HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to other teams

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
  #26
KeziaTML
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
I think Pominville + Stafford for Kaberle + prospect is somewhat fair value. I wouldn't have said that at the start of last season but Stafford's value has dropped significantly after a poor season and - from what I've heard - conflicts with coaching? Although that could be simply media speculation. I think Stafford may have a bit more value than a prospect - depending on the calibre of prospect - so the Leafs add something else to make up for it.
No thanks on Pominville and Stafford. Talk Kassian, Ennis or Butler + picks to get us interested.

KeziaTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:09 AM
  #27
ReggieDunlop7
Registered User
 
ReggieDunlop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
No thanks on Pominville and Stafford. Talk Kassian, Ennis or Butler + picks to get us interested.

ReggieDunlop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
  #28
nwpensfan
Registered User
 
nwpensfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The 14th Tee
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Staal - 21yo
Kaberle - 32 yo

Why give up Staal for Kaberle when you could just resign another top 10 offensive Dman for a ~1.5 million more (Gonchar).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonOrr View Post
Why give up a top 10 scoring defenseman for just a second liner?
We would not trade a 21 yr old 2nd liner for top 10 PP specialist. Not our biggest need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
Just like I'm sure you wouldn't trade Staal straight up for Martin St Louis, Joe Thornton or Brad Richards.
Maybe we would!

Did you two read his post? Why trade Staal for Kaberle when we could just as easy sign Gonchar (probably for less than what it will take to extend Kabs) and keep Staal.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
  #29
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 36,114
vCash: 500
I think the window is beginning to close for getting a big haul in return for Kaberle. Last season's performance, both individually and as a team, didn't help the Leafs as they try to shop this guy.

The phrase "top 10 scoring defenseman" keeps getting inserted into this conversation, but it's not like Kaberle is an actual top-10 defenseman overall. He had the worst +/- on his team and was 36th among dmen in goals... tied with guys like Whitney and Coliacovo. Yeah he moves the puck well but he's hardly a Norris candidate.

I still think Toronto stands a chance of getting a 1st or solid prospect from a team that could really use Kaberle, but this is nothing like the Campbell trade. That year Campbell had nearly as many points mid-season as Kaberle had in 82 games last year.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
  #30
080
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
No thanks on Pominville and Stafford. Talk Kassian, Ennis or Butler + picks to get us interested.
Umm... Pominville is better than all of those players? And Buffalo isn't going to do Pominville + Ennis -- that's ****ing ridiculous. Stafford is a decent third-liner who needs a change of scenery. I'd do Pominville + Stafford for Kaberle + any prospect who isn't Aulie or Kadri or D'Amigo.

Also, no one wants Staal -- Pittsburgh can keep him. The guy's as overrated as it gets. Good checking-line, 40-point center? Yeah. All-Star-God? No.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:17 AM
  #31
sirmaxalot
Registered User
 
sirmaxalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonOrr View Post
Brian Campbell got a player and 1st round pick for only 2 months worth of work.

Kaberle in his prime and on a cheap contract for a full year will get just as much if not more.

5th round?

HAHAHA Brian Campbell could win a Stanley Cup tonight... Kaberle brought his team to the SECOND WORST position in the NHL. He is zoned out. In his prime?! Kaberle's point production since 06'... 67 points, then 58, then 53, then 31, and finally last year as their "go to" defencemen, 49 points. and dropped each year from a plus 3 season rating to a minus 16. So... why am I renting this player for a high pick and a prospect?

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
  #32
nwpensfan
Registered User
 
nwpensfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The 14th Tee
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post

Also, no one wants Staal -- Pittsburgh can keep him. The guy's as overrated as it gets..
Good! Then let's stop the Kaberle for Staal nonsense!!

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:20 AM
  #33
TylerBobak
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Umm... Pominville is better than all of those players? And Buffalo isn't going to do Pominville + Ennis -- that's ****ing ridiculous. Stafford is a decent third-liner who needs a change of scenery. I'd do Pominville + Stafford for Kaberle + any prospect who isn't Aulie or Kadri or D'Amigo.
This.

TylerBobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
  #34
Bobs your uncle
Registered User
 
Bobs your uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Toronto - Sheldon Souray
Edmonton - Kaberle

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
  #35
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxalot View Post
HAHAHA Brian Campbell could win a Stanley Cup tonight... Kaberle brought his team to the SECOND WORST position in the NHL. He is zoned out. In his prime?! Kaberle's point production since 06'... 67 points, then 58, then 53, then 31, and finally last year as their "go to" defencemen, 49 points. and dropped each year from a plus 3 season rating to a minus 16. So... why am I renting this player for a high pick and a prospect?
You can't see the difference between the players on the Hawks compared to the Leafs can you?

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:25 AM
  #36
Papadice
Registered User
 
Papadice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Papadice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonOrr View Post
Brian Campbell got a player and 1st round pick for only 2 months worth of work.

Kaberle in his prime and on a cheap contract for a full year will get just as much if not more.

5th round?

Thank you... I was going to laugh at him, but you beat me to it...

Papadice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
  #37
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerBobak View Post
Yea I must have forgotten about Letangs 27 points in 73 regular season games... Leopold is unsigned and has never had more than 33 points in a season. Goligoski is ok, but hasn't shown he can really run a power play. Without Gonchar you only have supporting PMDs, not a legit defenseman that can run the good powerplay. So yea, you do.
You realize Letang was only 22 right? He played with a nagging injury all year (plus he put up 6 more points at 21) and posted over .5 PPG in the playoffs...

He's got rising potential while showing he can put up at least 41 points and is nearly 10 year younger than Kaberle. We dont NEED a PMD. Leopold doesn't need to put up points... he needs to be someone that is dependable, and he is. Goligoski had an up and down season. He's not physical, but ask (REAL) Penguins fans about him. Before he suffered a bad injury earlier in the year (around November?) Goligoski looked fantastic, and he's also shown potential as a PMD (at 24...) who put up 37 points in 69 games. Although he had up and down times defensively this year, Goligoski looked much better defensively in the playoffs and showed he's still got room to improve in all aspects, and showed a good future.

It helps to watch the games

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
  #38
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadice View Post
Thank you... I was going to laugh at him, but you beat me to it...
By the looks of things it's another memeber using a bogus account to stir up trouble.

But yes his posts wreak of garabage.

And you are welcome.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:28 AM
  #39
Adversary
Registered User
 
Adversary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxalot View Post
HAHAHA Brian Campbell could win a Stanley Cup tonight... Kaberle brought his team to the SECOND WORST position in the NHL. He is zoned out. In his prime?! Kaberle's point production since 06'... 67 points, then 58, then 53, then 31, and finally last year as their "go to" defencemen, 49 points. and dropped each year from a plus 3 season rating to a minus 16. So... why am I renting this player for a high pick and a prospect?
This:



= -1 for Kaberle.

Repeat 100 times

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
  #40
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
This:



= -1 for Kaberle.

Repeat 100 times


Greatest post ever.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:33 AM
  #41
TylerBobak
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
You realize Letang was only 22 right? He played with a nagging injury all year (plus he put up 6 more points at 21) and posted over .5 PPG in the playoffs...

He's got rising potential while showing he can put up at least 41 points and is nearly 10 year younger than Kaberle. We dont NEED a PMD. Leopold doesn't need to put up points... he needs to be someone that is dependable, and he is. Goligoski had an up and down season. He's not physical, but ask (REAL) Penguins fans about him. Before he suffered a bad injury earlier in the year (around November?) Goligoski looked fantastic, and he's also shown potential as a PMD (at 24...) who put up 37 points in 69 games. Although he had up and down times defensively this year, Goligoski looked much better defensively in the playoffs and showed he's still got room to improve in all aspects, and showed a good future.

It helps to watch the games

Umm if Leopold doesn't need to put up points.. then why would you cite him as one of your PMD haha? And for the other two you keep using words like "potential", yea they MIGHT become decent at running a power play, they might become less than average. I don't see why you're getting worked up, I've already said I don't think Toronto and Pittsburgh are good trading partners, I was just saying your team lacks an elite PMD if Gonchar leaves... which is true. Assuming Letang/Goligoski can put up 50-65 points is like assuming Bozak is going to put up 65+ points as a number one centre. It might happen, but you can't bank on it.

TylerBobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
  #42
sirmaxalot
Registered User
 
sirmaxalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
HAHA OK Papadice, ColtonOrr and Adversary... The long and short of it is this... for the 120347129864721th time, Leafs fans are expecting the world for Kaberle. If I had told you that when Kessel came to Toronto that he was only staying for a year and you were giving up the same picks, you would flip out. You are expecting other teams to just forget that in one year he will probably want to return to Toronto and you've essentially given up a high pick and great prospect for him? It is the same as the Mats Sundin fiasco. No one wanted to drop a mint on him to see him walk back to Toronto in a year. Unless you're sure you're a cup contender, you don't want to give up your future players for a player that doesn't want to play for anyone but the Blue and White. His agent was on 640 the other day and noted that despite rumours to the contrary, Kaberle has only ONCE, and ONCE only a couple of seasons ago given a possible list of cities to be traded to. Since then it's been a solid "NO".

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:37 AM
  #43
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxalot View Post
HAHA OK Papadice, ColtonOrr and Adversary... The long and short of it is this... for the 120347129864721th time, Leafs fans are expecting the world for Kaberle. If I had told you that when Kessel came to Toronto that he was only staying for a year and you were giving up the same picks, you would flip out. You are expecting other teams to just forget that in one year he will probably want to return to Toronto and you've essentially given up a high pick and great prospect for him? It is the same as the Mats Sundin fiasco. No one wanted to drop a mint on him to see him walk back to Toronto in a year. Unless you're sure you're a cup contender, you don't want to give up your future players for a player that doesn't want to play for anyone but the Blue and White. His agent was on 640 the other day and noted that despite rumours to the contrary, Kaberle has only ONCE, and ONCE only a couple of seasons ago given a possible list of cities to be traded to. Since then it's been a solid "NO".
Definitely a fake account used for baiting.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:43 AM
  #44
sirmaxalot
Registered User
 
sirmaxalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonOrr View Post
Definitely a fake account used for baiting.
I'm not arguing anymore. Fake account? That's your response? I said nothing that fans of other teams wouldn't say to you in a second. I'm not baiting you, I'm DEBATING you.

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:44 AM
  #45
Adversary
Registered User
 
Adversary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxalot View Post
HAHA OK Papadice, ColtonOrr and Adversary... The long and short of it is this... for the 120347129864721th time, Leafs fans are expecting the world for Kaberle.
"Its not a case of taking the best offer. Its more a case of if we get something that makes sense, were going to do it. If not well keep him. Hes a good player, he wants to stay and hes at a good price."

-Brian Burke

If there isn't a trade works for the Leafs Burke will resign Kaberle.

For every poster who says the fans are over valueing Kaberle, that is because these are deals that make sense for the leafs.

Burke is not trading Kaberle for "the best offer" he is only trading him if he gets what he needs out of the trade.

What Burke needs isn't the 57th pick + less than average prospect.

Kaberle will not be traded for anything like that. He will remain a Leaf

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:49 AM
  #46
sirmaxalot
Registered User
 
sirmaxalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
"Its not a case of taking the best offer. Its more a case of if we get something that makes sense, were going to do it. If not well keep him. Hes a good player, he wants to stay and hes at a good price."

-Brian Burke

If there isn't a trade works for the Leafs Burke will resign Kaberle.

For every poster who says the fans are over valueing Kaberle, that is because these are deals that make sense for the leafs.

Burke is not trading Kaberle for "the best offer" he is only trading him if he gets what he needs out of the trade.

What Burke needs isn't the 57th pick + less than average prospect.

Kaberle will not be traded for anything like that. He will remain a Leaf
EXACTLY, you hit the nail right on the head. they will most likely re-sign. Because Burke wants a trade that "WORKS FOR THE LEAFS" but nothing I've seen so far for the potential rental for one year of a player "WORKS FOR ANYONE ELSE".

Which is why I wish the minds of all the posters that daily put up Kaberle threads with wild ideas and imaginations would post about other players. Would be more interesting to hear.

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
  #47
Adversary
Registered User
 
Adversary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxalot View Post
EXACTLY, you hit the nail right on the head. they will most likely re-sign. Because Burke wants a trade that "WORKS FOR THE LEAFS" but nothing I've seen so far for the potential rental for one year of a player "WORKS FOR ANYONE ELSE".

Which is why I wish the minds of all the posters that daily put up Kaberle threads with wild ideas and imaginations would post about other players. Would be more interesting to hear.
You have no clue what would work for other teams. You are a fan lmao

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:52 AM
  #48
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
You have no clue what would work for other teams. You are a fan lmao
Thank you.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
  #49
sirmaxalot
Registered User
 
sirmaxalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
You have no clue what would work for other teams. You are a fan lmao
Great response man. I'm glad you are able to LYAO. Very intelligent input. I think this whole thread just benefitted from your careful analysis of who I am and what I know about trades. Thank you for telling me what I do and do not know. Why didn't you just come on this thread sooner. I was agreeing finally with the last poster that he would most like re-sign. I know good trades and I've seen many bad trades (being a Bruins fan, trust me Sinden did a number on us). Even if I was coaching any other team in the NHL, I would want to be sure I could keep Kaberle for more than a year. Unfortunately, no one can be sure they can keep him longer, hence the hesitance of giving up future players from re-building teams for a one year rental.

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
  #50
nwpensfan
Registered User
 
nwpensfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The 14th Tee
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
You have no clue what would work for other teams. You are a fan lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonOrr View Post
Thank you.
What are you guys, NHL experts?

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.