HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Stanley Cup Finals - Game 6: Blackhawks @ Flyers - June 9, 2010 - Part 2

Old
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Savard's, because Kane's was reasonable. Still gay, but he won the Stanley Cup. Marc Savard won the first game in the second round.
Well, circumstances aside we have:

1) A guy screaming and slamming his stick and looking like a 9 year old throwing a tantrum

and

2) A jackass with crappy hair and an annoying face skating and galloping the length of the ice by himself like a dope.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Well, circumstances aside we have:

1) A guy screaming and slamming his stick and looking like a 9 year old throwing a tantrum

and

2) A jackass with crappy hair and an annoying face skating and galloping the length of the ice by himself like a dope.
So when Carcillo scored the OT winner, I take it that was stupid because he has a gnarly mustache and was running around in 8 different directions looking like he never scored a goal in his life.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Hollywood Couturier

So you guys have never celebrated scoring a big goal or other such examples in sports? I know I have and I don't care if I look dumb in the process

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
So you guys have never celebrated scoring a big goal or other such examples in sports? I know I have and I don't care if I look dumb in the process
I can't stand Patty Kane, but I don't blame him one bit. He just scored the goal that won the Hawks the Cup. If that had been the Flyers scoring the goal to win the Cup, I'm pretty sure I'd look like an absolute idiot in my house - nevermind on the ice.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieHexBergEry View Post
(...) Didn't finish the job, but we sure did hang in there. I didnt expect much after getting in the PO's on a shutout goal. I'm always optimistic, but really....most of us have to admit that we thought the Pens or Washington would be the team to make the finals. (...)
In other words, you have to thank the Habs thrice over (the third one for not having anything left in the tank when they met you).

beauchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Savard's, because Kane's was reasonable. Still gay, but he won the Stanley Cup. Marc Savard won the first game in the second round.
You must be (or will be) a tough dad/mom. Put it back in context, as Go Kim Johnsson 514 did. Very memorable for someone coming back from an almost career-ending injury.

beauchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Game is on again on CSN even though most people won't wanna watch.

Old
06-10-2010, 02:17 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Something to keep in mind is that we lost to a team that literally had a 1 year window because they had so many talented players, admittedly some dumb contracts, but still, a team that stacked can't stay together long.

This was there year to do it and hell, we gave them a heckuva fight and would have won with good goaltending, but teams that talented aren't going to appear very frequently in the cap era.

They basically had Kane-Toews, Hossa-Sharp, and Bolland-Versteeg anchoring their top 3 lines plus pieces like Madden, Brouwer, Ladd, and Byfuglien. That's just ridiculous.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
You must be (or will be) a tough dad/mom. Put it back in context, as Go Kim Johnsson 514 did. Very memorable for someone coming back from an almost career-ending injury.
I'm aware of the context, I'm just partial to Kane's celebration. Savard really made himself look like a ***** in the rest of that series. I get his reaction and how it was incredible even being back and in that situation, but it was all for him. Patrick Kane just celebrated for a whole fan base, and was the only one who initially knew.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Here are some pictures that I took last night:

Old
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Well, the thread got locked, but I wanted to mention this. I'm REALLY REALLY impressed with the fans in attendance last night. The "Lets Go Flyers" chant.. after the loss... was the greatest. I got chills. I don't know if I could've mustered the same, but I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a Flyers fan after hearing that.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
So when Carcillo scored the OT winner, I take it that was stupid because he has a gnarly mustache and was running around in 8 different directions looking like he never scored a goal in his life.
But he's on our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I can't stand Patty Kane, but I don't blame him one bit. He just scored the goal that won the Hawks the Cup. If that had been the Flyers scoring the goal to win the Cup, I'm pretty sure I'd look like an absolute idiot in my house - nevermind on the ice.
Lighten up, guys! I'm picking on them because I don't like them, and they looked retarded. Of course they can do whatever they want and deserve to do whatever they want because they scored some big goals. Doesn't mean we can't poke at them

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Well, the thread got locked, but I wanted to mention this. I'm REALLY REALLY impressed with the fans in attendance last night. The "Lets Go Flyers" chant.. after the loss... was the greatest. I got chills. I don't know if I could've mustered the same, but I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a Flyers fan after hearing that.
I got chills watching it too. I rewatched the agony of the loss just to hear it a second time.

Awesome.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 08:40 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
I was sure there was no way the Flyers could not win the cup this series after all they had been through... and I really thought we would at least take game 6.

But... what a hell of a year. I cannot wait till october to watch them play again, next year... the cup comes to philly!

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote