HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Barker---underwhelming.....

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 11:59 AM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
Barker---underwhelming.....

Admittedly I've only seen him twice---at the CHL Top Prospects Game and in yesterday's Medicine Hat 3-1 loss to Gatineau in their Mem Cup round robin game...

That's twice now that I have not been impressed by him--true,he did not make glaring mistakes--but neither did he do much to justify why he should go as high as #3 as some have argued.......I'm not even sure he's the best D-man in the draft--if so--then its a weak draft for D-men......

I was not impressed yesterday with his puck-handling/rushing,skating (seemed slow to me) shot (several blocked,nothing "wicked")...lack of aggressive hitting--he just looked invisible out there......I did not see any spark of passion for the game from him...an "off night"? If so,that's twice that I've viewed him--he is no Bouwmeester or Pitkanen---so I just cannot see anything special about him...

Old
05-17-2004, 12:26 PM
PSUhockey34

The top picks in every draft year are over analyzed to no end...the fact is that the talent is there but who knows if it will transition outside of the CHL

Old
05-17-2004, 01:28 PM
The Spaz

I guess your right but you can't argue with 21 goals 44 assists for 65 points in 69 games.

Closed Thread