Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

RUS team for WC 2004 intrigues!

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Hockeycritic

vCash: 500
RUS team for WC 2004 intrigues!

Russia still having big tumoil at its own land with national team and it's staff. Tikhonov was fired by his own will as a coach of CSKA Moscow but kept position in the organization as adviser for coaching staff and got honoured man recpect with CSKA organization. Now after terrible failure at 2004 WSC in Prague Tikhonov still claiming that he is apponted as RUSNAT head coach for 3 years including World Cup and Olympics. Noone ever seen his official contract with RUS Ice Hockey Federation. President of Russian Hockey Federation Mr Steblin Alexander is keeping silence about everything. Slava Fetisov after reformation of our new government with Putin after coming into power for second period for 4 years isn't anymore minister of sports but still big influential BOSS in the goverment. His official job is now called 'governor of Russian Federal Sports and Tourism agency'. Sergey Makarov is his assistant. Unfortunately Slava Fetisov lost some political influence in Russia for the last 2 years. We had big cut of ministers' position in the government and then bureucrats in the State Duma <same as Parliament> which is good for our state.

About GM for Russia'a World Cup team things are very mixed-up. In April Steblin declared unofficially at Bure's 33rd anniversary's party in elite night club that he did proposal for Bure Pavel to take GM's position for World Cup. Pavel has taken time to think over everything and still no decision declared yet. Problem that Pavel is political figure in Russia now and has been offically appointed 1 year ago with old givernment as assistant for Minister of Foreign Affaires Mr.Ivanov. Pavel responsible for Russia's junior sports department. He made couple trips abroad with former minister to Hungary as official govenmental representative. After appointment of new Russian Minister of Foreign Affaires in ministers' cabinet I don't know if Bure kept his job or not. Nothing in given in Russian press.

Yesterday May 16, 2004 Fetisov Slava gave interview to leading Moscow radio station Echo of Moscow that he expects Larionov Igor <my opinion: no chance because Igor offically refused couple months ago to do everything on the spure of the moment after negotiating with Rus Hockey Federation willing to take job several months ahead to organize everything in proper order>, Nemchinov Sergey <no chance because he signed one more year contract for 04/05 season with Yaroslavl and going to prolonge his hockey career in Superleague. Our Championships starts September 1, 2004>, Bykov Vyacheslav <recently appointed as head coach with CSKA Moscow and known as legendary man with second line Kamensky-Bykov-Khomutov line of Red Machine> and Belousov Valery <head coach with 03/04 Champion of Russia with Omsk and assistant for Tikhonov at 2004 WSC in Prague. My opinion is that he is good coach but job with NHLers is quite special thing with different psychology and everything...> to take GM job for World Cup. Just 4 candidates Larionov, Nemchinov, Bykov and Belousov. One more important thing that legendary Soviet Defenseman Vasilyev Valery offered his help to RUS national team through leading sporting newspaper but still no official response from officials of Hockey Federation. Vasilyev is in very good friendly relations with many NHLer outcomers from Dynamo Moscow organization like Zhamnov <married to his daughter>, Yashin, Korolev Igor etc. Valery ready to work as NA GM because spends lot of time at home of Zhamnov if not then he could be helpful to defensive corpus as coach for them. Nobody of Federation contacted to him yet... STUPID!

Hockeycritic

Old
05-17-2004, 06:25 PM
wilka91*

It has been already said in the WOrld Cup forum

And by the way Pavel Bure declared that he refused to be Russia's GM (in Sovetsky Sport), and Tikhonov's contract is for 3 years, it was officialized by Slava Fetisov (that's what he said at Gazeta.RU)

man, you're a week late!

Old
05-17-2004, 09:53 PM
MOGiLNY

Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
Bure as a team Russia GM? I would throw up if that happened.. Don't like that guy one bit. Larionov on the other hand is probably my top choice right now. He seems like the smartest of the bunch and has the most respect from the NHLers.

I'd also like to bring back Fetisov and Tretyak behind the bench if Tikhonov is a no go.

Old
05-18-2004, 01:36 AM
Hockeycritic

Yes, I'm week late for MAN by nickname Wilka91 but if you read the whole messase but didn't extract from it just one fact about Bure then you could find there indication of late date which was April and not bother about it that much in the middle of March.

Respect,
Hockeycritic

Old
05-18-2004, 03:52 PM
MOGiLNY

Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
DOn't worry about wilka, hockeycritic, your post was a great read.

Old
05-18-2004, 04:10 PM
wilka91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGiLNY
DOn't worry about wilka, hockeycritic, your post was a great read.
It was a great read, I never said otherwise. I just said that some of those things were already solved, like Pavel's refusal to become the GM for the World Cup.

By the way I updated my topics in the World Cup Forum, there's Pavel Bure's interview, and here's an exerpt :

Quote:
Bure also mentionned that Bob Goodenow called him not long ago ... quote : "Pavel, what's going on with Russian hockey? You have to name a roster, there's almost no time left." Pavel answered he has no answer to that, but according to him the situation is not right.
And Tikhonov also declared his 26-man list is ready.

Old
05-18-2004, 06:58 PM
paul99

Hockeycritic, we did appreciate your post. All of us do not have always all the time to surf on every boards. So, if we wantto hear about russian news on HF boards, that is the place we visit.

Let share again with us in the future what is going on in Russia.

Closed Thread