HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Carcillo vs Talbot

Old
06-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
You knew exactly what Talbot was doing the second the finger came up to the mouth. That, my friends, is called foreshadowing.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
Talbot is one of the worst fighters in the league. He cannot keep his balance, so he flails seconds into the fight.

However, the guy will do whatever it takes, I've seen him challenge Zdeno Chara in a game the Bruins were winning 5-0, as refs attempted to save Talbot's life.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Erz8771

I played competitive hockey when I was younger. And if a momentum shift was needed there was always guys who I played with were willing to fight. Whether they won or lost it would still get a team amped.

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Eric Lindros

I don't buy it. As another poster pointed out, Penguins were pulling out come from behind victories all season, and none of those had this situation, so why would they all of a sudden need their player to get pummelled to turn it around?

My opinion is that the Crosby goal was the momentum changer. Lucky bounce, something finally goes right for them that game, and then the quick second goal. After that, it was all Penguins. I won't believe that the lucky bounce of the puck to Crosby there was a direct result of the Penguins playing harder after Talbot lost the fight. They were the better team, and they started playing like it.

As far as after the game interviews, I don't put much weight on their comments. Would they still have said "we tried a lot harder and put in more effort after Talbot got beat up" if they had lost? No, because they didn't.

Those two goals were the source of the momentum shift, and had unfortunate timing to take place right after the Talbot fight, so everyone links the two. Again, though, I don't buy it.

Eric Lindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect the Jewels View Post
As far as after the game interviews, I don't put much weight on their comments. Would they still have said "we tried a lot harder and put in more effort after Talbot got beat up" if they had lost? No, because they didn't.
That's not the issue, which indicates you're not understanding the fundamental issue at hand here. They weren't asked in the post-game about it...they pointed it out to the media.

Classic reading between the lines here. They had their best shifts of the game right after it, which was bang-bang since it was less than 20 seconds between goals, and then 2 minutes before the Penguins made it 3-2. They got the first two goals because of the jump. It's too coincidental that you have the Flyers score, then the fight, then the Penguins come out on fire and score right after it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
RememberRoger*
apt w/ 2 sexy ladies

Talbot is Jeff Bloemberg with a better supporting cast.

but feel free to post up six more times about how great a moment this was for the Pens organization, maybe you'll truly believe it, ranks right up there with tanking for Mario.

RememberRoger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
RememberRoger*
apt w/ 2 sexy ladies

i was kinda baffled during the Habs series why Talbot didn't allow Moen to tune him up... i mean, since this monumental Carcillo beatdown 'obviously' cemented the previous season's playoff momentum -- and by many accounts is apparently the single-greatest feat in recent Pens playoff history.

RememberRoger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Considering the players themselves said it was the turning point, I think I'll take their word for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Every player or just the ones that hate Carcillo?
Isn't that redundant?

Look, it's a cute argument and both sides can go back and forth for weeks. The fact is, the Robinson - Schultz fight changed the face and direction of the league. Good as it may have been, Talbot - Carcillo can't measure up to that.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote