HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Plekanec will leave ...

Old
06-17-2010, 11:50 AM
saints96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I would push hard for Ladd, good third line player who won't have that expensive of a contract.
I'll second that!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Ginu

Quote:
I would push hard for Ladd, good third line player who won't have that expensive of a contract.
The best part is that Sharp, Horton and Malone are $3.9m (2011-2012), $4.0m (2012-2013) and $4.5m (2014-2015) cap hits, respectively. Not to mention that with these hits they'll be easy to move plus Gomez's contract only has until 2013-2014 and we have Pouliot, Pacioretty, Leblanc and Kristo ready soon. You give up a lot of assets but you'll get a lot back too when these guys are ready for the next step and we deal one or more of these bigger contracts. Just above $30m for your top 2 lines is magic.

Ladd would be nice but with these acquisitions, where would you play him when we have Cammalleri, Malone, Pouliot and Moen on the left wing. Does he play the right side?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
No doubt Horton has the skills to be a good hockey player, no one is denying that, people are questioning his physical game as it is right now and so far it has been very inconsistent, now there can be many reasons as to why this is the case, but he doesn't bring it every night. Andrei Kostitsyn is physical and doesn't bring it every night, he has the tools but hasn't put them all together yet(and yes I know Horton is better than Andrei).

Again I would be all up for acquiring Horton, but he's not the physical forward people picture him as(Lucic, Malone, Brown). Whatever, there is no point in arguing because physicality means different things to different people. In my conception of physicality(Again, Brown, Malone, Lucic) Horton is inconsistent in its use.
I guess that's the whole point. Malone and Horton are two different creatures: some prefer the tough, gritty fighter; others would rather go with the more talented.

But let's get something straight: you're not going to get 100% for 82 games from Ryan Malone either. In fact, bring him over for the next season and you and I will be in a thread questioning his "dedication" or his health status. He's got his ups and downs too.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
The best part is that Sharp, Horton and Malone are $3.9m (2011-2012), $4.0m (2012-2013) and $4.5m (2014-2015) cap hits, respectively. Not to mention that with these hits they'll be easy to move plus Gomez's contract only has until 2013-2014 and we have Pouliot, Pacioretty, Leblanc and Kristo ready soon. You give up a lot of assets but you'll get a lot back too when these guys are ready for the next step and we deal one or more of these bigger contracts. Just above $30m for your top 2 lines is magic.

Ladd would be nice but with these acquisitions, where would you play him when we have Cammalleri, Malone, Pouliot and Moen on the left wing. Does he play the right side?
You're assuming we acquire Malone. would love to have Ladd with Moore.

Last edited by Andy: 06-17-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Assuming we acquire Malone. would love to have Ladd with Moore.
What would it take to get Ladd and Sharp? Assuming we start with SK + 1st in 2011

Old
06-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Yup, I would go along with that too.....

Nice of you to no digress into a "who knows better" discussion even you were being lured into it.....good call!

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Assuming we acquire Malone. would love to have Ladd with Moore.
Malone would cost us a goalie.....then again, Chicago is probably not looking for one, they have a promissing kid who just won the SC and an overpaid vet as backup...

Ladd may cost us AK and something else.....as I presume that in real hockey circules, AK's value is not what it once was?.......

Old
06-17-2010, 12:10 PM
habsrock76

A deal between the Habs and Chicago makes too much sense.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Dean Ambrose
#BESTFORBUSINESS

vCash: 104
Quote:
I've been wanting Ladd from the start. A lot of experience and plays the style of game we need. Wonder what it would take to acquire Ladd from the Blackhawks.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
A deal between the Habs and Chicago makes too much sense.
Oh darn! We can't have that now....

Old
06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I agree, I think we could possibly get him for Pacioretty/Pouliot and Weber/3rd rounder if he is one of the guys they are looking to move. He'll probably make under 3 mil next year and he could be a good 2nd line option.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Malone would cost us a goalie.....then again, Chicago is probably not looking for one, they have a promissing kid who just won the SC and an overpaid vet as backup...

Ladd may cost us AK and something else.....as I presume that in real hockey circules, AK's value is not what it once was?.......
If by "real hockey circles" you mean HF Boards Trade Rumors, you may be right. But I believe that if the Hawks had any need for AK (they obviously don't), they'd jump on that.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I don't think we'd get him AND Malone, it's one or the other.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
If by "real hockey circles" you mean HF Boards Trade Rumors, you may be right. But I believe that if the Hawks had any need for AK (they obviously don't), they'd jump on that.
Given the inherant changes coming in Chicago due to cap pressures, I would not tosse out the idea that Chicago may be tempted in a recup project with AK.....

Old
06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post

AK would make no sense for Chicago, he'll make more than Ladd. If they wre going to move Ladd for cap reasons they'd want a 2010 1st, Pacioretty, Kristo, LeBlanc, weber, Subban etc Young, cheap talent...

Look at the Barker trade...

Old
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
AK would make no sense for Chicago, he'll make more than Ladd. If they wre going to move Ladd for cap reasons they'd want a 2010 1st, Pacioretty, Kristo, LeBlanc, weber, Subban etc Young, cheap talent...

Look at the Barker trade...
Well, I was speaking in the context of Chicago moving a few pieces, not just Ladd... (and not all to Montreal)......in that context, AK may make sense for them....but I get your point.....

Old
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Ginu

Quote:
I don't think we'd get him AND Malone, it's one or the other.
I can conceivably see us getting both. Pouliot is still a question mark and I believe the ship has sailed on AK. Malone in a package for Halak and Horton in a package for Plekanec.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I can conceivably see us getting both. Pouliot is still a question mark and I believe the ship has sailed on AK. Malone in a package for Halak and Horton in a package for Plekanec.
Plekanec has next to no value...he is a UFA remember?

Old
06-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Right, if they want Plek, they can sign him on July 1st.....

Old
06-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Agreed but I can see us adding in a prospect to make it worthwhile for Florida. Or do some sort of 3 way trade with Tampa and Florida.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Agreed but I can see us adding in a prospect to make it worthwhile for Florida. Or do some sort of 3 way trade with Tampa and Florida.
He's basically worth a 3rd round pick(his rights), and I'm not sure Florida would pay him 5 mil/year anyways.

Old
06-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
At the end it's :

halak + AK&SK + 27th overall +1st in 2011+plek's right

for

Malone, horton , sharp and the 3rd/4th overall ?

how don't know how this is possible.......someone is getting rip off big time.

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
JayBee*

I truly believe Pleks is as good as gone. I wouldn't feel that bad about it either...but they need to replace him...and Eller/Moore are not adquate replacements.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:04 PM
LeHab

Yup with the trade, it appears to me Plekenec has played his last game as a Habs.

I was not expecting him to be back anyway.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Bieber fever

well....I dont think eller can replace plekanec next years so I think PG will go for J.arnott. He can be a decent 2nd center and have only 1 year left.

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote