HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tallon: Vokoun to be starter for Panthers next year

Old
06-11-2010, 02:54 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
And a bunch of Philly fans are arguing that they wouldn't trade Carter now for Vokoun unless Kulikov or the 3rd overall are added to the mix... sucks because I'd love that trade for Vokoun's sake.
Id love the trade for the fact that we would get a young, 40 goal center for Vokoun. But of course not if it cost us Kully and/or the #3 pick.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 04:47 PM
305Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Id love the trade for the fact that we would get a young, 40 goal center for Vokoun. But of course not if it cost us Kully and/or the #3 pick.
Yea, that's what I was arguing. They keep on undervaluing Vokoun because of his contract and age. Personally I don't see them having a problem working out a reasonable contract with him, if they were to pick him up. He's definitely got gas in that tank of his, I could see him playing at least 4 more seasons.

I was thinking though... What do you all think about Vokoun + Olesz + 2nd rounder for Carter + Leino?... Maybe Hartnell? I'm kind of infatuated with this Carter idea now hah. How's his FO%?

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 06:55 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
Yea, that's what I was arguing. They keep on undervaluing Vokoun because of his contract and age. Personally I don't see them having a problem working out a reasonable contract with him, if they were to pick him up. He's definitely got gas in that tank of his, I could see him playing at least 4 more seasons.

I was thinking though... What do you all think about Vokoun + Olesz + 2nd rounder for Carter + Leino?... Maybe Hartnell? I'm kind of infatuated with this Carter idea now hah. How's his FO%?
Vokoun could maybe play for 4 more yrs but I doubt it'll be at an elite level for more than 2 yrs.

You do realize that Olesz takes away from the value of the trade?? Leino just came off a playoff where he tied the record for points in the playoffs by a rookie. Doubtful that Philly would trade him anyway but he's got more value than you think now. Hartnell also had a pretty solid playoffs so probably not that easy to move him either. As far as Carter goes, he's got the same FO % as Weiss...52%.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 07:57 PM
305Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Vokoun could maybe play for 4 more yrs but I doubt it'll be at an elite level for more than 2 yrs.

You do realize that Olesz takes away from the value of the trade?? Leino just came off a playoff where he tied the record for points in the playoffs by a rookie. Doubtful that Philly would trade him anyway but he's got more value than you think now. Hartnell also had a pretty solid playoffs so probably not that easy to move him either. As far as Carter goes, he's got the same FO % as Weiss...52%.
I'm mainly just throwing him in so we can finally move him. Would you think a package of Vokoun + Olesz + someone cheap like Mcardle or Repik for Carter + Hartnell ($ wise, otherwise I'd go with Leino if it fit under the cap)? Maybe toss in a 2nd rounder?

Old
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
I'm mainly just throwing him in so we can finally move him. Would you think a package of Vokoun + Olesz + someone cheap like Mcardle or Repik for Carter + Hartnell ($ wise, otherwise I'd go with Leino if it fit under the cap)? Maybe toss in a 2nd rounder?
Forget about moving Olesz...no one wants him and if you include him in the deal it makes it worse for the other team so you'd have to include something extremely valuable like a Horton or a Weiss. So no I dont think any package including Olesz would work.

I really believe in the K.I.S.S. method in things like this...expanding the deal too much makes it too difficult. Figure out a way to do Vokoun + for Carter and thats all you need to make a deal. Just depends on what that + is to make it something that Philly would do. The more I think about it though, the less I like the idea of Carter on this team. I dont think he'd be the type of player that Tallon wants to bring in here as talented as he is. But thats just IMHO.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 07:05 PM
FlaPanthers7

From SI.com quoting the Philly Daily News related to the Vokoun issue:

Paul Holmgren, according to some, should not stand pat -- and that means finding goaltending. It was their great good fortune [to avoid Washington and Pittsburgh], and they took advantage of it, and the manner in which they did it will be to their everlasting credit. But it was good fortune and no one should ever forget it. ... [Michael Leighton] was pulled in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final, deservedly. He was pulled in Game 5, deservedly. In Game 6, he let in one goal on a wrist shot from the dot - the kind of puck that just needs to be stopped in the final - and he let in an impossible goal in overtime that decided the game.

Philadelphia Daily News

Vokoun to Philly only makes too much sense.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 09:28 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
From SI.com quoting the Philly Daily News related to the Vokoun issue:

Paul Holmgren, according to some, should not stand pat -- and that means finding goaltending. It was their great good fortune [to avoid Washington and Pittsburgh], and they took advantage of it, and the manner in which they did it will be to their everlasting credit. But it was good fortune and no one should ever forget it. ... [Michael Leighton] was pulled in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final, deservedly. He was pulled in Game 5, deservedly. In Game 6, he let in one goal on a wrist shot from the dot - the kind of puck that just needs to be stopped in the final - and he let in an impossible goal in overtime that decided the game.

Philadelphia Daily News

Vokoun to Philly only makes too much sense.
Not to Philly fans.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 11:06 PM
305Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Not to Philly fans.
Unless they get our 3rd pick and ANOTHER one of our top players

Old
06-12-2010, 11:30 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
To be fair, it's Kulikov or the third overall...

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 07:08 PM
PBPantherfan
#draft is coming

Looks like unless Tallon gets blown away Vokoun is going to be here. You got to love Vokoun a great player that wants to be here and we keep putting crap around him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,4079124.story

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Looks like unless Tallon gets blown away Vokoun is going to be here. You got to love Vokoun a great player that wants to be here and we keep putting crap around him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,4079124.story
from that same article

Quote:
However, Vokoun said Tallon sent an e-mail to every player on the roster. Tallon said Thursday he had spoken with a half-dozen players and planned on speaking with the rest. In the e-mail, Tallon asked players to let him know if they didn't want to be a part of this franchise.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
from that same article

Yeah, saw that. LOVE it!! Purge those who don't want to be here, get what we can, start building the team mindset.

06-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Sean Avery*

Just wanted you guys to know you just got a HELL OF A GM. All the "knowitall" Hawks fans on these boards blame Tallon for all of the bad things that have happened in the last year or two but have not a clue what they are talking about.

Almost Tallon alone is the reason the Hawks won the Cup this year. McDonough was named Team President and it was clear he wanted to white wash the front office. After the little "snafu" with the offer sheets last year Tallon got fired when IN FACT it was Stan Bowman's job to make sure those were ready and out on time. It's clear McDonough's plan was to get the Bowman's in and Tallon out.

The players respect Dale so much (as was shown when THE WHOLE TEAM took a bus trip to Dale's home town and attended his father's funeral along with him) and have shown that support at the United Center with certain signs about "The Team Tallon Built". They would leave pucks DIRECTLY under the sign and tap the glass with their stick or glove as they skated by. He is a class act and a great man and I'm jealous you guys have him now.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/6901

Look forward to seeing some of the current Hawks likely on your roster next year!

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 02:36 PM
RainingRats

HackswithHaggs (source is 100% legit) Writer for CSN

Confirmed w/source Bruins attempting to move Tim Thomas. Priority No 1 on trade front. Teams: SJ, Tampa, Philly if they can shed salary #NHL

I think Philly has to be interested in Vokoun. Hopefully Tallon was bluffing a bit with saying Vokoun is going to be the starter. Vokoun is three years younger and has a much friendlier contract.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
HackswithHaggs (source is 100% legit) Writer for CSN

Confirmed w/source Bruins attempting to move Tim Thomas. Priority No 1 on trade front. Teams: SJ, Tampa, Philly if they can shed salary #NHL

I think Philly has to be interested in Vokoun. Hopefully Tallon was bluffing a bit with saying Vokoun is going to be the starter. Vokoun is three years younger and has a much friendlier contract.
The thing is, Thomas is a salary dump. From what I gather from Tallon, he's not just going to dump him, but he's only going to trade him if it's a very good return.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2010, 08:32 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The thing is, Thomas is a salary dump. From what I gather from Tallon, he's not just going to dump him, but he's only going to trade him if it's a very good return.
If we bring in Savard, playoffs are expected so there is no point in trading Vokoun.

Old
06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Hubs & Kisses

VOKOUN IS AWFUL!

Hubs & Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I think if we trade Horton for Savard or for Spezza we should keep Vokoun because we will have a shot at the playoffs. If he trades Horton for a lot of picks/potential, Vokoun serves us no purpose but keeping us from being as bad as possible which doesn't help much.

Old
06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
I think if we trade Horton for Savard or for Spezza we should keep Vokoun because we will have a shot at the playoffs. If he trades Horton for a lot of picks/potential, Vokoun serves us no purpose but keeping us from being as bad as possible which doesn't help much.
I think he allows for markstrom to stay in the AHL so he can get used to the NA style of play. Of course we could call up cheverie or someone...

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Commence the Vokoun to PHI threads...

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Tallon's going to try to make the playoffs, he's not going to tank.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Mike Burrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Tallon's first huge mistake. Same mistake all the other dumbass GM's we've had have made -- not getting optimal assets for his top players while their value is highest.
It's possible that while Vokoun's value should be high, there isn't a team that can put together a deal that makes sense for both sides.

Mike Burrell is offline   Reply With Quote