would you recommend that I purchase?

07-20-2010, 10:38 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Two quick questions?

I know that they decided to not put out a NHL10 for PC's. Does anyone know if this will change in the future, or am I going to have to stop being so cheap and fork out money for an xbox360 or a PS3?

If so, I'm not a big gamer like most of you, I mostly play sports games. Or the odd game where I can blow **** up. Which one would you recommend that I purchase?
As for question #1. I used to get the PC version, and every year they failed to make it like the ps3/xbox360 version. Very dissapointing. I bought a TV, PS3 and the game for myself. I only play NHL 09.10 and soon NHL 11...no other games...so eventually we all gotta do it!

Old
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Two quick questions?

I like the Ps3 slim better because of the blue ray player but the new xbox 360 slim sounds pretty awesome I gotta admit. If you're into the blowing things up thing, read into Halo. IMO that's the best shooting game and it's only for xbox.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 07-20-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old
07-20-2010, 10:42 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Two quick questions?

NHL on the PC is terrible whether they make it or not. Very poor ports with no online support as far as I remember.

Do you have an HDTV? If you do, do you have a bluray player?

If the answer to both of those questions are no; pick up the PS3. It's an upcoverting DVD player, Bluray player, gaming system, among other things. You can also rent movies (or buy them) in HD or SD from the Playstation Store.

If you don't have an HDTV, I guess it doesn't really matter. If you're cheap like I am and would rather spend money on games, I'd still go with the PS3 cause it's free to play online (360 is like $60/year I believe). There are plenty of sports titles with good online communities if that's your thing. As far as blowing **** up games, there are lots of those on both systems.

As I said;

PS3 - Free online, Bluray player, Upconverting DVD player.
360 - DVD player, $$$ for online (though it's a bit better), RROD (I think it's a lot better now, but still has a higher failure rate than PS3 as far as I know).

Both systems are amazing, but I can't say enough about having the Bluray for my bedroom.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Two quick questions?

I'm not a huge gamer either, but it's hard to say. Both have advantages.

PS3 has the bluray player which is HUGE. Xbox's arcade though... way better than the PS3 counterpart. Depends what you're looking for.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
samorye

I would like to join a 360 club my stats are around.. gp 1000, 775 G, 725 A
gamertag.. samo808
player name.. Samo Rye

samorye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks for all the information, I appreciate it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Anybody else have mlb the show 10? Not going to lie, even though I suck (veteran mode hitting is kinda hard enough for me ) I'm totally addicted. I haven't played online yet but the gameplay is so fun. Pitching is a little random (even if you get the release on the dot the ball sometimes goes wild) but they made intriguing/challenging enough that you might even fist pump when you get a strike out. Hitting is my weakness. I have no discipline what so ever swinging at every pitch.

Old
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Anybody else have mlb the show 10? Not going to lie, even though I suck (veteran mode hitting is kinda hard enough for me ) I'm totally addicted. I haven't played online yet but the gameplay is so fun. Pitching is a little random (even if you get the release on the dot the ball sometimes goes wild) but they made intriguing/challenging enough that you might even fist pump when you get a strike out. Hitting is my weakness. I have no discipline what so ever swinging at every pitch.
The pitching is a "little wild" to make the game more realistic. The more tired your pitcher gets, the harder it is to hit the line and more likely it won't hit the spot.

I have the game, haven't played in ages, but I love it. I just got so addicted to NHL and Red Dead that I didn't play it at all. I want to get back into it though.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:12 PM
JoshGorges

If someone is interested to join a PS3 club, add MichaelMyers52 to your friends....

We are ranked in 85th position (58-21-3 in July) but we don't have many games cause our team have about 3 or 4 regulars players. Looking for D-men,goalie or a RW.

JoshGorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:17 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGorges View Post
If someone is interested to join a PS3 club, add MichaelMyers52 to your friends....

We are ranked in 85th position (58-21-3 in July) but we don't have many games cause our team have about 3 or 4 regulars players. Looking for D-men,goalie or a RW.
If EASHL didn't lag for me and you had a center spot, I'd try it out.

Old
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The pitching is a "little wild" to make the game more realistic. The more tired your pitcher gets, the harder it is to hit the line and more likely it won't hit the spot.

I have the game, haven't played in ages, but I love it. I just got so addicted to NHL and Red Dead that I didn't play it at all. I want to get back into it though.
I bought a copy of it and UFC Undisputed 09 (wanted to get 10 but I don't have enough disposable income for two 50+ dollar games right now ) a couple of weeks ago. I only got to playing the show now. Funny thing is I haven't even started playing what my buddy says the best part of the game is, RTTS. I'm in 3rd year franchise mode (started with fantasy draft because the Jays don't really have much to work with in the game) with a godly pitching staff of Hanson, Jiménez, Volquez, Price, and Morrow taking up almost 60 million of my 130 mil budget.