HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Hemsky plus for your 2 first round picks.

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

vCash: 500
You guys are really under-valuing Hemsky. He's worth more than an 8th imo so if we can get him with it that that's a steal for Dudley. He's a playmaker, something we haven't had since Savard.

Old
06-13-2010, 04:14 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Obviously people are underrating him, but I don't think he's worth the 8th overall pick. If it was a mid rounder then yeah maybe. And the injury history scares me a lot.

Old
06-13-2010, 04:37 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

to be fair, someone has to score for Edmonton. They got a weak team. I wouldn't be surprised if Slater had 20+ goals with Edmonton.

Old
06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
to be fair, someone has to score for Edmonton. They got a weak team. I wouldn't be surprised if Slater had 20+ goals with Edmonton.
I was going to reply to each and every one of your posts with a long, hearty reply, but after reading this one I realized it would be utterly pointless. You're either the most uneducated poster on these boards or you've never had the opportunity to watch the Oilers or Hemsky in your life, it's sad that you seem to think you have the ability to keep up in an argument about Hemmer.

A talent like Hemsky isn't going to be traded for the 8th overall, just stop man. Tambellini would be burned at the stake for trading him for that, even with the Oilers at the beginning of a rebuild. You don't trade a proven first-liner for an 18-year-old kid. The fact that you wouldn't trade the 24th overall for Hemsky is embarrassing to be honest. Bring it to the trade rumour boards if you really think that Hemsky isn't worth a late first-rounder.

Old
06-13-2010, 06:11 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

We have our own opinion. I think Hemsky is average.

And why would I randomly watch an Oilers game? I'm not an Oilers fan nor do I care for the team.

Old
06-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
We have our own opinion. I think Hemsky is average.

And why would I randomly watch an Oilers game? I'm not an Oilers fan nor do I care for the team.
So you're agreeing with me then that you have no idea what you're talking about with Hemsky?

Old
06-13-2010, 06:33 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

So wait, you think that an injury-prone, playmaking winger that will at best be a PPG guy, is worth way more then the 8th pick?

Old
06-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
So wait, you think that an injury-prone, playmaking winger that will at best be a PPG guy, is worth way more then the 8th pick?
A top line right winger on a sick salary > the 8th overall pick. Especially from the Oilers perspective considering Hemsky's value to the team, you wouldn't get Hemsky for an unproven 18 year old. The very best case scenario, the pick would probably end up being just as good as Hemsky. Now you just have to wait 5 years for the kid to develop, and that's only if the player does end up becoming a top liner like Hemsky.

Old
06-13-2010, 07:30 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
A top line right winger on a sick salary > the 8th overall pick. Especially from the Oilers perspective considering Hemsky's value to the team, you wouldn't get Hemsky for an unproven 18 year old. The very best case scenario, the pick would probably end up being just as good as Hemsky. Now you just have to wait 5 years for the kid to develop, and that's only if the player does end up becoming a top liner like Hemsky.
O..kay...

The Thrashers have had very little injury problems the last few years, so why would we want to add someone that might not be playing half the time? Why would we want to sacrifice our future for someone like that?

At best the kid becomes better then Hemsky. Even though that is very unlikely we just don't know. We are not going to sacrifice our future though for a guy like Hemsky.

Why would you guys want to trade him anyways? Do ya'll want to rebuild for another 5 years?

Old
06-13-2010, 07:30 PM
AintLifeGrand

uh y'all.... has the fact that Jermey "Scorin" Morin will be on this team within 2 years. Are you also aware that his shot currently would put him in the upper echelon of NHL players, can y'all imagine Hemsky feeding him on the PP...ummm excuse me while i try to find a cure for my blue balls. A PP of Kane, Morin, Hemsky, Bogosian and Antropov would be the most **** diesel special teams crew to ever hit the ice at the bulb.

Morin could probably score at least 30 his rookie year with a line mate like Hemsky.

Just somethin for y'all to chew on.

Old
06-13-2010, 07:43 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Nope... Hesmky will be watching from the press box.

Old
06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
O..kay...

The Thrashers have had very little injury problems the last few years, so why would we want to add someone that might not be playing half the time? Why would we want to sacrifice our future for someone like that?
First of all, how do the Thrashers injury problems correlate to Hemsky's at all?

Quote:
At best the kid becomes better then Hemsky. Even though that is very unlikely we just don't know. We are not going to sacrifice our future though for a guy like Hemsky.
The odds of him being better than Hemsky are pretty slim, without even considering the time it would take for the prospect to develop if he were to reach Hemsky's talent level. So how in the hell would you be sacrificing your future by trading for him? How does that make any sense at all?

Quote:
Why would you guys want to trade him anyways?
I definitely don't, I'm just arguing his value as to higher than that of the eighth overall pick, and for some hilarious reason a late first round pick.

Quote:
Nope... Hesmky will be watching from the press box.
Oh man, I wish I could add to an argument like you can. I don't know where these boards would be without you.

Old
06-13-2010, 09:09 PM
TOAONCBA

There is no denying Hemsky is an extremely talented player and I would love to have him here. Based on talent alone I'd even do the 8th + 2nd/Vish straight up for him. However, we've seen too many star players leave town since this franchise began. The fact he only has 2 years left on his deal makes me say no. I think we need to stick to building from within.

Old
06-13-2010, 09:10 PM
rockinghockey

Yes, Hemsky was injured this year but injuries do happen to players that do not shy away from contact. The only reason why I would put Hemsky in a proposal is because we are rebuilding and I think that we should go with picks and at 8th there is a player that will help this team out in 3 to 4 years. Atl needs to win now to get its fans to watch games. Edm came in last this year and still sold out every game. The fans here are willing to do a proper rebuild. Atl has to win now and Hemsky can help with that.

You are not going to get Hemsky and Penner for both your picks. They are both worth a lot more than that.

Old
06-14-2010, 07:13 AM
KevFist
is best pony

We seem yo have a typical overvalue/undervalue thing going on here. Hemsky's a great player, and would help this team no doubt. However, like ASF, I'm concerned about his injury-proneness... Edmonton doesn't seem to be in cap trouble, being 5 mil under the cap with a ton of RFAs to resign. With all the younguns EDM has, I don't understand why they'd want to get rid of Hemsky, unless it's because of his injury issues.

I'd give EDM the 24th overall, 3rd or 4th round pick, Vishnevsky, and Esposito.

Old
06-14-2010, 08:30 AM
jazznik
Thrashers forever

Can't believe how much some people are undervaluing Hemsky in this thread. The guy's a legit top line winger. If we got hold of him he would instantly become our best forward. The only question mark about him is his injury history.

Those who wouldn't trade our 8th pick for Hemsky are seriously overvaluing draft picks. Yes there is a chance that the 8th pick becomes a stud and turns into an elite player, but it's a very small chance. If the 8th pick turns out to be as good as Hemsky, the scouts and GM who drafted that player will be doing cartwheels of joy.

As many have said, we already have a great young core and some good prospects so we can afford to move picks this year for a legit forward that can step in now. I'm not saying we should throw the 8th pick away, but if it helps get a great player we should do it. Kane, Little, Bergfors, Morin, Klingberg, Machacek should all be around for a while, add in guys like Esposito, O'Dell, Albert and Leveille who should have a chance to make the team and you can see we are not lacking in young talent. The opportunity to add a proven top line player to that group is something well worth the 8th pick and more.

Old
06-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznik View Post
Can't believe how much some people are undervaluing Hemsky in this thread. The guy's a legit top line winger. If we got hold of him he would instantly become our best forward. The only question mark about him is his injury history.

Those who wouldn't trade our 8th pick for Hemsky are seriously overvaluing draft picks. Yes there is a chance that the 8th pick becomes a stud and turns into an elite player, but it's a very small chance. If the 8th pick turns out to be as good as Hemsky, the scouts and GM who drafted that player will be doing cartwheels of joy.

As many have said, we already have a great young core and some good prospects so we can afford to move picks this year for a legit forward that can step in now. I'm not saying we should throw the 8th pick away, but if it helps get a great player we should do it. Kane, Little, Bergfors, Morin, Klingberg, Machacek should all be around for a while, add in guys like Esposito, O'Dell, Albert and Leveille who should have a chance to make the team and you can see we are not lacking in young talent. The opportunity to add a proven top line player to that group is something well worth the 8th pick and more.
agreed 100%

Old
06-14-2010, 12:09 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Ryan Johansen/ Niederreiter > Hemsky

Old
06-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
You guys dont get to watch the Oilers too often do you? Both Penner and Hemsky are getting severely underrated in this thread.
I would imagine that Oilers fans don't watch the Thrashers much either.

Hemsky is a skilled player, but the Thrashers need to use their #8 and #24 picks to expand their base of young talent. We want a block of guys under 25 who can mature and contend together. Trading picks for Hemsky just ages the roster unnecessarily.

In fact, I think this could be the last draft where Atlanta picks in the top 10 because guys like Morin and Klingberg are about to graduate to the NHL. I want to see the franchise keep both and then use some of that cap space to perhaps take on a salary dump player to bridge the gap over the next year or two.

Last edited by Enstrom39: 06-14-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old
06-14-2010, 04:34 PM
misfit

Quote:
Ryan Johansen/ Niederreiter > Hemsky
Wow.

Old
06-14-2010, 04:36 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Wow.
Agreed.

Old
06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
JustinW

Quote:
Obviously people are underrating him, but I don't think he's worth the 8th overall pick. If it was a mid rounder then yeah maybe. And the injury history scares me a lot.
Wow you guys really overrate draft picks.

Old
06-14-2010, 05:06 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
Wow you guys really overrate draft picks.
Not really when you consider that the next few years of drafts are supposed to be slim pickins....

Old
06-14-2010, 05:31 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Not really when you consider that the next few years of drafts are supposed to be slim pickins....
Wouldn't that mean you would want to trade picks in shallow drafts for proven players?

Old
06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
Wouldn't that mean you would want to trade picks in shallow drafts for proven players?
You would....Meaning after this draft...The next few drafts are kinda shallow.

Closed Thread