HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

MTL to send a goaler to TB?

Old
06-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Halak for Hedman makes sense to me. It won't for Yzerman but it does for me
The way Halak has played in the playoffs they would also need to add Stamkos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
there's absolutely no chance in hell if im the habs GM that im doing any kind of trade (big or small) with Tampa Bay

forget it
I actually see something like that happening.Tampa needs that franchise goalie,they have the forward,the defenceman and need that goalie who can step in right away.We are fortunate to have 2 great young goalies and need that franchise forward who we would be able to draft @ # 6.I don't know why but I could see something happening between both teams.

If we trade either goalie to St.Louis or say a West team,doubt we get that good of a return

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
:I actually see something like that happening.Tampa needs that franchise goalie,they have the forward,the defenceman and need that goalie who can step in right away.We are fortunate to have 2 great young goalies and need that franchise forward who we would be able to draft @ # 6.I don't know why but I could see something happening between both teams.

If we trade either goalie to St.Louis or say a West team,doubt we get that good of a return
I'd rather get a little less and trade a goalie out west then have to face them 4 times a year. I'm very leary of trading either goalie as it could be a disaster for us.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Talent Analyst

Halak for Martin St-Louis? Could be a very good trade for both.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
why's that?
I'm not sure if this is what Markov79fan is refering to but Melnick and Mcguire addressed this last night on their segment on 990.

The reasoning is that since Guy Boucher is over there now he knows our players inside and out much better than we know theirs. So you have the potential to get fleeced in a trade.

At least that's the reasoning or how I understood it. So you're better off cutting all ties with them.

I'm not saying I agree or not with this btw. Just explaining what M&M were talking about because it seems be what Markov79fan is also refering to.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I would want Downie. Aside from draft picks and the will-not-be tradeds, there's not much that piques my interest. Sure, Malone or St. Louis or even Lecavalier would be nice, but they are veterans with heavy contracts. With last season's UFA bonanza, I think the organization would be better off trading one of the goalies for a young player, a potential building block, one who happens to bring an unusual combination of skill and ugliness.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Trade for St-Louis, Sign Lombardi.

St-Louis-Gomez-Gionta
Lombardi-Plekanec-Cammalleri

Other teams would be terrified by playing us.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
why's that?
first of all because i hate this organisation

but seriously, any time you have a coach /scout/ leaving your organisation for another and they know your team (prospects wise) better than anyone. and they could have some insight info on some kid its always dangerous making a deal with that team

Last year when Doug Risebrough sign with the rangers as a pro scout in january 2009, rangers call immediatly to ask for some player (I.E Gaborik) and the wild told them we're not making any deal with you guys. forget it. who's the first players Rangers sign as a free Agent on July 1st...Gaborik. Im 100% sure Risebrough had a lot to with this move

so with Boucher in Tampa bay, and thats just my personal opinion but i wouldn't do any deal with them. Boucher know are prospects in the ahl better than anyone. heck i wouldn't be surprise if he told Yzerman to go after Desharnais

anyway lets say if we trade Price to TB... the only guy who (IMO) are equal value to Price are Hedman or Stamkos. all the others would be salary dump by the lightnings (Lecavalier/Malone/ and St-Louis is too old)

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Thinkbig

Yzerman is coming for Price.. when he attended a habs game before the olympics, Price played an amazing game...

PPL here forget how dominant Price can be..

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:18 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
St-Louis is awesome but how much small player a team can get seriously. plus he's salary his tough on the salary cap and he's not getting any younger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I'm not sure if this is what Markov79fan is refering to but Melnick and Mcguire addressed this last night on their segment on 990.

The reasoning is that since Guy Boucher is over there now he knows our players inside and out much better than we know theirs. So you have the potential to get fleeced in a trade.

At least that's the reasoning or how I understood it. So you're better off cutting all ties with them.

I'm not saying I agree or not with this btw. Just explaining what M&M were talking about because it seems be what Markov79fan is also refering to.
this

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Yzerman is coming for Price.. when he attended a habs game before the olympics, Price played an amazing game...

PPL here forget how dominant Price can be..
Could very well be. I also think he wants to lose Lecavalier.

Old
06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Cap space would be a problem.

Quote:

Seems like a minor point, if say the trade was for St.Louis, what else is there to know about him? There's just too many what if's here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
first of all because i hate this organisation

but seriously, any time you have a coach /scout/ leaving your organisation for another and they know your team (prospects wise) better than anyone. and they could have some insight info on some kid its always dangerous making a deal with that team

Last year when Doug Risebrough sign with the rangers as a pro scout in january 2009, rangers call immediatly to ask for some player (I.E Gaborik) and the wild told them we're not making any deal with you guys. forget it. who's the first players Rangers sign as a free Agent on July 1st...Gaborik. Im 100% sure Risebrough had a lot to with this move

so with Boucher in Tampa bay, and thats just my personal opinion but i wouldn't do any deal with them. Boucher know are prospects in the ahl better than anyone. heck i wouldn't be surprise if he told Yzerman to go after Desharnais

anyway lets say if we trade Price to TB... the only guy who (IMO) are equal value to Price are Hedman or Stamkos. all the others would be salary dump by the lightnings (Lecavalier/Malone/ and St-Louis is too old)
Well I would be suprised if we traded any prospects to tampa, if we move a goalie, we still will likely need to move one of our D (Hammer or Spacegoat) so we have some cap room, so depending on who we would be getting back, we might need to move even more cap space.

Old
06-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Cap space would be a problem.

Seems like a minor point, if say the trade was for St.Louis, what else is there to know about him? There's just too many what if's here.
If the trade is for an established player yes. But the logic does make sense if you consider that most trades you see include some kind of prospect. Couple that with the fact that GMs and teams are focussing a lot more on the character of the kids instead of just their skill set nowadays and they might have a point.

Old
06-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
St.Louis being a UFA in 2011 and about 5'7" mean it's a big no.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
If the trade is for an established player yes. But the logic does make sense if you consider that most trades you see include some kind of prospect. Couple that with the fact that GMs and teams are focussing a lot more on the character of the kids instead of just their skill set nowadays and they might have a point.
I don't think the Habs are really in a good position to trade any prospects as they don't have much incoming to Hamilton next year. PG likely needs to clear a little cap space to begin with, trading a goalie doesn't help much since neither made big money this year. Granted it's possible we thrown in a prospect but I would hope that PG and Timmins know their own players well enough, to not get fleeced. Then again I don't know too much about PG.

Old
06-09-2010, 03:42 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Yzerman's first priority is clearly getting the team better while shedding Salary. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is trying to trade Lecavalier. Even if Lecavalier isn't the player he once was the last two years he had so so seasons, being injured and what not, he would still pot 80 possible 1-2 seasons of 90 points, which IMO is better than we could ask for.

Lecavalier- Cammalleri would be a solid duo for our first line, and I wouldn't mind if we shed Hamrlik one way, and manage to solidify our Defense.

But again we are talking about a possible trade that has a 2-5 % chance of happening. Boucher knows alot about our Hamilton players but probably not as much about our NHL players.

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:44 PM
ScottFC

Just for fun:

Halak + A.Kost + 1st for St.Louis + 1st + Mike Smith
Gomez + s.Kost + Price for Lecavalier/Malone + Downie + 1st

I'd also try to swap Hamrlik for Ohlund somehow just to have a Vet on the team other then Markov

Swap the goalies wherever you like they are of equal value to me even though I know Halak has a way higher value right now in the NHL for what he's accomplished. Somehow I think Yzerman would prefer Price though.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest View Post
Just for fun:

Halak + A.Kost + 1st for St.Louis + 1st + Mike Smith
Gomez + s.Kost + Price for Lecavalier/Malone + Downie + 1st

I'd also try to swap Hamrlik for Ohlund somehow just to have a Vet on the team other then Markov

Swap the goalies wherever you like they are of equal value to me even though I know Halak has a way higher value right now in the NHL for what he's accomplished. Somehow I think Yzerman would prefer Price though.
You think or you know? Because I for one am still unsure about who is/ is going to be the best.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Bitterman

Garrioch is full of crap. Seriously, with Guy Boucher in Tampa does anyone seriously think Gauthier would do anything that might help the Bolts beat us out of a playoff spot? Would Boivin allow it knowing how it might make them both look?

Might as well stick a big "Fire my ass!" sign of their backs.

Bitterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
scott nichol is also available
Nathan Gerbe?

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
St-Louis is awesome, but he's going to turn 35 in less than a week. Besides, we're nowhere close to being contenders and he's only signed for one more season. Who knows whether he'd re-sign with us. And let's not forget that players his age can decline very quickly.

Their first rounder for Halak could be a good starting point.

Quote:
I'd rather get a little less and trade a goalie out west then have to face them 4 times a year. I'm very leary of trading either goalie as it could be a disaster for us.
4 times in 82 games. Big deal.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterman View Post
Garrioch is full of crap. Seriously, with Guy Boucher in Tampa does anyone seriously think Gauthier would do anything that might help the Bolts beat us out of a playoff spot? Would Boivin allow it knowing how it might make them both look?

Might as well stick a big "Fire my ass!" sign of their backs.
GM's are more worried about helping their own teams than what effect a deal has on another team. That being said, I'm sure they'd prefer trading Halak or Price to the West when that deal happens.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 05:16 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batarnac View Post
You think or you know? Because I for one am still unsure about who is/ is going to be the best.
I know Halaks value is greater right now and i don't even think thats debatable but in my opinion Price will be better.

Old
06-09-2010, 05:19 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
St-Louis is awesome, but he's going to turn 35 in less than a week. Besides, we're nowhere close to being contenders and he's only signed for one more season. Who knows whether he'd re-sign with us. And let's not forget that players his age can decline very quickly.

Their first rounder for Halak could be a good starting point.

4 times in 82 games. Big deal.
damn i thought St-Louis was younger then that forget my proposal then

Old
06-09-2010, 05:30 PM
smiler2729

Halak, Ak46 and Hamrlik to TB for St. Louis, Malone and Lecavalier

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Price for St. Louis.

I'm onto you Mr. Gauthier...

Why do French people call it a goaler ?

Also, why do people with limited hockey knowledge go" This player has 10 scores ?"

Enough with the off topic, Analyzer.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote