HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal Gazette: Buffalo, Columbus, Anaheim & NJ seriously interested in Kaberle

Old
06-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
As a hockey fan, I hope Filatov does return to CLB. His departure was not very big news, why did he leave to the KHL?
short answer:
Hitchcock didn't like him. He didn't like Hitchcock.

Long answer:
He got no playing time. Would make a mistake and get benched. He would do well and get benched. Had a hat trick in his first season, and got 4 minutes the next night.

The fault doesn't only lay with Hitchcock however. Filatov had issues with the Russian coach in the U-20 tourney, and was stripped of the captaincy. He even had issues with a dfferent Russian coach his draft year before he came over.

It's a trend with him, one he needs to fix, but at the same time, one he needs the right coach to be willing to work with him and fix it. Many Jackets fans now believe we have that with Scott Arniel.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Selanne00008

I also agree it doesnt make sense for a team in Columbus position to give up the 4th overall for TK.

Sabres seem reasonable. But what would it take? And, could the Sabres really re-sign TK? How much would he command?

I dont know how reasonable it is to add a conidtional draft pick if TK resigns. Whens the last time a marquee player was traded with this added to the deal? I fee like that is rare.

If we could re-sign him I would be all for a deal revolving around a Sabres 1st rounder, Stafford, Pominville, or even Roy. I would prefer to center it around Pominville.

Pominville and a 1st? Its only a one year contract. And knowing the Sabres and how much TK could probly command, idk if he would re up.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 09:21 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgoldfish View Post
I would rather have one or two good quality players instead of a bunch of 3rd or 4th liners.

Maybe a first rounder and a good prospect. These guys are all crap.
Roy, Connolly and Pomminville have all been PPG players, or there about, and not just for one breakout season. You must be one of the guys thinking that Kaberle is actually worth Bobby Ryan straight up....a solid, young, power forward for a 32 year old that has been in hockey purgatory for the last 5 years, which means we really don't know how he'd play for a winning team! I WANT him on the Sabres because he fills a very glaring need on the Sabres but some of you Toronto fans think he is the second coming of Christ. He has not made TO a much better team, you still stink. Why do you think he has been the one guy Burke has tried over and over to trade?

I will not get into knocking Kaberle but he is an unknown right now....what does that mean????....is he a winner? Will he put his heart and soul into a championship run????? I mean, everything out of his mouth is that he wants to stay in Toronto, no get me out of here so I can play for a winning team!!!!!....So what will his new team get??????

Last edited by Doctor No: 06-10-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Flaming
SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
TMLrBest

Any two of those three plus a 1st gets you Kabs and Grabs. Kaberle is an elite PMD in his prime. He and Kessel are so underrated on this board.

TMLrBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorhtPortFL View Post
Roy, Connolly and Pomminville have all been PPG players, or there about, and not just for one breakout season. You must be one of the guys thinking that Kaberle is actually worth Bobby Ryan straight up....a solid, young, power forward for a 32 year old that has been in hockey purgatory for the last 5 years, which means we really don't know how he'd play for a winning team! I WANT him on the Sabres because he fills a very glaring need on the Sabres but some of you Toronto fans think he is the second coming of Christ. He has not made TO a much better team, you still stink. Why do you think he has been the one guy Burke has tried over and over to trade?

I will not get into knocking Kaberle but he is an unknown right now....what does that mean????....is he a winner? Will he put his heart and soul into a championship run????? I mean, everything out of his mouth is that he wants to stay in Toronto, no get me out of here so I can play for a winning team!!!!!....So what will his new team get??????
Pominville hasn't been a 'ppg' player in fact he's been around a 'ppg' once in his career in 2007-08 - his breakout season, and I believe that's when he got the contract he has now (coming off that season).

06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs38 View Post
Well your not the GM of Columbus so we have nothing to worry about.
Can you actually refute anything that I said, or are you going to simply resort to posts like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I could see a deal centering around Kaberle and the 4th overall pick. Howsen needs to make the playoffs this year.
Won't happen, and not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I think he goes to Columbus for the #4 pick and a roster player. Columbus has been around for a few years and has never really had an impact defenseman.
Won't happen, and although true, the way to get an impact defenseman doesn't involve trading a top-five pick (with a pick of any of three probable first-pairing defensemen) for one who's 32 and has one year left on his deal.

Quote:
Was there any mention from Howson about the status of Filatov? Are he and CLB's talking? Has he demanded a trade?
Filatov is planning on coming back, there's no talking that needs to be done, he hasn't demanded a trade, and there's a 50:50 shot that he ends up being traded. This is a seismic shift from March, when it was more like a 90:10 shot that he'd be traded.

Quote:
As a hockey fan, I hope Filatov does return to CLB. His departure was not very big news, why did he leave to the KHL?
It was a loan arrangement. Filatov needed the playing time, and Columbus didn't need the distraction. It's no coincidence that as Filatov started complaining louder about his role that the team went into a tailspin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLrBest View Post
Any two of those three plus a 1st gets you Kabs and Grabs. Kaberle is an elite PMD in his prime. He and Kessel are so underrated on this board.
Kaberle is past his prime, and his skillset is not unique to the league. He's a more prominent version of Tobias Enstrom, except he's older, higher-paid, and has one year left on his deal before UFA status hits.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:27 AM
BeautyDuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
Kaberle is past his prime, and his skillset is not unique to the league. He's a more prominent version of Tobias Enstrom, except he's older, higher-paid, and has one year left on his deal before UFA status hits.
He may be past his "prime", looking at other defensemen with his skill set, as you said, he should still have a lot of serviceable years left in him. He's been pretty durable with the Leafs, aside from a concussion two years ago. Look at Gonchar, Rafalski, Lidstrom, Niedermayer. Whilst the last two obviously have a vastly more complete game compared to Kaberle, the point i'm trying to make is that they've all been able to contribute late into their 30's (winning cups past their prime dare I say?). I see no reason Kaberle won't be able to do the same.

His contract is cap friendly. Next.

Again, the 1 year left crap. Yes Leaf fans know this... you think our GM doesn't know Kaberle has more value with an extension? Bet on him coming with an extension, purely for the sake of maximizing value for both teams. Our GM's (for the most part *cough* Sutter *cough*) are smarter than most of us here. Bank on it.

BeautyDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM
hdtrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
to tor - ryan , lupul

to ducks - {with extension} kaberle , stalberg , didomenico , kulemin
Stop giving Leaf fans a bad rep with your awful trade scenarios.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

I could see a Kaberle to Buffalo package revolving around Stafford. He's underachieved, but has the size/skill combination Burke covets.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
fedron

You could add San Jose in the mix also... just heard that Rob Blake will announce his retirement in the next few days.

fedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
KingsCourt

leaf fans...ryan will not be included in a kabby trade, he is part of their core players, a 32 year old player with one left on his contract is NOT the formula, and adding kulemin does not even it out.

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyDuster View Post
Again, the 1 year left crap. Yes Leaf fans know this... you think our GM doesn't know Kaberle has more value with an extension? Bet on him coming with an extension, purely for the sake of maximizing value for both teams. Our GM's (for the most part *cough* Sutter *cough*) are smarter than most of us here. Bank on it.
That would depend on what Kaberle wants seeing as he owes nothing to the team trading for him.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorhtPortFL View Post
Roy, Connolly and Pomminville have all been PPG players, or there about, and not just for one breakout season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Pominville hasn't been a 'ppg' player in fact he's been around a 'ppg' once in his career in 2007-08 - his breakout season, and I believe that's when he got the contract he has now (coming off that season).
As I said..."or there about."

Pomminville has 306 points in 386 career games....a .80 PPG pace, not "crap." Add his very good 2 way game and he's a very decent player in this league.

Sorry, I was just erked that the other guy ripped everyone.....

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThorne View Post
One thing many, many, MANY Leaf fans ignore is that Kaberle has just one year left. That will NOT help your trade value at all. Unless an extension is pre-approved by Kaberle, you're not getting a lot for him. Sorry but that's just the way it works.
It wont, but at least that team will have a full year to negotiate. Its not like someones just trading for his rights or anything.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
RogerRoeper*

Good. The more teams, the better the return.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
I think Tomas Kaberle would be very happy re-signing in Buffalo should he be traded there. It's close to his old home, so not much of a change for him and his family, he stays in the Eastern Conference, and he plays in another hockey-mad city with great fans.

Yzlamic Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

For several years Leafs fans have dreamed about getting a 1st, a roster player and a prospect for Kaberle. I think at the deadline one year ago, Burke might have been able to get at best a late 1st and a prospect, but he didn't want that. Remember all the posts where people believed Kaberle, Antropov, Moore etc. wold net the Leafs FOUR 1st round picks in the '09 draft?

Today, I'd guess Burkie might get a 2nd round pick and a prospect for Kaberle, maybe an additional 2011 2nd if he re-signs.

That said, Columbus would likely offer Buffalo's 2nd round pick and Sestito plus that conditional 2nd rounder. If Burke doesn't want a package like that from someone, well... I guess Leafs fans will have one more year to dream about the bounty Kaberle will bring.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:17 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Tocchet View Post
I think Tomas Kaberle would be very happy re-signing in Buffalo should he be traded there. It's close to his old home, so not much of a change for him and his family, he stays in the Eastern Conference, and he plays in another hockey-mad city with great fans.
he'd probably just continue to live in TO, Buffalo is what, 2 hours away? Hell, with the money he makes he could just take a commuter jet there every day

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
For several years Leafs fans have dreamed about getting a 1st, a roster player and a prospect for Kaberle. I think at the deadline one year ago, Burke might have been able to get at best a late 1st and a prospect, but he didn't want that. Remember all the posts where people believed Kaberle, Antropov, Moore etc. wold net the Leafs FOUR 1st round picks in the '09 draft?

Today, I'd guess Burkie might get a 2nd round pick and a prospect for Kaberle, maybe an additional 2011 2nd if he re-signs.

That said, Columbus would likely offer Buffalo's 2nd round pick and Sestito plus that conditional 2nd rounder. If Burke doesn't want a package like that from someone, well... I guess Leafs fans will have one more year to dream about the bounty Kaberle will bring.
nobody thought Moore was worth a 1st, don't be dumb.

As for what he'd get... take a look at what Campbell got when he was traded with a couple of months left... a 1st and a player who, at the time, was very highly regarded. That was Campbell with two months left. We're talking Kaberle with a full year left. Kaberle will get at least that.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourettesGuy View Post
And the sky is blue.

But in all seriousness, if Burke was smart, he would keep far away from Joffrey Lupul, far, far, away.
I think he will so don't worry about it.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:21 PM
AlMo

Quote:

This post is "epic failure"

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
leafmon

[QUOTE=leek;26230680] Remember all the posts where people believed Kaberle, Antropov, Moore etc. wold net the Leafs FOUR 1st round picks in the '09 draft?

Ah , No I don't.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
We'll go the balls route thank you very much.

Columbus is looking to build with youth. It seemed to work pretty well for Chicago. Why would we give up on youth for 1 year of a player. Granted, that player is very good. But Columbus isn't going to be competing for the cup next year, so giving up a good young prospect, for a 1 year rental of somebody isn't really going to help things too much.
You mean the team that signed the veterans Hossa, Madden, Campbell, Huet, and Sopel?

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:

Just thought id bring this to your attention

traded dealine 2010

To Washington:
D JOE CORVO

To Carolina:
D BRIAN POTHIER
F OSKAR OSALA
2011 2ND ROUND PICK

Are you trying to tell me 1 year of kabs will net less than 20 games of corvo?

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
bringthecuphome

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Lupul, Ryan and 12th overall for Kaberle
Toronto doesnt do it.

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote