Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

There goes $4mil of the cap...

Old
06-11-2010, 07:48 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
not going to happen this season. if he has a setback he'll just go back on LTIR again and wait for the rehab. Again. by then the contract should be up.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 07:52 PM
MK9

vCash: 500
No offense, but think all this talk about Butch is getting extremely ahead of the game here.

What PMB "expects" and what actually happens are two completely different things. He's still feeling the effects. He's only doing "light" workouts. Sure it's better news than the alternatives. But, the guy has a LONG way to go. If he makes his goal, great. But, until I hear things like, 'He's working out full bore.' or 'He's feeling / looking good out there.' I'm not going to get worked up either way about his status.

Even if he does make it back at any point this year, I have very little faith he'll be the same player for a while. Sure, they've come a little ways with diagnosis and treatment of most concussions over the past 5-10 years. Wish I could find the article about it. Believe it was a Pat LaFontaine article how they were talking about how it takes most players about 2 years to actually really recover from them and get close to their old selves. Obviously it's going to vary from player to player. Every one is different. As is the degree of concussion.

Sorry not to be a wet blanket but, all this talk just seems way premature to me.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2010, 08:54 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
concussion treatment is a lot more sketchy than a broken femur, I know, but foster came back and outperformed all of our defensemen after a year off rehabbing what could have very well been a career ender. If I'm not mistaken that stint included him playing forward a few games.

I've decided to be optimistic about this, though realistically there isn't much chance of him playing full speed. Even at half speed, though, he'll be more useful than a few of our other players.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote