HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal kid,11, accepted to Ferrari academy

Old
06-10-2010, 01:43 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

vCash: 500
Montreal kid,11, accepted to Ferrari academy

Quote:
Ferrari has accepted the youngest recruit to its drivers' academy, an 11-year-old Canadian boy.Lance Stroll, from Montreal, has twice won the Canadian national championship in the Rotax Mini Max category.
Luca Baldisserri, who runs the Ferrari Driving Academy, says while Stoll is "very young," he has "already shown in karting that he is exceptionally talented."
Last year, he finished sixth in the World Finals at Lonato in the Mini Roc category and second in the Rotax Micro Max Florida Winter Tour.
Stroll was nominated by the Federation Sport Automobile du Quebec as 2008 Rookie of the Year, and Driver of the Year the following year.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

www.espn.com

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
RE-HABS

If he pans out he has a future of millions and rock star status in Europe...crazy he is only 11 and the future is laying in front of him already.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5on3 View Post
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

www.espn.com
I've heard yesterday on CKAC that he was Tommy Hilfiger president's son... don't know if it's true!

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Gberg

his dad's networth is like 500million.. high up there among Canadians.

He owns many ferrari's and other nice cars, and I'm sure this was a favour done.
Little rich kid..

Gberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
I've heard yesterday on CKAC that he was Tommy Hilfiger president's son... don't know if it's true!
yea, he has a mansion in Tremblant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gberg View Post
his dad's networth is like 500million.. high up there among Canadians.

He owns many ferrari's and other nice cars, and I'm sure this was a favour done.
Little rich kid..
lol what's ur problem? jealous much?

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
who isn't ? Driving on a circuit is one my dream and the kid has the chance to do it at 11. I, for one, am jealous

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 03:18 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I'll just be polite and say that Lawrence Stroll doesn't need any free puffy publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
who isn't ? Driving on a circuit is one my dream and the kid has the chance to do it at 11. I, for one, am jealous
On the other hand, if you had/have a father who is a good role model and a man of integrity, many kids would and should be jealous of you.

Please let's just talk about hockey here.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Jealousy and envy are two different things guys.

And both are sins btw.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

And both are sins btw.

don't even get me started.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
knuck
On and off fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

And both are sins btw.
I agreed with you right until that part

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Montreal4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I'll just be polite and say that Lawrence Stroll doesn't need any free puffy publicity.

On the other hand, if you had/have a father who is a good role model and a man of integrity, many kids would and should be jealous of you.

Please let's just talk about hockey here.
but. but.... but...... he put OT in the title! and the title described exactly what the subject was.... wait a sec.. you have prob??? THen why did you click on it? MODS! This person believes this thread should not exist, if this thread does not follow current policy, please delete!

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Joe Cole

I am sure the kid is good, but in racing, money talks louder than in any other "sport". Cars are expensive, skilled work is expensive, track time is expensive, professional training is expensive.

So it costs money to become a contender, a it takes a hell of a lot more to take it to the next level. Sponsorship is the #1 name in the game.

The more money you bring to the table the easier it is to get a "ride" from a team.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Fire Brunet*

cool
MONTREAL CITY STANDDDDDDD UP

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 10:46 PM
oberan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
Yes he is. Lawrence (Larry) Stroll is one of two brains behind the Hilfiger empire. The other is an Asian gentleman in Hong Kong. Tommy Hilfiger himself is just the designer, a figurehead if you'd like. Extremely well off to say the least.

Owns mansions in Westmount and Tremblant. He actually had a big say in the Tremblant airport becoming an international airport. The celebrity and jet set crowd fly in and out of Tremblant instead of flying into Dorval.

He is also the owner of the only Ferrari dealership in Montreal....

oberan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 07:18 PM
neofury*

I laughed at that response to baseball guy, and I totally agree with it, **** if you don't like the OT topic at and.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 07:50 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I laughed at that response to baseball guy, and I totally agree with it, **** if you don't like the OT topic at and.
Whoa.

I wasn't saying that the topic should be banned, I was just suggesting, like a couple of others before me, that this "unusual situation" is simply money talking, and not of much true sporting interest.

People who have had the "pleasure" of knowing Lawrence Stroll totally understand how something like this could happen, especially since his passion for racing cars and Ferraris is well-documented. We're talking about a man who fired a Hilfiger production worker on the spot for refusing to get off a public elevator during his lunch hour in a multi-tenant office building, when Lawrence yelled at him to do so. His crime: daring to be in the company of his "betters".

I was no more impressed by how this privileged man treated my buddy the satellite installer and handyman, who was awakened by a call from "the butler" at 2am the morning prior to the Grand Prix. The butler was scared he was going to be tossed out on his a** in the middle of the night, after seven years of service, because Lawrence's satellite feed suddenly "went dead" at his Westmount mansion. My buddy was told he had to be at the estate by 3am to "fix his lousy installation", which in fact had been working perfectly for 2 years. He arrived at 3:05 am, had the problem fixed by 4am (the Stroll's gardener had sliced a cable wire), then was fired for showing up "late" and not paid for the work he did, nor for some fancy hardware the labourer had laid out the money for a couple of days before at Lawrence's request.

So, if Lawrence decided that he is now going to live vicariously through his boy getting to play with Ferrari toys, believe me when I say that everyone around him will make sure it happens.

I have nothing against rich folks, by the way. Look up the story of Kemmons Wilson, founder of Holiday Inn and other companies, to hear the case of a genuine man who built real value while respecting everyone around him.

Nobody should be envying this 11-year-old kid; in fact, I feel bad for him.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
OneSharpMarble

Wow rich kid catches break, unheard of.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote