HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Why are the Bolts so hesistant in trading Vinny?

Old
06-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
One phrase: penalty free buy-out period. I know it's only an outside chance 1-2 years down the road, but it could make other GM's willing to trade for him.
If Vinny comes out and plays like one of the best players in the world next season like he can nobody will be talking about that.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Moobles

Only a few teams in this league can claim to having two #1 centers anchoring their top two lines. One of them (Pittsburgh) won a cup just last year .

Lecavalier's contract isn't mobile, so the return is always going to be sub-par; likely deadweight salary coming back or prospects. What's the point? With the two center spots locked up it's one less thing a GM has to worry about.

Moobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19brichards91 View Post
Wrong! Yzerman has a choice. He either wants to trade Vinny or he doesn't. And he's chosen he doesn't! Lecavalier, like I said before, respects him and if Yzerman does want to trade him he'll let him know. He might have a NMC, but no player is going to stick around where they aren't wanted. Even w/ Lawton he hadn't come to Lecavalier and told him they wanted to trade him (last season). But Vinny did say if he were to come to him, he would list 5 teams that he would be willing to be moved to and they would take it from there. Maybe this is just me, but the NMC means nothing more than just that. Lecavalier is not going to make himself look like a ****** and "screw" over the organization but refusing to be traded.

And as for anyone who is talking about his play for the past TWO seasons, he has had 3 consecutive summers of surgery. The 08-09 seasons he played injured (wrist injury & was coming off of shoulder surgery on the same arm)! Last season? Not sure what really happened. ...besides this:
It depends who is on the list of 5 teams that Vinny gives him.

There are only a handful of teams that would be willing to take on his contract, probably Toronto, Montreal and NY Rangers do it without thinking too hard and teams like Edmonton and Calgary would probably try to make it work out and after that there aren't too many teams that would even touch a contract like that because they can't afford it, it is too risky or they are happy with their top 2 centers.

If Vinny gives Yzerman a list with those 5 teams on it a deal can probably be had but if it is a list with Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Colorado and Phoenix on it probably not.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
That really doesn't sound like a whole lot, to be honest, especially since I've seen many Habs fans not exactly sad to see Pleks hit free agency.

Gainey went after Gomez, that was their "big fish" acquisition it seems, so I doubt Lecavalier's on their radar right now.
I believe they also wanted Markov

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
One phrase: penalty free buy-out period. I know it's only an outside chance 1-2 years down the road, but it could make other GM's willing to trade for him.
The player would still have to clear waivers wouldn't they? I don't see the NHLPA letting anyone get bought out unless they put them through waivers first and the penalty free buy-out period would be more for players like Horcoff and Redden. I wonder if they would have a draft afterwards or if the players became free agents?

Old
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
TBLHoser

Why hesitant to trade Vinny?.....Why does everyone think we NEED to?

As for the previous trade rumour about Vinny to Montreal, that was the previous slimeball owner and future cellmate Barrie's doing...

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Dgill

vCash: 50
What I understand from this thread...

Habs Fan - Want's Vinny, therefore TBL want Vinny out

TBL Fan - Want's Vinny, therefore Vinny is staying.

Dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The real question here, is why would the Lightning do something so stupid like trade Vincent Lecavalier who not only represents the face of the franchise, but the entire sports scene in Tampa.
Because you want to rebuild? They've hired a young coach, probably so he can be there for a long time. It's the best time as any to go young. They won't make the playoffs win Vinny anyway.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafmon View Post
I think Tamps missed the boat on the Habs last year because when they went the way of the smurfs the cap room disappeared.

What other possible takers are there now.
Also they would have had perhaps Subban in the deal.

The only way it could still work would be to have a Vinny - Gomez swap.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Also they would have had perhaps Subban in the deal.

The only way it could still work would be to have a Vinny - Gomez swap.
Plekanec and Spacek would work fine and Plekanec would be a better fit as a 2nd line center in Tampa. We would have to keep Gomez for another year or two but by then hopefully Leblanc will be ready to step in.

Old
06-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Picklepete

Send a message via AIM to Picklepete
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The hesitation is coming from 29 other GM's, Tampa Bay ownership and Yzerman are gladly willing to pack his bags if someone would take him off their hands.
Geezz I am getting freaking tired of all this made up stuff !!
Find me one quote / link ect that Yzerman said he wants Vinny traded..
You wont.
Let the Lightning keep him and we'll be fine.
Worry about your own damn team.

Picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 08:48 PM
19brichards91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepete View Post
Geezz I am getting freaking tired of all this made up stuff !!
Find me one quote / link ect that Yzerman said he wants Vinny traded..
You wont.
Let the Lightning keep him and we'll be fine.
Worry about your own damn team.
Haha, yeah I'm tired of the never ending Vinny trade rumors, as a fan. I can't even imagine how he feels. There's not anything that says Yzerman is shopping Vinny. In fact he said he isn't.
I know that it doesn't mean there won't be offers for Vinny, but at least for him knowing that his GM wants to keep him gives him confidence and he's able to enjoy his summer, for once. If he plays like he did this year (in the upcoming season), maybe Yzerman will reconsider and will look to trade him. But I'm sure Vinny knows this too and will be a better player next season.

19brichards91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Picklepete

Send a message via AIM to Picklepete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19brichards91 View Post
Haha, yeah I'm tired of the never ending Vinny trade rumors, as a fan. I can't even imagine how he feels. There's not anything that says Yzerman is shopping Vinny. In fact he said he isn't.
I know that it doesn't mean there won't be offers for Vinny, but at least for him knowing that his GM wants to keep him gives him confidence and he's able to enjoy his summer, for once. If he plays like he did this year (in the upcoming season), maybe Yzerman will reconsider and will look to trade him. But I'm sure Vinny knows this too and will be a better player next season.
Yeah, all the Montreal fans complain about him but still want to trade for him.
Well, at a season holder event 2 yrs back I directly asked if it was your choice to stay in Tampa or sign with Montreal what would u chose ?

He said he wants to stay in Tampa... Then signed the contract !!
He said the Montreal Press / fans get all to crazy for him.
I agree.

How about all you guys leave us have Vinny and forget about it.
Geezz..

Picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He has been passed by Stamkos.
Yeahhh no.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:04 PM
slip

The problem with Lecavalier is his massive contract. The teams with the cap space can't afford his actual salary, and the teams with the resources to pay him don't have the cap space.

Ergo, he's staying put.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Tline250

I think vinny is on the block, but who wants a 70 points player at 7.3 millions on the cap.

Tline250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:24 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Can somebody please point out one valid link that says that Vinny is on the block?

The owner of the team said he wasn't looking to trade him, ditto the GM. Yzerman took the time while in Montreal to meet with Boucher to track down Vinny and reassure him that he isn't being shopped and to talk to him about being the captain of the team.

If a great offer is made, then yes Yzerman will approach Vinny about waiving the NMC. Or at least we would hope so. That is his job. That is vastly different than "ooh, Tampa needs to shed salary, they must be shopping Vinny, lets offer some sort of crap" and then come here and wonder why Lightning fans aren't jumping for joy at the latest Lecavalier trade proposal.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Tline250

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Can somebody please point out one valid link that says that Vinny is on the block?

The owner of the team said he wasn't looking to trade him, ditto the GM. Yzerman took the time while in Montreal to meet with Boucher to track down Vinny and reassure him that he isn't being shopped and to talk to him about being the captain of the team.

If a great offer is made, then yes Yzerman will approach Vinny about waiving the NMC. Or at least we would hope so. That is his job. That is vastly different than "ooh, Tampa needs to shed salary, they must be shopping Vinny, lets offer some sort of crap" and then come here and wonder why Lightning fans aren't jumping for joy at the latest Lecavalier trade proposal.
And where you'll find the money next year for signing Stamkos, maybe you prefer vinny to Stamkos...

Tline250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

The numbers have already been provided on the trade board. The fact that we have a new owner who hasn't put an internal cap on the team and is willing to spend to get a winning team has been discussed. Tampa Bay will be fine. We'll keep both of them, thanks.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Robert Theodorson

With a good coach and a good winger Vinny is still a 100 point player

Unfortunately Tampa's coaching sucks and Marty St. Louis and Stamkos playing together makes for a better option right now.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2010, 10:41 PM
19brichards91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tline250 View Post
And where you'll find the money next year for signing Stamkos, maybe you prefer vinny to Stamkos...
Wow! Don't you think that Yzerman thought of this before he went to Vinny and gave him his word? He MUST HAVE - he's not one of the cowboys! Considering one of the first things he said when he was hired here was that on top of his priority-list is to re-sign Stamkos. The guy has a plan, stop messing w/ it.
P.S. We prefer both.

19brichards91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 12:42 AM
Falconator

I wish Vinny was on my team, he's a great player! 326 goals 413 assists 739 pts in 869 games, wow very similar number to Markus Naslund with Vancouver 882 games 346 goals 410 assists 756 pts.

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Rschmitz

The Lightning have the funds to keep all of their players and possibly add to that mix this offseason.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 01:47 AM
solitary

Vinny is recovering from a couple injury plagued seasons, he'll come around eventually. He is arguably still the best player on the lightning

solitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 02:51 AM
alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
With a good coach and a good winger Vinny is still a 100 point player

Unfortunately Tampa's coaching sucks and Marty St. Louis and Stamkos playing together makes for a better option right now.
Tampa hired a new coach last week, and he already sucks?

Such insight....

Agree w/ the first paragraph though

alexander is offline   Reply With Quote