HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iggy coming unravelled?

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 12:05 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Iggy coming unravelled?

Wow, Iginla is really losing control of his emotions out there, and it isn't a good sign. Despite my disdain for the Flames, how can you not like Iginla? He does everything, at both ends of the ice.

That being said, I think he is feeling a lot of pressure with the C on his shirt during this playoff run.

The last 2 games he has really lost control of his emotions for completely stupid reasons. I mean game one he goes after Korolyuk for scoring an empty netter in game one, and in game to he grabs Stuart from behind and looked like he was going to start swinging at him in game 2.

This is not what the flames need from Iggy. It was one thing to send that message to Hatcher, but this is just getting silly. I'm worried he is going to do something very stupid if Calgary goes on to lose this series... especially if the clinching game isn't a close affair (like last nights game).

Old
05-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Korolyuk deserved to get pounded for his showboating on the empty netter in Game 3 but I agree that Iggy has to rein in his temper. he's more valuable on the ice then in the sin bin.

That said... I was pleased the Flames beat Vancouver but enough's enough already. We can't have our biggest rivals holding too much playoff success over our heads during the stoppage. God forbid the Leafs and the Flames ever play a Final against each other... I'd have to cheer for the Flames!

Old
05-17-2004, 12:37 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
Korolyuk deserved to get pounded for his showboating on the empty netter in Game 3 but I agree that Iggy has to rein in his temper. he's more valuable on the ice then in the sin bin.
Hey, it's not like he skated around the ice and did a 3 fist pump (*cough* Kovalchuk *cough*)... heck, he didn't even put his arms in the air after he scored...

Old
05-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
See, I didn't see any showboating. The media in Calgary was all worked up about it, but even Sutter didn't see much in it. He even explained that Korolyuk might have been trying to pass it off, and then noticed a Calgary jersey out of the corner of his eye.

Old
05-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Mizral

I agree, I have no problem with Iginla this post-season at all. Tied for the points lead in the playoffs, a Conn Smythe contender, and MVP of the Flames playoff run bar none, and you're worried about a little smacking around of Alexandre Koralyuk?

Iginla is fine.

That said, I think the Sharks have this series. I said Sharks in 6 earlier on, but it might take 7 games to see this season end. Nabokov right now is just scary, and that Sharks forward corps is just flat out better than the Flames', no offense Flames fans.

Old
05-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Hemsky4PM

I agree that the Flames offense if drying up. Lombardi is actually proving to be a big loss. The back end isn't producing enough either. Leopold missed a wide open net last game and Commodore is looking like Commodore again. The Sharks relish the underdog role and losing the first two gave them that (though they certainly would have liked winning them better). SJ has played well enough to win 3 games. It's looking more and more like the Boston-Montreal series, and the team that plays better is likely to win a seven game series. SJ has their edge back, but I agree that this one will go the distance. Then, who knows right?

Old
05-17-2004, 04:23 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
See, I didn't see any showboating. The media in Calgary was all worked up about it, but even Sutter didn't see much in it. He even explained that Korolyuk might have been trying to pass it off, and then noticed a Calgary jersey out of the corner of his eye.
No kidding. This was so blown out of proportion its not even funny. He stops to let the guy in front of him move away from the net before putting it in. The only reason Iggy went after him was because he was looking for something to scrum about, to show the Calgary fans they weren't going to lose without some emotion. The media should recognize that, if you can shoot at a half empty net, or a completely empty one by waiting a few seconds, you're going to take the empty net. Even if he was trying to rub it in a bit, who wouldn't? Its not like the two teams have to be best friends-they pound each other enough out there to make you want to rub it in their face a little. Its just good fun, if anything at all

Old
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Cerebral

I personally felt that Robyn Regehr had a very poor game yesterday afternoon. He played a key part in three of the Sharks goals by my count. He bumped Kiprusoff on one goal, was in the penalty box for another and allowed his man to bump off and stand alone in front of the net for a third goal. He might have been playing a bit nervous after having the national spotlight on him for the last couple days. He's had a really good playoffs so far though, I definitely see him bouncing back strong tonight..

Old
05-17-2004, 05:33 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
...and MVP of the Flames playoff run bar none, and you're worried about a little smacking around of Alexandre Koralyuk?

Iginla is fine.
One point of disagreement here. Ask any fan watching the series and any Calgary and, most likely, the answer to the MVP of the Flames' playoff run is Kipper. While Iginla sure has been important... how important can you say he was over Martin Gelinas in the Detroit series? Kipper is the mainstay... and if it's "bar none".. it's the man between the pipes.

Old
05-17-2004, 06:31 PM
oh_canuck

Quote:

That said... I was pleased the Flames beat Vancouver but enough's enough already. We can't have our biggest rivals holding too much playoff success over our heads during the stoppage. God forbid the Leafs and the Flames ever play a Final against each other... I'd have to cheer for the Flames!
I do agree this lack of control they have been showing is an indicator the flames bubble has burst, the pressure of being expected to win is setting in...

Im not sure what constitutes showboating in that case was i because he stopped?
All koroluk did was stop to wait for the two players who were tied up to go by the net then he shot it into the open net if thats showboating we are getting way to sensitive.

Im with you on that last point 100% guy.

Old
05-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Personally, I think Iginla was more ticked that Korolyuk had dumped him to the ice back in SJ's zone immediately before the breakout that led to the empty netter rather than how Korolyuk deposited the puck into the net.

Closed Thread