HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

KRIS BEECH on Nightly Sports Call, Tonight at 10:35 on UPN

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2004, 09:14 PM
spence___

vCash: 500
KRIS BEECH on Nightly Sports Call, Tonight at 10:35 on UPN

I just noticed this,

http://pittsburghpenguins.com/commun...nfo.php?id=216

Old
05-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Fleuryfan29

I wish I lived in the Pittsburgh area :mad:
Can someone tape it and send it to me?

Old
05-17-2004, 09:25 PM
pittengineer

Good to know. Wonder if they are interviewing him our if he is one of the guest speakers. Only reason I say this is because i can really not ever remember them having live guests being interviewed.

Old
05-17-2004, 09:32 PM
DJ Spinoza

They will probably just ask him some questions about the Stillerz, Big Ben, and the Bus.

I don't have any tapes, but I'll try to post if he says anything other than the usual "we're a good team etc etc etc" stuff that usually comes from these interviews. I'm watching CSI Miami, though, so I'm only going to be watching this in the commercials.

Old
05-17-2004, 09:44 PM
The Guy on the Couch*

This is one boring dud.

Old
05-17-2004, 10:28 PM
craig1

What went on?

Old
05-18-2004, 11:33 AM
pittengineer

Beech's cell went in and out. Basically said he learned a lot from the new coach and was disappointed not to be in pittsburgh more. Hopes to make the pens straight out of camp this coming year. That was pretty much it.

Old
05-18-2004, 01:00 PM
MagnusJondus
Faneca meets Stanley

With every passing quote I read or interview I see with Beech, I think more and more that he's some sort of headcase. True, he's worked with a sports shrink by his own admission to better his game, but I think that may only be scratching the surface. I wouldn't want to speculate, but even though he's a tad slow off the mark, he still has all the talent to be an NHL regular by now. Something is just off with him, IMO.

Only way to find out is if the Pens re-up him for next year (and they have eluded that they will). But if they don't think he has the mental make-up to prosper in the NHL, they may balk when the time comes.

Last edited by MagnusJondus: 05-18-2004 at 02:27 PM.
Old
05-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusJondus
With every passing quote I read or interview I see with Beech, I think more and more that he's some sort of headcase. True, he's worked with a sports shrink by his own admission to better his game, but I think that may only be scratching the surface. I wouldn't want to speculate, but even though he's a tad slow off the mark, he still has all the talent to be an NHL regular by now. Something is just off with him, IMO.

Only way to find out is if the Pens re-up him for next year (and they have eluded that they will). But if they don't think he has the mental make-up to prosper in the NHL, they may balk when the time comes.
I met him in Calgary a few years ago when he played for the Hitmen, and he seemed OK to me.
The only thing I got from talking to him was that he thinks he's better than everyone else, .......but what can you do, right?

Closed Thread