HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

As per Bob McKenzie's segment on the Team 990

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2010, 09:00 PM
  #201
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimono View Post
@ノハ@
( д)つ   kapowwww!!
(( (⊃  (⌒) ))
   (__ノ
Now, I'm not saying this to be mean, really, but I think your keyboard input is set to "retard".

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:03 PM
  #202
sukimono
Registered User
 
sukimono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PQ
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Now, I'm not saying this to be mean, really, but I think your keyboard input is set to "retard".
I blame ASCII.

Keep the debate going though i'm easily entertained

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:31 PM
  #203
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimono View Post
I blame ASCII.

Keep the debate going though i'm easily entertained
Haha, good stuff. BTW, every time I see your username, I think of tsukemono (pronunciation is way closer than the spelling would suggest), which are the (often) crazy coloured pickles you get with your rice everywhere in Japan. Damn, I miss the food.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:43 PM
  #204
captain_kourageous
 
captain_kourageous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Why are you guys talking about Malone when Horton is available?
Exactly what I was thinking.

I'd take Horton over Plekanec anyday.

captain_kourageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:50 PM
  #205
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_kourageous View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

I'd take Horton over Plekanec anyday.
Horton isn't even being used as a C regularly in Florida.

Those who want us to get Horton are nothing but stats ******. The guy plays softer than Pouliot.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:52 PM
  #206
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_kourageous View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

I'd take Horton over Plekanec anyday.
Horton is about as physical as a kitten. He and Penner are big guys, but they don't use their size in a punishing way. At least Penner stands in front of the net.

Malone's goal scoring ability is a little less than Horton's, but he's what we need more than Horton.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 02:55 PM
  #207
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Horton is about as physical as a kitten. He and Penner are big guys, but they don't use their size in a punishing way. At least Penner stands in front of the net.

Malone's goal scoring ability is a little less than Horton's, but he's what we need more than Horton.
/This

Horton has yet to play the way everyone envisioned him doing. Also, it is unlikely that JM would recommend him to the organization...

In considering cap space, team needs and JM's system, Malone is a better fit and a cheaper one at that....


Last edited by Sargent Pepper*: 06-16-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 03:39 PM
  #208
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Horton is about as physical as a kitten. He and Penner are big guys, but they don't use their size in a punishing way. At least Penner stands in front of the net.

Malone's goal scoring ability is a little less than Horton's, but he's what we need more than Horton.
I agree, though Penner and Horton score and have very good size, they don't play big like a Hartnell. Their size gives them an advantage in traffic and protecting the puck though. AK is grittier/more physical than either of those guys.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:13 PM
  #209
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
I agree with everyone that's said that Malone is closer to what we need then Horton.

The thing about Malone is that he is really gritty, he don't take crap from people, goes to the rough areas, cycles well, has a good enough scoring touch to play top-6 minutes all season. I think realisticly we have to trade A.K in order to make this work salary cap wise, but by all means: Ryan Malone is a massive upgrade from A.K (on this team, as it stands right now).

Pouliot needs another shot at the top 6, imo.. Give him until December, if he can't produce adequately then we need to look into acquiring another top 6 player as well.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
  #210
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I agree with everyone that's said that Malone is closer to what we need then Horton.

The thing about Malone is that he is really gritty, he don't take crap from people, goes to the rough areas, cycles well, has a good enough scoring touch to play top-6 minutes all season. I think realisticly we have to trade A.K in order to make this work salary cap wise, but by all means: Ryan Malone is a massive upgrade from A.K (on this team, as it stands right now).

Pouliot needs another shot at the top 6, imo.. Give him until December, if he can't produce adequately then we need to look into acquiring another top 6 player as well.
So a grand package than involving Malone and Akost...

Ryan Malone
Lashoff
2010 2nd pick

For

Akost
Halak/Price

We exchange wingers

They get their goalie while giving us a big dman who can skate and step in next year after Hamrlik and Gill is gone

I would love their 2010 first round pick but I simply can't see Stevie Y in his first year as GM trading away a 6th overall pick...

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:25 PM
  #211
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I agree with everyone that's said that Malone is closer to what we need then Horton.

The thing about Malone is that he is really gritty, he don't take crap from people, goes to the rough areas, cycles well, has a good enough scoring touch to play top-6 minutes all season. I think realisticly we have to trade A.K in order to make this work salary cap wise, but by all means: Ryan Malone is a massive upgrade from A.K (on this team, as it stands right now).

Pouliot needs another shot at the top 6, imo.. Give him until December, if he can't produce adequately then we need to look into acquiring another top 6 player as well.
If TB needs cap room for 2010-2011 for Stamkos' extension plus possibly extending St.Louis, maybe they would try AK for a year hoping he bounces back in return for Malone, but we'd have to add a pick or prospect.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:31 PM
  #212
BulldogFever
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
I like this trade!

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:35 PM
  #213
Sargent Pepper*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
So a grand package than involving Malone and Akost...

Ryan Malone
Lashoff
2010 2nd pick

For

Akost
Halak/Price

We exchange wingers

They get their goalie while giving us a big dman who can skate and step in next year after Hamrlik and Gill is gone

I would love their 2010 first round pick but I simply can't see Stevie Y in his first year as GM trading away a 6th overall pick...
So far, ever trade with TB I saw included their 1st round pick...I seriously doubt too that they will trade that pick...

I like this offer.....and I think it makes sense for TB as well.....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:37 PM
  #214
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
So far, ever trade with TB I saw included their 1st round pick...I seriously doubt too that they will trade that pick...

