HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs Lounge and Le Cabaret, Episode X: The Journey Continues

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Hfboards2010

vCash: 500
Mobile Edge Bags

I bought a "mobileedge" backpack 4 years ago. I've traveled with it to Europe, the US, across Canada. I've used it pretty much one day out of two. Yet, when I look at it, it's as if I bought it yesterday. Many pockets, excellent padding, high quality, lifetime warranty.

They also have Men's/Women's Messenger bags

I bought mine at a Best Buy, but if you have time, Internet is king.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:02 AM
otto bond

Hurt my back.

Last Saturday, I had plan to install my window AC and while the lifting part was OK, it was wen I put it down, I instantly felt a pain in my lower section. It's been 3 days and although I'm in constant pain, I still walk and I'm trying to move trough the pain without going overboard.
I have a concern cause I'm a chef and in my business, you don't work, you don't get payed. I'm unsure on how much work I will miss. The doc will have a look at me tomorrow and still I'm sure nothing will be concrete about what type of injury I have caused to my self.
Any advice if I'm out of commission longer then expect?

Old
07-12-2010, 09:05 AM
saints96

just hope it isnt herniated discs, i have that and its brutal let me tell you. In the mean time, try icing it.. and apply some heat as well.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
otto bond

Thanks.....I sure hope it's not a disc...good feeling it's not. What is your movement like if you would to have a herniated disc?

Old
07-12-2010, 09:16 AM
gee

well i guess someone else will have to chef those bigmacs! maybe they can move you to drive-through until you're healed .

Old
07-12-2010, 09:21 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
well i guess someone else will have to chef those bigmacs! maybe they can move you to drive-through until you're healed .
good one but sorry no big macs where I work. It's hard work and no AC in the kitchen...very hot...

Old
07-12-2010, 09:24 AM
SoundsGood

you should go see an osteopathe or Chiro.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
C77

Good luck!

I hurt my neck

Old
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50

Old
07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Thanks.....I sure hope it's not a disc...good feeling it's not. What is your movement like if you would to have a herniated disc?
most of the time it isnt a herniated disc, just a lombar strain, and usually a build up of inflammation, in that case, they will give you anti inflammatory pills. And for lombar strain, best thing to do is, stretching,(legs, trunk) and also the planks(look that up on google) its a yoga(ab, core exercise) its great for your abs, lombar muscle and your core in general.

If it is herniated discs, well then things change. Depending which discs and how many, if they're buldging or actually herniated. Your movement and mobilty will vary from person to person. It all depends on you, when i first got hurt, i wasnt able to play sports or work out for a good year and a half, now i work out 4 days a week, i play hockey time to time, but i obviously cant last as long as i used to. If you have HD(which i hope you dont) you will get to learn your own limitations. Days that are cold, humid, affect your pain, anyways dont worry yourself over HD unless your diagnosed with that.

I hope i was of some help. Im no doctor but its 5 years im living with this so i know a little bit about back pain. Got hurt at 20 years old, its tough to hear that you have 2 herniated discs and 2 damaged ones when your 20.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:43 AM
otto bond

Thanks! I did hurt my back before but it was something much different(a fractured bone)
At the moment, my groin feels strained and it's mostly due to the strain I'm putting on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I would for a cold Alpine!
Man, it's been years since I had one of those.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
..most of the time it isnt a herniated disc, just a lombar strain, and usually a build up of inflammation, in that case, they will give you anti inflammatory pills. ...
I completely agree. In French they call it 'Entorse Lombaire' and how i got rid of it was to take a long shower with hot water on the sore spot as hot and long as you can take it, two to three times day, then go rest if you can and take some Advil for inflammation. It would go away in 3 days for me.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:55 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I completely agree. In French they call it 'Entorse Lombaire' and how i got rid of it was to take a long shower with hot water on the sore spot as hot and long as you can take it, two to three times day, then go rest if you can and take some Advil for inflammation. It would go away in 3 days for me.
Well, it's been 3 days now and not much of improvement. It's a little hard to gage too so.

Old
07-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Laraque, is that you?

Old
07-12-2010, 09:57 AM
ClasslessGuy

If you have trouble sleeping try to get some Tylenol 3 ... That's some good stuff

Old
07-12-2010, 10:09 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Milles View Post
Laraque, is that you?
I hope not cause his back is **** up!

Old
07-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp10 View Post
If you have trouble sleeping try to get some Tylenol 3 ... That's some good stuff
Funny you guys are saying that and there's a thread on this. I just took down 10 of those in the last 4 days. I have a spinal/neck/shoulder injury and they are good for about for hours max and then I wake up in crazy pain in the middle of the night. I'm also taking an anti inflammatory called naproxen. It's pretty good but I have been on it for 4 days and still feel the same. I'm about to go do physio and then I see my doctor. I hope he will give me some cortisone and maybe some more of those pills..
To the op... It sucks bad. I've had back problems for over 8 years now. You should see an osteopath. And forget work, sorry man. Restaurant business is a ***** but your back is more important than anything. Take care of it now so you won't have problems in the future.

Old
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Aquatic Exercise?

But obviously check with a doctor first.

And good luck....................

Old
07-12-2010, 10:17 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
Funny you guys are saying that and there's a thread on this. I just took down 10 of those in the last 4 days. I have a spinal/neck/shoulder injury and they are good for about for hours max and then I wake up in crazy pain in the middle of the night. I'm also taking an anti inflammatory called naproxen. It's pretty good but I have been on it for 4 days and still feel the same. I'm about to go do physio and then I see my doctor. I hope he will give me some cortisone and maybe some more of those pills..
To the op... It sucks bad. I've had back problems for over 8 years now. You should see an osteopath. And forget work, sorry man. Restaurant business is a ***** but your back is more important than anything. Take care of it now so you won't have problems in the future.
Thanks and sorry about your injury. First step for me is seing my regular doctor and I will go from there. Has for work, until it's clear to what type of injury it is, I still will keep hope. I'm pretty good at what I do but if I can't....then I guess I can't.

Old
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Uh-Oh, Back pain.

Old
07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Uh-Oh, Back pain.
Yup, and I really concern cause something pope or felt like it popped.

Old
07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
I would for a cold Alpine!
Man, it's been years since I had one of those.
You are good in my books. Godspeed!

Old
07-12-2010, 10:33 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
You are good in my books. Godspeed!
Allpine, all the time, in the Maritime.

Old
07-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Last Saturday, I had plan to install my window AC and while the lifting part was OK, it was wen I put it down, I instantly felt a pain in my lower section. It's been 3 days and although I'm in constant pain, I still walk and I'm trying to move trough the pain without going overboard.
I have a concern cause I'm a chef and in my business, you don't work, you don't get payed. I'm unsure on how much work I will miss. The doc will have a look at me tomorrow and still I'm sure nothing will be concrete about what type of injury I have caused to my self.
Any advice if I'm out of commission longer then expect?
go for a therapeutic massage. if there is no relief, it is probably disc related. at that point you can visit your doctor who will probably prescribe anti-inflammatories.

Old
07-12-2010, 10:36 AM
xposbrad

see a PT , if you need a good one let me know. I am rehabbing 2 shoulder surgeries right now.

Closed Thread