HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolik projections for 2010-2011

Old
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
elTIGREblanc

vCash: 500
Frolik projections for 2010-2011

I hear all sorts of good things about this kid but I havent seen him play much...

Is Frolik the real deal? Will he one day take a leadership role as the go to guy for offense on this team who could get 80 points?

What should his role be this season and how many points should he get to make you happy?

elTIGREblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 09:42 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTIGREblanc View Post
I hear all sorts of good things about this kid but I havent seen him play much...

Is Frolik the real deal? Will he one day take a leadership role as the go to guy for offense on this team who could get 80 points?

What should his role be this season and how many points should he get to make you happy?
Maybe not a leaderrole like in a captain way, but he could produce some nice points upfront. He said after the season that he was hoping to have the same impact as Stamkos, and he said he would workout very hard this summer to get where he wants to be the next season.

AwesomePanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
200 points!

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Montsy14

I think he'll be around 25 goals and 30 assists. Depends who his center will be (Weiss or hopefully someone we bring in).

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Hip to be Square

Impossible to predict because we have no clue what the team will look like. Make the thread after Tallon's moves are all finished.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
I think he'll be around 25 goals and 30 assists. Depends who his center will be (Weiss or hopefully someone we bring in).
Weiss/Matthias will be our 1 and 2 down the middle

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Haj
#CatsAreComing

75 goals, 120 assists

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I dont think Matthias will be our second line center next season. I think the 3rd line, at best, will be his spot.

As for Frolik, Im thinking around 60-65 points, if he can stay healthy. He obviously isnt a Ovie/Crosby player, but he has a lot of skill, and I think he eventually turns into a high 70s/low 80s player for us.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Pukboy5kroner

After his comments about what Stamkos did last year in relation to how he himself finished the season, I expect Frolik to come into next season ready to turn it up a level. I'm hoping for at least 30 goals.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
As for Frolik, Im thinking around 60-65 points, if he can stay healthy. He obviously isnt a Ovie/Crosby player, but he has a lot of skill, and I think he eventually turns into a high 70s/low 80s player for us.
That's about what I'm hoping for out of him this season. I know he had a bit of a sophomore slump last season an didn't build from his rookie season at all, but this will be a big year from him. He can either break out and exceed his expected potential or have a setback. I think he definitely some good talent that could turn him into a 75-80 point per season player eventually, but no definitely not the super elite 100+ points level.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
25/25

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
phil725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
25/25
This is conservative and understandable. But honestly if he does not hit higer than these totals it will be a shame because after two 21 goal seasons and 2 years of experience under his belt, he should get up to 30.....

It's like going to the gym and immediately lifting 150 lbs and never moving to 200lbs.

phil725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil725 View Post
This is conservative and understandable. But honestly if he does not hit higer than these totals it will be a shame because after two 21 goal seasons and 2 years of experience under his belt, he should get up to 30.....

It's like going to the gym and immediately lifting 150 lbs and never moving to 200lbs.
I wouldn't be surprised if he scored slightly less than 25/25, to be quite honest. Weiss is our only center that can both bury and dish the puck. If he's going to be on a line with Horton and Booth most of the time, Frolik is going to struggle scoring. I realize that for the past few years this board has considered Matthias to be the second coming, but hopefully we will all remove his member from our collective mouths once it's realized that he's a second line center at best. The bottom line is that if we don't get another scoring center soon, we're going to continue struggling offensively.

Also, we're the Panthers. Our prospects are notorious for never reaching their potential, and for having long and arduous growing pains.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he scored slightly less than 25/25, to be quite honest. Weiss is our only center that can both bury and dish the puck. If he's going to be on a line with Horton and Booth most of the time, Frolik is going to struggle scoring. I realize that for the past few years this board has considered Matthias to be the second coming, but hopefully we will all remove his member from our collective mouths once it's realized that he's a second line center at best. The bottom line is that if we don't get another scoring center soon, we're going to continue struggling offensively.

Also, we're the Panthers. Our prospects are notorious for never reaching their potential, and for having long and arduous growing pains.
Agreed. Booth is the only one to exceed his potential, but he did that all on heart and determination and no offense to Frolik, but he's going to have to do it on skill and most likely he's going to have the same long growing pain that Panther prospects always have.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 10:51 PM
305Pantera

Frolik has a great skill set, but much like Horton he has been guilty of slacking. PDB did temporarily boost his production after lighting a fire under his A$* and threatening to send him down to the Americans. One thing I really do like about him is his durability! Unlike Olesz he's managed to play almost every game in the both seasons he's been with the club. Remember that dirty elbow from Mike Green? He got suspended for about 3 games. Frolik got right up after taking an elbow to the face. I really believe he'll break out this season, as a lock on the second line. If we could get a real first line center, he and Weiss would make for a great 2nd line. Matthias is 3rd line Center at best, don't get me wrong i'm a big fan, but lets be real and see how he does traveling with the team for an entire season. Of course we probably wont get a #1 Center, but that's for another post .

PS, This is my first post! Been a frequent reader for a while. Pleasure to make your acquaintance folks!

305Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 01:50 AM
phil725

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
Frolik has a great skill set, but much like Horton he has been guilty of slacking. PDB did temporarily boost his production after lighting a fire under his A$* and threatening to send him down to the Americans. One thing I really do like about him is his durability! Unlike Olesz he's managed to play almost every game in the both seasons he's been with the club. Remember that dirty elbow from Mike Green? He got suspended for about 3 games. Frolik got right up after taking an elbow to the face. I really believe he'll break out this season, as a lock on the second line. If we could get a real first line center, he and Weiss would make for a great 2nd line. Matthias is 3rd line Center at best, don't get me wrong i'm a big fan, but lets be real and see how he does traveling with the team for an entire season. Of course we probably wont get a #1 Center, but that's for another post .

PS, This is my first post! Been a frequent reader for a while. Pleasure to make your acquaintance folks!
I think Horton and Weiss really have a great chemistry but truth fully i 'd like to have our top two lines look as such

Frolik-?-Horton
Booth-Weiss-?

Old
06-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Saevel

Frolik can absolutely be a 70-point player if he gets regular power play time and decent line mates.

Saevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 10:41 AM
305Pantera

Quote:
I think Horton and Weiss really have a great chemistry but truth fully i 'd like to have our top two lines look as such

Frolik-?-Horton
Booth-Weiss-?
Eh, maybe for the first part of the season. But, IMO, once Booth gets back into form, I feel he'll give Frolik some real competition for a line on that top line. We really need to find a top Center! I love Weiss, but as we all know he's more of a 2nd line center.

Old
06-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Erick*

Booth had 2 concussions last year; I'm not even confident that he'll bounce back to be half of what he used to be anymore, to be honest. I expect Frolik to be our best forward next year.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 06:41 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 07:50 PM
305Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Booth had 2 concussions last year; I'm not even confident that he'll bounce back to be half of what he used to be anymore, to be honest. I expect Frolik to be our best forward next year.
You know, I couldn't agree with you more on Booth. I share you concerns for the concussions and his ability to bounce back from it. BUT, let's not forget his level of play before the 2nd KO, we were starting to see glimpses of the competitive scraper we've grown to cheer for. I just really hope he learns to skate with his head up! If he can stay healthy, I could definitely see him putting up 30 goals again. I love when athletes play with a chip on their shoulder. Can you imagine the motivation for Booth? He probably would've been on the US olympic team, maybe even been invite to the World tournament, not to mention he just signed that huge extension/deal. It would be a real shame, and again I share you concerns, but as long as he can skate with his head up and keep healthy we'll all be saying how much we missed him this past season...

Old
06-12-2010, 12:41 AM
phil725

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Pantera View Post
You know, I couldn't agree with you more on Booth. I share you concerns for the concussions and his ability to bounce back from it. BUT, let's not forget his level of play before the 2nd KO, we were starting to see glimpses of the competitive scraper we've grown to cheer for. I just really hope he learns to skate with his head up! If he can stay healthy, I could definitely see him putting up 30 goals again. I love when athletes play with a chip on their shoulder. Can you imagine the motivation for Booth? He probably would've been on the US olympic team, maybe even been invite to the World tournament, not to mention he just signed that huge extension/deal. It would be a real shame, and again I share you concerns, but as long as he can skate with his head up and keep healthy we'll all be saying how much we missed him this past season...
I'd love to see it.. But what's hard to fathom is that.. imagine if it was you... Could you bounce back like that? Now I know everyone will just say.. "yes I can do it!" But it really takes a special breed to actually do it.

PS I project Frolik at 30+ goals expecially if Horton is on his line. Last year we really got to see how great a passer Horty is... Man he seemed to set up everyone last year.

Last year Nate would drive to the side boards pull up, fake the wrister and pass to the on coming player from the point for a perfect one timer. Worked alot last year.

Old
06-12-2010, 10:15 AM
305Pantera

Quote:
I'd love to see it.. But what's hard to fathom is that.. imagine if it was you... Could you bounce back like that? Now I know everyone will just say.. "yes I can do it!" But it really takes a special breed to actually do it.

PS I project Frolik at 30+ goals expecially if Horton is on his line. Last year we really got to see how great a passer Horty is... Man he seemed to set up everyone last year.

Last year Nate would drive to the side boards pull up, fake the wrister and pass to the on coming player from the point for a perfect one timer. Worked alot last year.
We all know Booth has heart, it's what makes him so good. I'm just as worried as you though, but theres not much to do than to remain optimistic here.

Horton really showed us some great patience last season as he was setting up our guys with some golden opportunities. That's why it's SO annoying that we've all these "fans" wanting to trade him NOW that he's finally playing well enough for us to commend him. We would not get a player of his caliber back, and it would only hurt us. Horton will certainly set up Frolik with some nice ones. Blah, the offseason sucks!! At least the WOrld Cup is on... Otherwise Baseball is all there is

Old
06-12-2010, 11:27 AM
RainingRats

The reason why guys like Horton, Weiss, and Frolik have crappy end of season point totals is because they don't get the benefit of powerplay points since our PP sucks so much. Stamkos is a great example of really helping your stats with a competent powerplay. If our powerplay stays the same I could see 5-10 point improvement which is ok but if we can get an average to good powerplay going 15-20 point increase wouldn't be unrealistic. He will not put up over 60 points with with another crappy powerplay. Horton and Weiss could easily be around 80+ with a good powerplay.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 11:54 AM
305Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
The reason why guys like Horton, Weiss, and Frolik have crappy end of season point totals is because they don't get the benefit of powerplay points since our PP sucks so much. Stamkos is a great example of really helping your stats with a competent powerplay. If our powerplay stays the same I could see 5-10 point improvement which is ok but if we can get an average to good powerplay going 15-20 point increase wouldn't be unrealistic. He will not put up over 60 points with with another crappy powerplay. Horton and Weiss could easily be around 80+ with a good powerplay.
What do you think we could do to improve our PP? Having another year under the belt Kulikov should be playing more confidently and knowledgeable. Hate to go back to it, but Carter would be a nice addition to our PP don't you think? hah.