HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Upshall Re-signed

Old
06-09-2010, 10:46 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

vCash: 500
Hopefully they will still extend it after the owners are in place and hopefully that happens before the season starts.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:17 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Last one was 1.5 if I recall. And before that he was getting about 1.2, I believe.
That's correct. And in even bigger news today we re-signed Hollweg to a 1-year two-way deal for $500K.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Great. There's our Lombardi replacement. Reading that "they can go wherever" comment from Maloney has me seriously considering throwing in the towel on this franchise. I know it seems trivial compared to much of the other **** I've had to eat, and I know the timing is crazy after last season's run, and the fate of the franchise still up in the air. I know that. Still this might be the last straw. The flea turd that broke this camel's back. I mean...REALLY...when can we expect the end to the constant sodomy of our fandom? And I don't even want to imagine what is next.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2010, 11:36 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Great. There's our Lombardi replacement. Reading that "they can go wherever" comment from Maloney has me seriously considering throwing in the towel on this franchise. I know it seems trivial compared to much of the other **** I've had to eat, and I know the timing is crazy after last season's run, and the fate of the franchise still up in the air. I know that. Still this might be the last straw. The flea turd that broke this camel's back. I mean...REALLY...when can we expect the end to the constant sodomy of our fandom? And I don't even want to imagine what is next.
how many beers tonight rt? Don't be too presumptuous. Have faith in Donny. Had this been any other GM for the past 20 years I would share your sentiment. We need that top line centre, donny obviously knows that. I have faith

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:49 AM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
how many beers tonight rt? Don't be too presumptuous. Have faith in Donny. Had this been any other GM for the past 20 years I would share your sentiment. We need that top line centre, donny obviously knows that. I have faith
Exactly. I mean wtf rt? what is your problem. He is looking at reality here. He is on a strict budget and that probably means, Lombardi, wolksi, and Michaelk all cannot be re-signed unless all are willing to take a discount to stay and wait for the ownership situation to clear up so they can get paid. Face facts here man Maloney is doing the best damn job he can. He didnt win General Manger of the year for nothing.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:55 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

MALONEY, MOSS FIELD QUESTIONS FROM MEDIA

Maloney said he thinks some of the better young prospects in the team’s system will play for the Coyotes next season. He specifically mentioned Kyle Turris, Maxim Goncharov and Oliver Ekman-Larsson. (I like this!)

• Maloney said the team would like to re-sign soon-to-be unrestricted free agents Adrian Aucoin, Matthew Lombardi, Zbynek Michalek, Derek Morris, Taylor Pyatt and Lee Stempniak.

“(Some of them) are well-positioned in the marketplace to be free in a month, and they can go anywhere they like, but… I'm somewhat optimistic we'll be able to sign the players that we need to sign, and if not then we'll find the right players who want to stay and play for us.”

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=531347

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 07:46 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
MALONEY, MOSS FIELD QUESTIONS FROM MEDIA

Maloney said he thinks some of the better young prospects in the team’s system will play for the Coyotes next season. He specifically mentioned Kyle Turris, Maxim Goncharov and Oliver Ekman-Larsson. (I like this!)

• Maloney said the team would like to re-sign soon-to-be unrestricted free agents Adrian Aucoin, Matthew Lombardi, Zbynek Michalek, Derek Morris, Taylor Pyatt and Lee Stempniak.

“(Some of them) are well-positioned in the marketplace to be free in a month, and they can go anywhere they like, but… I'm somewhat optimistic we'll be able to sign the players that we need to sign, and if not then we'll find the right players who want to stay and play for us.”

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=531347
Read this, rt. The team won't be re-signing Schneider or Lang, and the budget is increased for next season--not enough to be players in the free agent market obviously, but maybe enough to sign Lombo, Aucoin and Morris. I think it'd be foolish of them to sign up now when they could test the market in a couple weeks. It'll take a Seidenberg long-term type signing to get them to forgo their UFA status at this point, but if they find there are no better offers at that time we may luck out. None of them are considered the premiere UFA option at their respective position.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 07:55 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
Exactly. I mean wtf rt? what is your problem. He is looking at reality here. He is on a strict budget and that probably means, Lombardi, wolksi, and Michaelk all cannot be re-signed unless all are willing to take a discount to stay and wait for the ownership situation to clear up so they can get paid. Face facts here man Maloney is doing the best damn job he can. He didnt win General Manger of the year for nothing.
I am not at all *****ing about Maloney. My gripe is this ******** situation having been dragged out this long by ******* politicians.

Old
06-10-2010, 08:01 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Quote:
I am not at all *****ing about Maloney. My gripe is this ******** situation having been dragged out this long by ******* politicians.
The COG council needs some young blood. They seem utterly clueless as a whole, but it's a complicated situation made worse by all the media hoopla in Canada and throughout the SC playoffs.

Last edited by wpgyotes: 06-10-2010 at 08:06 AM.
wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 08:09 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Read this, rt. The team won't be re-signing Schneider or Lang, and the budget is increased for next season--not enough to be players in the free agent market obviously, but maybe enough to sign Lombo, Aucoin and Morris. I think it'd be foolish of them to sign up now when they could test the market in a couple weeks. It'll take a Seidenberg long-term type signing to get them to forgo their UFA status at this point, but if they find there are no better offers at that time we may luck out. None of them are considered the premiere UFA option at their respective position.
My guess is that Maloney is speaking code. I think what he's saying is that we can sign the guys who will take one or two year deals. Those are the ones that "want to be here". It feels like spin to me. Who will take a one year deal? Morris? Probably. Aucoin? I would guess so. Stempniak? He'd be stupid not to. Wolski? Arbitrators usually award short deals, anyhow. Perhaps an offer sheet is a worry, here? How about Lombardi or Michalek? Not a ****ing chance. If we are planning on replacing those two with rookies, we can just toss our playoff hopes out the window and wait for our top ten pick. Hey, at least Maloney might be able to grab Gabriel Landeskog. Ugh.

Old
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
The COG council needs some young blood. They seem utterly clueless as a whole, but it's a complicated situation made worse by all the media hoopla in Canada and throughout the SC playoffs.
NOT to get OT, but politicians have different agendas than from fans here. Granted they botched this thing at several junctures. However from day 1 the City had been backed into a corner with little leverage in negotiations, the last 6 mo has been about an attempt to regain some leverage with the league and perspective buyers. Now granted they shot themselves in the foot when they didn't keep both parties at the negotiation table back in early April so who the___ knows.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM
60DegreesIsCold

Great news! It sucks that he'll go UFA next year, but it probably had to be a one-year deal. He understandably wants more money, but you can't really give it to him without knowing what he'll be like after the injury. Both sides are compromising.

60DegreesIsCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
My guess is that Maloney is speaking code. I think what he's saying is that we can sign the guys who will take one or two year deals. Those are the ones that "want to be here". It feels like spin to me. Who will take a one year deal? Morris? Probably. Aucoin? I would guess so. Stempniak? He'd be stupid not to. Wolski? Arbitrators usually award short deals, anyhow. Perhaps an offer sheet is a worry, here? How about Lombardi or Michalek? Not a ****ing chance. If we are planning on replacing those two with rookies, we can just toss our playoff hopes out the window and wait for our top ten pick. Hey, at least Maloney might be able to grab Gabriel Landeskog. Ugh.
I don't see any code speak in the way DM speaks. He's usually very frank and forthcoming. Barnett was the one who was all smoke and mirrors, playing things close to the vest like he was hiding gold somewhere.

All Maloney's said was that since Lombardi and Z are UFAs, they're allowed to go anywhere. Is this news? Hasn't it been like that? He did say they'd like to stay. Only thing that's missing is him saying negotiations were ongoing with those guys. But you can understand why they'd put that off till July 1st. They've probably already received a hard offer from Phoenix, and now just want the rest of the field to join in on the bidding. Who can blame them?

I know this whole hullabaloo with the franchise can hinder our expenses on players, but UFAs are generally considered a luxury. And it's only truely dangerous to the franchise, IMO, if it hinders our ability with out RFAs. Then we have a major problem.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote