HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hemsky plus for your 2 first round picks.

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2010, 10:17 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Hemsky plus for your 2 first round picks.

Atl has quite a few young good prospects and I think that they are not that far off from the playoffs. Edm is looking at rebuilding and hopefully starting from scratch. Any players that you draft this year is not going to be ready for the next couple of years. There for how about something like this.

Atl
Hemsky
Cogliano
Chorney

Edm
8th over all
24th over all

This gives Edm two 1st round picks to start all over. Hoping that they draft smart and get players they can develop and help them in 3 years.

Atl gets a top 3 winger in Hemsky that sees the game and also makes the players around him better. Cogliano that can play in the top 6 with speed and a young dman prospect that can move the puck.

What are your thoughts?

Old
06-12-2010, 10:22 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Don't want damaged goods especially for 1st rounders. No thanks.

I'm looking forward to this draft more than ever and finally proud that this team is about to cap off the beginning of a successful franchise. Adding a few more prospects caps it off.

Old
06-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Hemsky + Penner

for

Little + 8th +2nd

Old
06-12-2010, 10:51 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Hemsky + Penner

for

Little + 8th +2nd
Why would you want to get rid of Little. He had a good first season but not so good second season. We have enough small players on our team. Hemsky and Penner are worth a lot more than the 8th and 23rd picks.

Old
06-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
Not a chance from Edmonton.. after the top 7 it's really not worth it.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:07 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Hemsky and Penner are worth a lot more than the 8th and 23rd picks.
Not really.

Hemsky is a relatively fragile guy who can be penciled in for around 20 goals. That's fine, maybe the 24th, but not the 8th and the 24th.

Dustin Penner is talented, I'll give you that, but Penner is not the kind of guy you erase your whole potential first round for.

You said it yourself, we have a lot of good prospects, why lock us up with guys who won't be gone until 2013? Kane, Morin, Bergfors, Klingberg, O'Dell, Cormier, Macachek will all be well into their prime at that point. We're also looking at taking on around an 8.5 cap hit per year, and at the moment we've already got bad contracts in Todd White and Ron Hainsey.

The thing that kills this deal is that a similarly skilled winger (Versteeg, Sharp, Byfuglien, Grabner/Raymond, Wheeler/Ryder, Mueller, Sergei Kostytsyn, Hanzal) could be had much much cheaper than mortgaging an entire round.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
Not really.

Hemsky is a relatively fragile guy who can be penciled in for around 20 goals. That's fine, maybe the 24th, but not the 8th and the 24th.
Hemsky is maybe worth a 24th overall pick?

Haha, no. No. No. Just. Stop. Now. Don't. Never again. Please, just stop.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:12 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
Hemsky is maybe worth a 24th overall pick?

Haha, no. No. No. Just. Stop. Now. Don't. Never again. Please, just stop.
I wouldn't trade for him.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't trade for him.
Lol, at first I thought I had to have misread your post, but I guess I was wrong. Hfboards is always good for a laugh. A late first round draft pick > a top line right winger signed at a 4.1 million cap hit. Hiiiiiiiiilarious.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:27 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Hemsky is not that good. I've never liked him. He's a soft fragile hockey player and always will be. We don't need to build with players like him. He's like a poor mans Havlat.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Hemsky is not that good. I've never liked him. He's a soft fragile hockey player and always will be. We don't need to build with players like him. He's like a poor mans Havlat.
Haha, I love it. Not that good? Since the lockout Hemsky's scored at a .923 point/gm. And besides 05-06 and the 22 games he played in 09-10 (so 103 out of over 300 games) Hemsky's had brutal linemates and a very poor team to play with. But yeah, not that great of a player. May as well mention that he's an electrifying player and when he's on his game is a definite game changer.
Fragile? Yeah. Soft? Hell no. I've never seen a player of Hemsky's size take a beating over and over again in the corners only to go back for more so that he can make the play. Calling him soft is great though, because it tells me you've probably seen Hemsky play for about five minutes.
But, you would seriously, seriously rather have a late first rounder over him? An unproven 18 year old over Hemsky, a top line rw? Completely, utterly ridiculous.

I, nor any sane hockey fan, wouldn't even think for a second about trading Hemsky for the 8th overall pick, let alone the 24th overall.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla

vCash: 50
Quote:
Haha, I love it. Not that good? Since the lockout Hemsky's scored at a .923 point/gm. And besides 05-06 and the 22 games he played in 09-10 (so 103 out of over 300 games) Hemsky's had brutal linemates and a very poor team to play with. But yeah, not that great of a player. May as well mention that he's an electrifying player and when he's on his game is a definite game changer.
Fragile? Yeah. Soft? Hell no. I've never seen a player of Hemsky's size take a beating over and over again in the corners only to go back for more so that he can make the play. Calling him soft is great though, because it tells me you've probably seen Hemsky play for about five minutes.
But, you would seriously, seriously rather have a late first rounder over him? An unproven 18 year old over Hemsky, a top line rw? Completely, utterly ridiculous.

I, nor any sane hockey fan, wouldn't even think for a second about trading Hemsky for the 8th overall pick, let alone the 24th overall.
only one year left on his contract. I would do 24th + NJ 2nd + Postma for Hemsky.

Old
06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4stanley View Post
only one year left on his contract. I would do 24th + NJ 2nd for Hemsky.
2 years left. But keep it coming, hilarious proposals like these are making me smile.

3rd rounder for Little?
2nd rounder for Bogosian?
CUZ DRAFT PIX R WURTH SEW MCUH!!!!!!

Edit:
Here's some threads that'll show you the general opinion around HFBoards on Hemsky's value:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=hemsky
A little higher than a late first rounder, hey?

Last edited by Yeah15: 06-13-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old
06-13-2010, 12:06 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Yes, I should obviously trade it for a player who hasn't played a full season in his career, and is a supposed top flight first line winger despite the fact that our winger and center both scored more goals this season than Hemsky's career best, especially when there are less brittle, higher upside players available in Versteeg and Mason Raymond (who also scored more goals this year than hemsky's career best) that can be had at a less high-risk deal. Makes perfect sense. I'll be on my way to pick Ales up at the airport.

Old
06-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Yes, I should obviously trade it for a player who hasn't played a full season in his career, and is a supposed top flight first line winger despite the fact that our winger and center both scored more goals this season than Hemsky's career best, especially when there are less brittle, higher upside players available in Versteeg and Mason Raymond (who also scored more goals this year than hemsky's career best) that can be had at a less high-risk deal. Makes perfect sense. I'll be on my way to pick Ales up at the airport.
Hasn't played a full season in his career? 4 of his 6 NHL seasons Hemsky's played 70+ games. (02-03 he joined the team later in the year). Hemsky was out for the year after taking a dangerous check from behind from Handzus, complicated due to his shoulder problem. His shoulder was once a worry but after taking the entire year off to re cooperate from some much needed surgery, his shoulder has definitely had enough time to heal. Take out last year and Hemsky misses on average about 8-10 games a year, whats the big deal? It's hilarious how big of a deal you're making Hemsky's injury problems.

Raymond, Versteeg higher upside than Hemsky? Just stop man, it's embarrassing. Hemsky isn't a goalscorer. You don't deserve to be in an argument about Hemmer if you're going to say he's worse than other players purely because of goals.
Going by your hilariously flawed logic, Penner > the Sedins, St. Louis, Richards, Thornton, Kane, Stastny, Malkin and Perry.

Keep it coming man.

And BTW, you're not getting Raymond or Versteeg for the 24th anyways.

Old
06-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Don't want Hemsky and he is certainly not worth 8th overall. I don't like his injury history and lack of goals. What's his career high 23 goals? I rather have Bryan Little.

For Atlanta's first 2 picks i want Gagner and Penner or Eberle and Cogliano. If this is too steep for a rebuilding team, then i suggest you keep walking.

Old
06-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Ashe

Quote:
You need to be quiet. Mason Raymond flourished with the sedins.
Versteeg is a question mark. Just because you dont score goals, doesnt mean you arent first line material. When you are putting up 70 points with no names on your wing, its gotta mean something

Hemsky is a very skilled, proven guy and sound defensively. He would easily crack our "excellent top 6" we have going on. He works hard, gives his body up for the team, and plays with an edge. The guy was a +7 on the oilers before injuries.
He routinely puts up an average of 60 points in his last 4 years(not including the shortened one) and was actually a PPG player before the injury.

Scoring 30 goals isnt out of the question. The fact he puts up 40-50 aassists shows he's a skilled shooter, and playmaker.

You give us penner + Hemsky + third round
Ill give you both first rounds.

Old
06-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Don't want Hemsky
You're right, who would want a proven first line RWer at 4.1 million?
Quote:
and he is certainly not worth 8th overall.
Draft picks > Proven players, I forgot.
Quote:
I don't like his injury history and lack of goals. What's his career high 23 goals? I rather have Bryan Little.
Already covered the injury history, and can you get it through your head that he's a playmaker? Seriously, this is getting frustrating to get through to you guys. And you're right about Little, because you're only allowed to have one solid RWer per team.
Quote:
For Atlanta's first 2 picks i want Gagner and Penner or Eberle and Cogliano. If this is too steep for a rebuilding team, then i suggest you keep walking.
Believe me, definitely not worth it from an Oilers perspective.

Old
06-13-2010, 12:38 AM
thrillermiller89

hemsky and smid for both 1sts sounds right

Old
06-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
You need to be quiet. Mason Raymond flourished with the sedins.
Versteeg is a question mark. Just because you dont score goals, doesnt mean you arent first line material. When you are putting up 70 points with no names on your wing, its gotta mean something

Hemsky is a very skilled, proven guy and sound defensively. He would easily crack our "excellent top 6" we have going on. He works hard, gives his body up for the team, and plays with an edge. The guy was a +7 on the oilers before injuries.
He routinely puts up an average of 60 points in his last 4 years(not including the shortened one) and was actually a PPG player before the injury.

Scoring 30 goals isnt out of the question. The fact he puts up 40-50 aassists shows he's a skilled shooter, and playmaker.

You give us penner + Hemsky + third round
Ill give you both first rounds.
Finally some common sense, but I definitely wouldn't give up both Penner and Hemsky for those two picks. Until Hemsky was injured this year, Penner/Gagner/Hemsky was one of the highest scoring lines in the league.
I wouldn't give up Hemmer for the 8th, and I definitely wouldn't give up Penner and a third for the 24th.

Old
06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Ashe

Quote:
Finally some common sense, but I definitely wouldn't give up both Penner and Hemsky for those two picks. Until Hemsky was injured this year, Penner/Gagner/Hemsky was one of the highest scoring lines in the league.
I wouldn't give up Hemmer for the 8th, and I definitely wouldn't give up Penner and a third for the 24th.
we throw in a prospect or two, and you give us hemmer

Old
06-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Shameus

First off, I can not believe I am saying this but I am siding with ASF. I want no part of moving either pick. I like the building that is going on and want to continue it.

Second, keep it civil. Debate the topic and not target posters.

Old
06-13-2010, 01:00 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Already covered the injury history, and can you get it through your head that he's a playmaker? Seriously, this is getting frustrating to get through to you guys.
Not as frustating as not knowing the other team needs.

After trading Kovalchuk, Atlanta needs more goal scorers.

Old
06-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Ashe

Quote:
Not as frustating as not knowing the other team needs.

After trading Kovalchuk, Atlanta needs more goal scorers.
20 goal scorer, and 60-70 point producer sure helps a lot though.
That first round pick sure will help us.

Im all for draft picks. But our group is young enough, with no space for at least the next couple years. we have Antro/Berg/Little/Pev/Reasoner/Slater/Kane/Thorburn for the next while.

Thats 8 forwards. Leaving room for 4 more. With Cormier, Kling, Machachek, + CHL + Europe players. Its tight room to have another guy sitting for 3-4 years in the minors to get a shot to come up. I'd say if any season was the time to trade our picks for players to help us now, and in the long term. Its this one.

Last edited by Ashe: 06-13-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old
06-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
First off, I can not believe I am saying this but I am siding with ASF. I want no part of moving either pick. I like the building that is going on and want to continue it.

Second, keep it civil. Debate the topic and not target posters.
So..a 26 year old guy who puts up 60 points..isnt worth a draft pick. when its basically a toss up from 4-15 on which actually do well in the nhl? If that offer comes up, two first rounders, for hemsky and penner. Would you do it? We get scoring, speed, defensive coverage from hemsky.
And we get tougher, meaner, scoring from penner.

Every thing this team needs.

Closed Thread