Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why not Clutterbuck???

Old
06-13-2010, 08:08 PM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
Aren't 4th liners easy to find?

Fritsche wasn't that good and Olvecky would be nice depth, but they are what they are. Doubt they will become more than fringe NHL players.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Olivier Roy will end up in the NHL before Keumper.

Rajala has some "bright spots" according to some of the Finnish press.

My point isn't about being negative about Brodziak.

My point is the inconsistency with GMCF. He stated that he wanted to replenish the prospects, yet traded a 4th and a 5th away for a role player and a 6th. While, at the time, we seemed "okay" for centers, still missing a good 2nd line center. Belanger could have been that guy, instead, he was pushed to the 4th line.

*shrugs*

I also bought into the statement that Brodziak "can play wing" and "take face-offs". I figured he was going to be on the LW side of a Belanger - Clutterbuck combination. That's how I would have set up the third line at the beginning of the season. Maybe even setting Pouliot up between Havlat and Sykora instead of running him in the press box.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
mnwildgophers

The whole "draft picks are like gold" bit was tough to swallow when we traded a 2nd for Kobasew. He's not that bad of a player though. I have a feeling that we will be re-couping that pick at next year's deadline, but I wasn't too happy about it.

Trading Nick Leddy away was tough to swallow as he was another 1st rounder gone, but I can't fault GMCF for his lack of effort. The Barker trade doesn't look so good right now, but to add a 23 year old with his skill-set and talent, he could be very good for us. Let's see if he plays well next year.

Trading Belanger away was a good move for the 2nd rounder. He got good value for Belanger, and I was happy with that move. However, we would sure be looking a lot better if the rumored Boogaard trade would have went through to TB. I really wish he would have traded Nolan away at the deadline, hell, a 3rd or 4th round pick would be a lot better than what happened to us.

Maybe there was no one willing to pay for Nolan, or he tried to be too much of a "nice-guy." This year's draft managing and selections will be huge for the state of our franchise.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 10:02 AM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Takko View Post
And who did Olvecky and Fritsche play for last year? I'll save you the trouble... they played for the Milwaukee Admirals and the Syracuse Crunch, respectively.

Boy, that was a bad decision.
Its called comparing either one at under 1M on a 1-year deal to a 3 year deal at over 1M per that was given to Brodziak, + the draft picks as bozak mentioned. Kyle Brodziak got 32 points playing over 15 minutes per game, appearing in all 82 games. That isn't good. Given the opportunities he had to play with Havlat and Latendresse, that is almost an embarrassment. He's a 4th liner and they generally don't get multi-year deals or an excess of 1M per season.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 10:45 AM
North Metro Peewees

So what I'm gathering is there would be no interest in dealing a guy like Clutterbuck even if you could acquire a player like Patrick Sharp? Honestly it feels like everyone has their favorites that they are unwilling to part with.

Come on people we didn't win the cup this year....didn't even make the playoffs yet we have people who don't want to deal 4th line wingers and others who complain about dealing a 5th and 6th rounder for a guy who actually plays in the league and had 32 points.

I'd like to change my opinion and say hopefully the Wild stands pat this summer, then we can choose top 5 next summer when the draft is here.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM
North Metro Peewees

[QUOTE=mnwildgophers;26276290]The whole "draft picks are like gold" bit was tough to swallow when we traded a 2nd for Kobasew. He's not that bad of a player though. I have a feeling that we will be re-couping that pick at next year's deadline, but I wasn't too happy about it.

Except the fact CF realized he had zero talent to work with and Kobasew had 20 goals the previous year in Boston.

Old
06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Why not Clutterbuck? Because 3rd/4th liners don't return top six scorers in trades.

And yeah Clutter's shot is amazing but he doesn't seem to have the hockey sense to get into scoring position. So from what I've seen he can pick corners in warmups but since he's shooting from such a bad angle (usually a few feet from the boards at the top of the circle) off the rush that's why he's missing the net so damn often.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 01:16 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Why not Clutterbuck? Because 3rd/4th liners don't return top six scorers in trades.
And yeah Clutter's shot is amazing but he doesn't seem to have the hockey sense to get into scoring position. So from what I've seen he can pick corners in warmups but since he's shooting from such a bad angle (usually a few feet from the boards at the top of the circle) off the rush that's why he's missing the net so damn often.
I believe if you read my proposal it included Clutterbuck + picks to Chicago for Patrick Sharp. Because of the cap the Hawks will likely need to move him this summer and they obviously can take only minimal money back.

Last edited by North Metro Peewees: 06-14-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
So what I'm gathering is there would be no interest in dealing a guy like Clutterbuck even if you could acquire a player like Patrick Sharp? Honestly it feels like everyone has their favorites that they are unwilling to part with.

Come on people we didn't win the cup this year....didn't even make the playoffs yet we have people who don't want to deal 4th line wingers and others who complain about dealing a 5th and 6th rounder for a guy who actually plays in the league and had 32 points.

I'd like to change my opinion and say hopefully the Wild stands pat this summer, then we can choose top 5 next summer when the draft is here.
I don't think there's a person who can call themselves a Wild fan who thinks Cal is untradable. He is absolutely tradable... but don't kid yourself in thinking you can get Patrick Sharp for Cal. Cal would be a secondary piece at best in a package if Sharp is the trade target.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote