HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hemsky plus for your 2 first round picks.

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Shameus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
So..a 26 year old guy who puts up 60 points..isnt worth a draft pick. when its basically a toss up from 4-15 on which actually do well in the nhl? If that offer comes up, two first rounders, for hemsky and penner. Would you do it? We get scoring, speed, defensive coverage from hemsky.
And we get tougher, meaner, scoring from penner.

Every thing this team needs.
I am not against trading for Top 6 help. I think the team needs another Top 6 Wing, I do. But with the young core this team finally has, well for the first time in a while there are more than a few prospects in the pipeline to get excited about. IF things play out, the third line next year could be a complete homegrown one of Klingberg-Cormier/O'Dell-Machacek. I have no problem trading one of our D prospects and a 2nd for something. But I would really like to hold onto our 2 first rounders and see what we can get on the FA market or from a cap strapped team.

Old
06-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

I would personally do both 1st rounders for Hemsky and Penner. Penner put up 30+ goals last season playing with a bunch of AHLers.

Atlanta needs to make the playoffs next season bad. We can't wait 2, 3 years on this years draft picks.

Old
06-13-2010, 02:50 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
I am not against trading for Top 6 help. I think the team needs another Top 6 Wing, I do. But with the young core this team finally has, well for the first time in a while there are more than a few prospects in the pipeline to get excited about. IF things play out, the third line next year could be a complete homegrown one of Klingberg-Cormier/O'Dell-Machacek. I have no problem trading one of our D prospects and a 2nd for something. But I would really like to hold onto our 2 first rounders and see what we can get on the FA market or from a cap strapped team.
This. Besides, what if some of the young guys bounce back in a big way next year?

Old
06-13-2010, 02:56 AM
aBurmistrov

If we were going to trade our 1sts, I rather get Versteeg and Sharp.

Old
06-13-2010, 03:00 AM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
Haha, I love it. Not that good? Since the lockout Hemsky's scored at a .923 point/gm. And besides 05-06 and the 22 games he played in 09-10 (so 103 out of over 300 games) Hemsky's had brutal linemates and a very poor team to play with. But yeah, not that great of a player. May as well mention that he's an electrifying player and when he's on his game is a definite game changer.
Fragile? Yeah. Soft? Hell no. I've never seen a player of Hemsky's size take a beating over and over again in the corners only to go back for more so that he can make the play. Calling him soft is great though, because it tells me you've probably seen Hemsky play for about five minutes.
But, you would seriously, seriously rather have a late first rounder over him? An unproven 18 year old over Hemsky, a top line rw? Completely, utterly ridiculous.

I, nor any sane hockey fan, wouldn't even think for a second about trading Hemsky for the 8th overall pick, let alone the 24th overall.
This sounds like a lot of the talk Leafs fans throw out to pump up Kaberle. Or how they shut their ears and chant "Kessel proven 40 goal scorer" over and over again. Statistics suiting the argument from all over the place thrown together with a bunch of adjectives describing how ungodly his abilities are. Why don't you mention that Gretzky thinks he's the best passer ever while you're at it. Fact is the most goals he ever scored in a season is 23. That's really weak for a "top line RWer". Another fact is that while he takes a hit to make a play he's not a physical presence by any stretch and nothing special defensively. Yet another fact is that playmaking wingers aren't as valuable as scoring wingers or playmaking centers in the context of the game. Another fact is that he is coming off a major injury that had him miss most of a season. Yet another fact is that his contract ends soon and there is no way in hell he stays in Atlanta without getting a contract they'd be idiotic to hand out.

So yeah... Atlanta passes and drafts/trades guys that actually fit their needs without overpaying.

Old
06-13-2010, 03:19 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Penner is another I would not touch. Not even for our 24th straight up.

I'd rather play Mahacek on the team than Penner.

These are joke proposals. Thrashers don't need damaged goods. You know what, I wouldn't care if Cormier, Klingberg, Morin, Paquette, AND Niederreiter/Johansen all made the team next year. Because this is it. This is the time for the Thrashers. We've came this far with great drafts the past 3 years. Dudley won't screw it up by trading future top 6 forwards for damaged goods. I would never touch a player like Hemsky/Havlat.

I'm actually pulling for the youngins to make the team. Any of them. Even our 8th overall pick. It will help us in the long run. And that's what its about. We aint goin far in the next year or 2. Accept it. If we do, it won't be because of a Hemsky.

Old
06-13-2010, 03:40 AM
aBurmistrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Penner is another I would not touch. Not even for our 24th straight up.

I'd rather play Mahacek on the team than Penner.

These are joke proposals. Thrashers don't need damaged goods. You know what, I wouldn't care if Cormier, Klingberg, Morin, Paquette, AND Niederreiter/Johansen all made the team next year. Because this is it. This is the time for the Thrashers. We've came this far with great drafts the past 3 years. Dudley won't screw it up by trading future top 6 forwards for damaged goods. I would never touch a player like Hemsky/Havlat.

I'm actually pulling for the youngins to make the team. Any of them. Even our 8th overall pick. It will help us in the long run. And that's what its about. We aint goin far in the next year or 2. Accept it. If we do, it won't be because of a Hemsky.
I agree.

I would rather see our young guys step in instead of guys like Penner.

Old
06-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Joey Moss

You guys dont get to watch the Oilers too often do you? Both Penner and Hemsky are getting severely underrated in this thread.

Old
06-13-2010, 04:24 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Hemsky

for

Atlanta's 1st (8th overall)
Atlanta's 3rd (If we still have it, not going to bother looking it up)
O'Dell or Esposito

Done.

Old
06-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
You guys dont get to watch the Oilers too often do you? Both Penner and Hemsky are getting severely underrated in this thread.
To be fair, these proposals are being made by Oiler fans who think, "The Thrashers suck, so they'll take anything."

How many playmakers should the Thrashers put on their top line? Hemsky and Antropov can pass to each other all game and it's not going to do the team any good if one of them doesn't put it in the net. Between the two of them, in their last full season, they COMBINED for under 290 shots. That wouldn't even work if Kovalchuk was still on this team.

I suppose he could be put on the second line with Rich Peverley and Evander Kane, but that sure does make a small line. They'll be pasted every game without a valid sniper or large body to create space.

You accuse Thrasher fans of not watching Oiler games or knowing anything about the players, but it seems readily apparent to me that the same is true of the Oiler fans posting in this thread in regards to the Thrashers.

This just isn't a good match right now. As stated above, the first thing this team needs to address is primary scoring. Playmakers aren't worth a damn if they have nobody to finish their passes.

Old
06-13-2010, 11:13 AM
netminder17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
To be fair, these proposals are being made by Oiler fans who think, "The Thrashers suck, so they'll take anything."

How many playmakers should the Thrashers put on their top line? Hemsky and Antropov can pass to each other all game and it's not going to do the team any good if one of them doesn't put it in the net. Between the two of them, in their last full season, they COMBINED for under 290 shots. That wouldn't even work if Kovalchuk was still on this team.

I suppose he could be put on the second line with Rich Peverley and Evander Kane, but that sure does make a small line. They'll be pasted every game without a valid sniper or large body to create space.

You accuse Thrasher fans of not watching Oiler games or knowing anything about the players, but it seems readily apparent to me that the same is true of the Oiler fans posting in this thread in regards to the Thrashers.

This just isn't a good match right now. As stated above, the first thing this team needs to address is primary scoring. Playmakers aren't worth a damn if they have nobody to finish their passes.

This.

Also I would like to know why you want to give up Hemsky for draft picks if you value him so much? I would assume you would want proven players for him.

Old
06-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
I would probably do the original trade. Oilers are my 2nd favorite team and I think Hemsky is getting underrated here a bit. I would DEFINITELY trade our 24th pick if we are targeting a College Bound kid with that pick. (I doubt we are but I think waiting a potential 4 years is risky with this pick). Also I want no part of Versteeg!

Old
06-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Sabreality

i agree with underrating Hemsky..i'd LOVE to get him down here and would seriously consider the offer...the guy is a special talent.

not that interested in Versteeg

Old
06-13-2010, 01:01 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

What's up with the Hemsky hype? His career high is 23 goals lol and only got to 20 one other time. And he is injury prone. I don't want a soft player who can't score much like Hemsky and I wouldn't give up a 1st to acquire him. So much over rated going on here.

If your gona give me an injury prone soft guy give me Gaborik. At least he can score goals.

Old
06-13-2010, 01:16 PM
AintLifeGrand

I want Hemsky, but we would have to do some serious shuffling to accommodate him.

what about the ATL 8th, ATL 24th and Ivan Vishnevsky for MSP and Hemsky.

We basically "draft" a player who is more NHL ready than who we would normally draft at 8th overall by giving Edmonton our 8th overall pick. Edmonton can use the 8th to build up their D corps(Pysck, Forbort, Merill, maybe Gormley or Fowler will drop to 8 too), which lacks behind their burgeoning offensive juggernaut, which will be complemented by the likes of Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Linus Omark, and a handful of other bluechip prospects. The 24th and Ivan Vishnevsky would go for acquiring Hemsky.

Kane-Antropov-Bergfors
MSP-Peverley-Hemsky

Old
06-13-2010, 01:47 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Little > Hemsky and MSP though. I'm not ok with giving Little 3rd line time for someone worse.

Old
06-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Little > Hemsky and MSP though. I'm not ok with giving Little 3rd line time for someone worse.

Old
06-13-2010, 01:57 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

What makes Hemsky better than Little? Little isn't injury prone. Don't come up with that ******** excuse "ohh Hemsky plays with AHLers in Edmonton". Little plays with the Thrashers. Little hit 30 goals before and has only played 3 seasons. Little is younger by like 5 years. Little is better now and has a better future ahead.

I used to want Little traded. But that was because I was an idiot about the whole situation and was looking for players to blame last year. Like it or not Little is apart of this teams future and as much as you hate him, you gotta accept the fact that he isn't getting traded. No reason to trade him. Especially for someone worse.

Old
06-13-2010, 02:20 PM
AintLifeGrand

Little just falls into that group of generic top 6 wingers that have not and probably won't put it all together to be a productive NHL player i.e. Cogliano, Foligno, O'Sullivan, Schremp, etc.

He is boring, generic, unskilled, short, and mentally weak.

Old
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Little just falls into that group of generic top 6 wingers that have not and probably won't put it all together to be a productive NHL player i.e. Cogliano, Foligno, O'Sullivan, Schremp, etc.

He is boring, generic, unskilled, short, and mentally weak.
and has curly hair!

Old
06-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Sabreality

'as much as i hate him!?!?'

please dont put words in my mouth. this isnt about what i think Little is going to be.

MPS is a more highly thought of prospect than Little was...we'll see there.

Hemsky has multiple 70 pt season and has SICK skills and is entering his prime...but keep ranting about injury prone/overrated.

and how is Little involved in this trade, oh thats right he's not, you brought him into it with an absurd > opinion.

Old
06-13-2010, 02:53 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

First of all the 2nd part was for ALG not you.

2nd, Little is not in that group. He is 10x better than Coglianblows, Folignblows, and Blow Sulivan. He is 100000x better than Schremp.

Whatevs Everyone has their own opinion. I'm not here to start arguments just make my statements. Too many people hate on Little when he isn't the problem. He is apart of our young core (Kane, Little, Bergie, Bogo, Toby, Kulda) and our future players like Morin, Klinger, Cormier etc... We are going in the right direction, and I'm not for blowing it up by trading for fragiles.

When he scores 30 goals this year the wagon will be fulled right back up.

Old
06-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Sabreality

well i agree with some of that..not fair to lump him in with Shremp..he's more talented than Foligno (different skill set), 'good' O'Sullivan is a pretty apt comparison...still way too early to make proclaimations about Byrons ceiling..i still see him having a chance to develop into a solid two-way 60pt guy...but to say he's better than Hemsky is a push imho.

Old
06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Lux Aurumque*

No thanks. I've watched Hemsky for most of this season. I wouldn't want him playing in Atlanta.

Old
06-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
No thanks. I've watched Hemsky for most of this season. I wouldn't want him playing in Atlanta.
all 22 games

Hemsky scores at a .80/ppg rate throughout his career, is a dangerous PP performer and he wont hurt you defensively...now 27 entering his prime....i'd love to have him, he'd immediately become our most dangerous Top 6 player and is fairly signed for another 2 years.

Closed Thread