I like this offer.....and I think it makes sense for TB as well.....
LOL! TO THE MAIN BOARDS I GO!!! heheh

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:39 PM
  #215
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
DO NOT trade Price!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:43 PM
  #216
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
DO NOT trade Price!
Its ok I proposed Halak on the main boards!!! I just hope Yzerman likes my offer and doesn't try to get Price instead

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
  #217
clarke19
Registered User
 
clarke19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
I don't like the idea of giving Tampa AKost AND Halak/Price and only getting Malone+Lashoff and a pick in return.

AKost himself has potential to be a much better producer then Malone, though he isn't what we need, he still can be a valuable asset. Him with Halak and Price, I want more value then Malone, a 2nd, and Lashoff. I don't know much about Lashoff though, can someone give me a quick scouting report?

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:52 PM
  #218
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
Here is what I propose


To SJ - Spacek (to replace Blake) Halak (to replace nabokov)
Gives SJ the cap relief to sign Marleau as well

To Montreal

Clowe

Second trade

To Edmonton - AK SK - reunite SK with Gagne an add Ak to his other wing.
To Montreal - Penner

Sign Plekanec at 4.5

New Montreal top six

Gionta Gomez Penner
Clowe Plekanec Cammalleri

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:54 PM
  #219
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Here is what I propose


To SJ - Spacek (to replace Blake) Halak (to replace nabokov)
Gives SJ the cap relief to sign Marleau as well

To Montreal

Clowe

Second trade

To Edmonton - AK SK - reunite SK with Gagne an add Ak to his other wing.
To Montreal - Penner

Sign Plekanec at 4.5

New Montreal top six

Gionta Gomez Penner
Clowe Plekanec Cammalleri
halak and spacek is a **** load to give up for clowe. i'm not even sure i would do it straight up for halak. clowe is a tough 20 goal scorer with 0 wheels. he did nothing compared to halak in the playoffs. i like him but not necessarily for halak. imo SJ would have to add NOT us

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
  #220
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
I don't like the idea of giving Tampa AKost AND Halak/Price and only getting Malone+Lashoff and a pick in return.

AKost himself has potential to be a much better producer then Malone, though he isn't what we need, he still can be a valuable asset. Him with Halak and Price, I want more value then Malone, a 2nd, and Lashoff. I don't know much about Lashoff though, can someone give me a quick scouting report?
Although I agree with you 100 percent!

I try to make my proposals realistic...in most cases they turn into MTL being undervalued simply because of the nature of the beast being HFBoards

You post something of fair value...no one really bites...you undervalue...you get a thread worth 20 pages...you overvalue...

you become a typical MTL fan who overvalues and before you can go to the washroom to take a piss...voila you have somehow traded P.K. Subban, an overnight scrub, to some armchair GM screaming bloody murder at his respective GM's house lol

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:59 PM
  #221
clarke19
Registered User
 
clarke19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Although I agree with you 100 percent!

I try to make my proposals realistic...in most cases they turn into MTL being undervalued simply because of the nature of the beast being HFBoards

You post something of fair value...no one really bites...you undervalue...you get a thread worth 20 pages...you overvalue...

you become a typical MTL fan who overvalues and before you can go to the washroom to take a piss...voila you have somehow traded P.K. Subban, an overnight scrub, to some armchair GM screaming bloody murder at his respective GM's house lol
I see what your saying. It's also a trade that is a lot more likely to happen given Montreal's need for a top 6 forward with size that uses it, Gauthier may end up overpaying. But I'd like to see Lashoff switched with Carton Ashton, if it was an option.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 05:59 PM
  #222
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Here is what I propose


To SJ - Spacek (to replace Blake) Halak (to replace nabokov)
Gives SJ the cap relief to sign Marleau as well

To Montreal

Clowe

Second trade

To Edmonton - AK SK - reunite SK with Gagne an add Ak to his other wing.
To Montreal - Penner

Sign Plekanec at 4.5

New Montreal top six

Gionta Gomez Penner
Clowe Plekanec Cammalleri
Though it helps our top 6, we overapy for Clowe, I'm sure we'd want a young player or pick added there...I don't think we'd do Halak for Clowe straight up. Spacek gets rid of salary but his contract is not bad so he should not hurt the value SJ is getting.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 09:12 PM
  #223
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
So a grand package than involving Malone and Akost...

Ryan Malone
Lashoff
2010 2nd pick

For

Akost
Halak/Price

We exchange wingers

They get their goalie while giving us a big dman who can skate and step in next year after Hamrlik and Gill is gone

I would love their 2010 first round pick but I simply can't see Stevie Y in his first year as GM trading away a 6th overall pick...
The idea of trading for a guy like Malone would be to add another top 6 winger. If we use Kostitsyn to get him, we'll be trading away one of our current top 6 wingers. Doesn't make sense to me.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 09:18 PM
  #224
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
The idea of trading for a guy like Malone would be to add another top 6 winger. If we use Kostitsyn to get him, we'll be trading away one of our current top 6 wingers. Doesn't make sense to me.
The problem is AK isn't top six consistently.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 09:19 PM
  #225
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
The idea of trading for a guy like Malone would be to add another top 6 winger. If we use Kostitsyn to get him, we'll be trading away one of our current top 6 wingers. Doesn't make sense to me.
It would only if the W we acquire is A LOT better that AK, wich isnt the case with Malone...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.