HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Eric Nystrom

Old
06-12-2010, 11:44 PM
sg12lw

vCash: 500
Eric Nystrom

The last name sucks, i know, but i would really like to see us add him to the roster.

I think he'd be cheap, and i love the way he plays. I cant imagine anyone more perfect to play with betts and lappy. Hes got speed, hes gritty, and he does just about anything for the team. Great replacement for asham, bc hes better at everything except fighting (but lappy and danny got that covered).

Every time i watched the flames this year he stood out to me, bc he seemed to be the guy trying the hardest out there, and doing the little things. guys like that never hurt the lineup

Not the scoring winger we need, but great 3rd/4th liner. Better skills than powe, and sort of similar style.

12 18 13
19 48 22
21 17 28
14 11 nystrom - powe out??

-not perfect since 28 is on the wing, but thats just my mock lines. Also, lappys career is winding down, so we'd sort of have a guy to replace him in a few years when ian calls it a career (not that you can replace lappy but you know what i mean)

Any thoughts?? (other than how seeing that last name on a flyers jersey would give you nightmeres haha)

Last edited by sg12lw: 06-12-2010 at 11:55 PM.
sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 11:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Powe isn't a center, he just is able to take faceoffs when needed.

I don't care what his name is.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
sg12lw

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Powe isn't a center, he just is able to take faceoffs when needed.

I don't care what his name is.
never said he was

edit: i now see where the confusion was, i was just bringing up the center thing bc my mock lineup had giroux at wing, and hes clearly better at center. i fixed the OP to hopefully clear things up

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Ill take Nystrom

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 02:04 PM
rossbrew*

It's hard to tell a player's scoring potential when they've played their whole career for the Flames as inability to score runs rampant on that team...but, overall, I like his size and hustle...

rossbrew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 07:29 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'd love to see Nystrom here in Philadelphia. Fact is, he was never given an opportunity to play with anything but muckers and grinders in Calgary.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
I'd like to see us take a run at Ethan Moreau if the price is right. He's not a center, and costs $2M for next year, but that's the type of defensive mucking forward who would fit in great on a shutdown line.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 07:38 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Pronger D PHI View Post
The last name sucks, i know, but i would really like to see us add him to the roster.

I think he'd be cheap, and i love the way he plays. I cant imagine anyone more perfect to play with betts and lappy. Hes got speed, hes gritty, and he does just about anything for the team. Great replacement for asham, bc hes better at everything except fighting (but lappy and danny got that covered).

Every time i watched the flames this year he stood out to me, bc he seemed to be the guy trying the hardest out there, and doing the little things. guys like that never hurt the lineup

Not the scoring winger we need, but great 3rd/4th liner. Better skills than powe, and sort of similar style.

12 18 13
19 48 22
21 17 28
14 11 nystrom - powe out??

-not perfect since 28 is on the wing, but thats just my mock lines. Also, lappys career is winding down, so we'd sort of have a guy to replace him in a few years when ian calls it a career (not that you can replace lappy but you know what i mean)

Any thoughts?? (other than how seeing that last name on a flyers jersey would give you nightmeres haha)
Meh. More of the same (Powe, Carcillo, Lappy).

Fedentenko had a mediocre season so maybe you get him cheap and he fills a utility role.

Gagne - Richards - Fed would be a really good two way line.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 07:38 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'd like to see us take a run at Ethan Moreau if the price is right. He's not a center, and costs $2M for next year, but that's the type of defensive mucking forward who would fit in great on a shutdown line.
His shoulders are done. He's not as effective as he used to be. Honestly, it'd be like watching a better skating/less offensive version of Tim Kerr.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote