HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bos / Tb ?

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Bos / Tb ?

I'm under the impression that Yzerman will want to trade off Lecavelier & or St.Louis & maybe build the franchise around Stamkos & Hedman (& whomever you draft this year). If so:

To BOS: St.Louis

To TB: Ryder, Colborne, TOR 2011 1st pick

??

Old
06-09-2010, 07:22 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I'm under the impression that Yzerman will want to trade off Lecavelier & or St.Louis & maybe build the franchise around Stamkos & Hedman (& whomever you draft this year). If so:

??
If MSL is traded to Boston before the season, it will be for the 2nd overall pick they have this year.

Old
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

??
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
If MSL is traded to Boston before the season, it will be for the 2nd overall pick they have this year.

Old
06-09-2010, 08:07 PM
19brichards91

If he doesn't ask for a trade, don't trade him. I know when the season ended he said he wants to be on a winning team and will wait and see how things shape up in the summer. So, I'm wondering, since the Lightning seem to be going in the right direction will Marty end up changing his mind and will want to at least start the season in Tampa?

Old
06-09-2010, 09:06 PM
WolfHound

Damn why would the bruins get an older player and get rid of their second overall pick. The deal does not make any sense for the bruins.

Old
06-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Staalguy

Quote:

??
I would do this(really... i know) if it is Wheeler instead of ryder........ we ger Colborone who is great, Wheeler who can play wing in the top 6, and if TOR tanks again we get a top 3 pick..... value is there, if TOR tanks, if not then it is not a good deal

that is why it is so hard to trade picks around even befor the season has started

Old
06-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHound View Post
Damn why would the bruins get an older player and get rid of their second overall pick. The deal does not make any sense for the bruins.
An older guy that's a top 10 scorer in the LEAGUE vs. a guy that hasn't even attempted to skate in the league? That makes even less sense.

Old
06-10-2010, 04:39 AM
garmonbozia

The Lightning cannot afford to move St. Louis. What he brings cannot be replaced.

Yzerman may see things differently. Marty himself may want/demand to be traded if he's not all in on another patient rebuild as its being touted. Another team may be able to offer entirely equitable returns in a trade, even returns that were favorably balanced toward the Lightning.

The Lightning will be a worse team the day Marty no longer plays for them. Should that day come any sooner than his retirement from the game, than it will be entirely too soon.

Colborne and Toronto's 1st is a totally reasonable starting point. Other parts and conditionals (re-signing dependant) negotiable. Not knocking the offer at all.

Would not trade Marty St. Louis. Would do everything I could to build a winner he could be proud to play for that his re-signing here next offseason is the easiest decision of his career. He might be the most movable and valuable asset Yzerman has as far as rebuilding goes. only a fool would trade him.

Old
06-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
As good as Marty is, no one's going to trade a top 3 pick for a 35 year old with only one year left on his contract.

Looks more like a deadline deal if the Lightning are out of it than a deal to be made before the season. I'd rather hang on to Marty to see if the team can make the playoffs. If they're out of it and Marty wants to go to a contender, that's good value.

Old
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
BRichards19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
If they're out of it and Marty wants to go to a contender, that's good value.
I'm perfectly fine with this too, as long as he re-signs with us in the following offseason. That's a win-win for both sides because Marty gets his legitimate chance at a second Cup and we get assets back for a player that wouldn't be much help to us.

BUT this is only in a case where we're cellar-dwelling for the top pick again; however, with the way we've gone about business so far this offseason, I doubt we will be in any position to trade MSL at the deadline.

Old
06-10-2010, 06:15 PM
CSampson

I think Marty is gonna love a french coach. They can speak their devil tongue together with Vinny and have a secret club. He won't be going anywhere.

Old
06-10-2010, 06:25 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
I think Marty is gonna love a french coach. They can speak their devil tongue together with Vinny and have a secret club. He won't be going anywhere.

Old
06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:

??
Yzerman MAYBE wants to build around Stamkos & Hedman??!?!? MAYBE?!!!!! Does Raggedy Ann have cotton *******? What an inclination!

Pardon my indignation, but seeing as you're only somewhat certain that Yzerman might actually be aware that a kid who scores 50 goals in his second season and a 6'6", 220lb, 18 year old rookie who averaged 20 minutes a night patrolling the blueline should be considered the nucleus of his team's future, I would love to know why you are so certain one of or both Lecavalier and St. Louis are on Yzerman's to-trade list. Do tell!

Last edited by nhljohnson: 06-10-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old
06-10-2010, 11:29 PM
19brichards91

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
Yzerman MAYBE wants to build around Stamkos & Hedman??!?!? MAYBE?!!!!! Does Raggedy Ann have cotton *******? What an inclination!

Pardon my indignation, but seeing as you're only somewhat certain that Yzerman might actually be aware that a kid who scores 50 goals in his second season and a 6'6", 220lb, 18 year old rookie who averaged 20 minutes a night patrolling the blueline should be considered the nucleus of his team's future, I would love to know why you are so certain one of or both Lecavalier and St. Louis are on Yzerman's to-trade list. Do tell!
Obviously the future is Stamkos and Hedman. What's Boucher's saying? The future is now (something along those lines)? It seems like Yzerman's intent is to keep both Lecavalier & St. Louis at least for the near future. There's a post in one of the other threads that says he will start negotiations w/ Marty & his agent. And today after the Boucher press conference, Yzerman got a couple questions in regards to Vinny and seemed to express his confidence in Vinny. It feels like Yzerman isn't moving these two UNLESS they ask to be and Tampa can get make a deal to get something valuable in return (duh).

Old
06-11-2010, 12:15 AM
TBLHoser

Apparently, something was discussed between Boucher and Yzerman in his interviews about St. Louis & Lecavalier staying with the Lightning as indicated by Boucher's response that he was looking forward to coaching both of them & Stamkos. Obviously nothing is written in stone if the right deal came along, but for right now, it appears we'll be seeing the same trio at training camp...

Old
06-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Rschmitz

I am glad that we don't live in a megalopolis that hangs on every word that a coach or GM says or doesn't say.

Old
06-11-2010, 02:54 AM
WolfHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
An older guy that's a top 10 scorer in the LEAGUE vs. a guy that hasn't even attempted to skate in the league? That makes even less sense.
But Boston is not going anywhere with them acquiring older players. I mean team seems pretty old, plus they lack a superstar. Marty is a great player but passing up on Senguin or Hall for a 35year old. Does not make sense.

Old
06-11-2010, 03:35 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHound View Post
But Boston is not going anywhere with them acquiring older players. I mean team seems pretty old, plus they lack a superstar. Marty is a great player but passing up on Senguin or Hall for a 35year old. Does not make sense.
Look at Philly. 2 straight years of losing to the Penguins in the playoffs and both times Pens goes to the cup finals, and win a cup the 2nd time. They're really close in their minds, so they moved their 1st round pick Sbisa along with their 2010 and 2011 1st round picks + a 3rd round pick and Lupul for 35 year old Pronger. That traded away their future and it got them to the cup finals and 2 wins away from the Stanley Cup. I'm sure they'd say it was well worth it.

Now Boston, hasn't won a cup since Booby Orr and Phil Esposito were playing. How desperate are they to bring back a cup? A year ago they had Jack Adams, Vezina, and Norris winners and didn't even make it to the 3rd round. Are they in win now mode? Do they think they are only a piece away from a cup? If they think now is the best possibly chance they might have in a long time to win it all, then maybe they might make a move like Philly and trade the 2nd overall pick.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-11-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old
06-11-2010, 08:28 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:

Old
06-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Oates2Neely

What is Tampas salary cap situation? Do they have enough capspace to say add a quality starting goaltender w/out dumping salary?

FYI: There's only 1 player on TB that we'd take in exchange for the #2 overall this yr. St.Louis isn't him.

Old
06-11-2010, 04:34 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
What is Tampas salary cap situation? Do they have enough capspace to say add a quality starting goaltender w/out dumping salary?

FYI: There's only 1 player on TB that we'd take in exchange for the #2 overall this yr. St.Louis isn't him.
He'd probably have to be 3.5m or under and we'd have to put some kids on ELCs on the bottom six, i'd think, assuming we want wiggle room if we want to pick up a piece at the deadline.

Old
06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
He'd probably have to be 3.5m or under and we'd have to put some kids on ELCs on the bottom six, i'd think, assuming we want wiggle room if we want to pick up a piece at the deadline.
That may be tight, it'll be very interesting to see what Yzerman does with this roster. Imo, he'd be better served trading one of Lecavalier or St.Louis, gain some cap space & some assets. Either way, they should make the playoffs if Yzerman can fit a goalie under the cap.

Old
06-11-2010, 05:15 PM
BoltSTH

If trade Malone for Halak then there is no issue with the Cap. Ashton can fill Malone's sport on VL's line.

Old
06-11-2010, 06:46 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
If trade Malone for Halak then there is no issue with the Cap. Ashton can fill Malone's sport on VL's line.
Why does everyone just assume a teenager is just going to fit right in on his line? I don't get this line of thinking, he was moved to a team that he should have excelled on in the WHL and still struggled to produce, yet hes a shoe-in on Lecavaliers line.

Old
06-11-2010, 06:50 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
That may be tight, it'll be very interesting to see what Yzerman does with this roster. Imo, he'd be better served trading one of Lecavalier or St.Louis, gain some cap space & some assets. Either way, they should make the playoffs if Yzerman can fit a goalie under the cap.
Actually I was wrong, we can open up a little more than that, I jumbled up my numbers in calculator while looking at nhlnumbers.

We only have half a team signed right now, if we can shake Walkers salary that'll help us immensely. Who needs a slow sturdy defenseman that can fight and block shots?

I'd hazard a guess we could spend up to 4m on a winger but I honestly don't think it'll happen - they're more inclined to hand the battle to Harju and Purcell, i'd think.

Closed Thread