HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF Gm.5: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Bolts 4-2 l Bolts Lead 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
ECF Gm.5: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Bolts 4-2 l Bolts Lead 3-2

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS -- -- GM. 5

VS

Philadelphia Flyers

vs.

Tampa Bay Lightning

Series Tied 2-2 (ESPN)

Philadelphia Flyers 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results

Tampa Bay Lightning 2003-2004 Complete Schedule/Results

REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

Philadelphia Flyers: 40-21-15-6, 101 points.
*1st Place in Atlantic Division, 3rd Place in Eastern Conference.*
vs.
Tampa Bay Lightning: 46-22-8-6, 106 points.
*1st Place in Southeast Division, 1st Place in Eastern Conference.*

How they got here:

Tampa Beat the Islanders in 5 - Series Page

Tampa Swept Montreal - Series Page

------------------------------------

Flyers disposed of Devils in 5 - Series Page

Flyers beat Leafs in 6 - Series Page

@ The St. Pete Times Forum l Tampa, FL

TuesdaY, May 18th, 2004, 7:30 pm ET.
TV: ESPN2/CBC

GAME 1: PHI 1, @ TAM 3
Recap | Box Score

GAME 2: PHI 6, @ TAM 2
Recap | Box Score

GAME 3: TAM 4,@ PHI 1
Recap | Box Score

GAME 4: TAM 2, @ PHI 3
Recap | Box Score

*GAME 5: PHI, @ TAM
Recap | Box Score

*GAME 6: TAM , @ PHI
Thu, May 20 - 7:30 PM

*GAME 7: PHI, @ TAM
Sat, May 22 - 7:00 PM

* - if necessary
All times Eastern

Live Score!

IMPORTANT GAMEDAY LINKS!!

*Live Game Audio
*ESPN LIVE Scoreboard
*Live NHL Scoreboard
*Live General Sports Scoreboard
*Yahoo Flyers Page
*Yahoo Tampa Page
*Sportsline Flyers Page
*Sportsline Tampa Page
*Yahoo NHL Photo Gallery
*Sportsline NHL Photo Gallery

(***Please note that some links will only work on GAME DAY***)

Old
05-18-2004, 05:56 AM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Keep it Clean, No Personal Shots because We're not going to hesitate to hand out bans and other appropriate actions. If you say something that you think could be against the rules, don't post it.

We do not want to have to keep closing the GDT's. This is supposed to be fun, not a virtual mud-slinging match

Old
05-18-2004, 09:20 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I think the Flyers will win tonight. TB seems to be focused on containing Primeau. I think by doing that it's going to leave guys that are more dangerous with the puck like Zhamnov, Recchi, Leclair, Amonte and Kapanen wide open to take advantage of the Bolts overplaying Primeau. Defense has to be solid as normal and Esche needs to help out with a big game. It would be huge for the Flyers to come home with 3-2 series lead.

Flyers 5
Bolts 3

Old
05-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I am going with the whole lose-win-lose-win pattern. I think Bolts get a shut out tonight, 3-0.

Old
05-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Steve L*

No predictions from me but all Im hoping for are no more head injuries from Tuckeresque leaping cheapshots.

For some reason, I dont have a good feeling about tonight.

Old
05-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
No predictions from me but all Im hoping for are no more head injuries from Tuckeresque leaping cheapshots.

For some reason, I dont have a good feeling about tonight.
Relax! I am 9 - 0 when predicting in the postseason and think the Flyers win tonight. I know this goes aganist my Bolts in 6 call but I have yet to be wrong when I get this feeling. And let me tell you what, I have that feeling very strongly right now.

Old
05-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Relax! I am 9 - 0 when predicting in the postseason and think the Flyers win tonight. I know this goes aganist my Bolts in 6 call but I have yet to be wrong when I get this feeling. And let me tell you what, I have that feeling very strongly right now.
Well I hope youre right but my feeling also includes another injury. Also, when the Flyers are shown on the channel that they are tonight, they have a terrible record, theyre something like .200 The even worse thing is they have the Finals as well. :mad:

Old
05-18-2004, 12:33 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Just to reiterate what Drury said...

I don't enjoy having to close these threads after every game...but it's been necessary. It's not fair to the group as a whole that a few bad apples are ruining it for everyone. If someone says something that really irks you...PM the offender, and carry on your squabbling there. Doing so in the thread is going to get you banned, and this is a lousy time of year to get banned. There's a lot of exciting hockey going on, and there's no reason civil discussion can't take place. This goes just as much for the instigators as it does for the reactionary. Just...take a minute to think about what you say...before you say it. Think to yourself, "If i was a Bolts\Flyers fan...would this piss ME off?" Use some discretion, because while i've been lenient up til now, that's clearly not working. This is to be considered an official warning, and any failure to stay within the guidelines of respectful conversation will face the consequences, and I really don't want it to come to that, because...as I said...this should be a great time of year to talk hockey.

thanks in advance,

nmk

Old
05-18-2004, 12:47 PM
DARKSIDE

To quote Joe Torre, the 5th game of a 7 game series is usually the most important one. Let's hope for a great game a good luck to both teams!

Old
05-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Man im so nervous, this is such a crucial game, the winner will go through for sure, GO TAMPA

Old
05-18-2004, 01:21 PM
VinnyVinnyVici

Send a message via ICQ to VinnyVinnyVici
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
I think the Flyers will win tonight. TB seems to be focused on containing Primeau.
What have you read or seen (from anywhere other than the Philly media or ESPN, which seem to be one and the same lately) which indicates this? Everything I've read from the Tampa players and beat writers suggests the opposite - that the Bolts acknowledge that Primeau is a bona fide threat, but that they just have to do their overall team jobs better and can't worry about any one player. Especially given the fact that as good as Primeau may be, he can't be on the ice for Philly for 60 minutes.

Primed for Primeau

Quote:
"We're not going to change," left wing Fredrik Modin said. "We respect what he's doing out there. He's a good player. We just have to be aware of him when he's out there and take away time and space."
Should be one hell of a game tonight. I'd be there, if I wasn't stuck in Detroit.

-----
GO BOLTS!!
Bulin Wall

MISSION XVI METER: |X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X| | | | | | |

Old
05-18-2004, 01:59 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
this is a huge game with the winner in the driver seat to move on. the Flyers are great in these preasure situations so far. I think that the game will be tight and full of anxioty for both sides.

and as far as that article about Primeau and the Lightning players saying that they are not going to play any differently. well, I hope they don't because if Preems is on, you can't stop him...you can only hope to contain him.

LET'S GO FLYERS!

Last edited by FlyersGuy69: 05-18-2004 at 02:04 PM.
Old
05-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Hockeyfan02

I think both sides are a bit nervous going into this game as it is a HUGE make or break game. Going down 3-2 and having to win a game on the others road ice to win the series is a huge task. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt nervous at all going in because I am a bit nervous going into tonights game. Lightning have to play as Brad Richards put it "the game of their lives" tonight. This series should be great the rest of the way. I cant wait to get to the Forum and for this game to start. It should be a good one. Go Bolts!

Old
05-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Donnie D

I'm nervous and I'm just going to be sitting in the Ice Palace watching. I also hope the team isn't as "down" as I have been about Saturday's game or they are doomed. Saturday was a game that Tampa had the opportunity to control in the first 10 minutes when they scored early and had 2 additional power play chances. Credit the Flyers for killing off the 4 minutes and seizing on several poor choices by Tampa.

Both teams fans have been correct in their assessments of this series, they are just looking at it through their team's rose colored glasses. With the exception of game 2, the loser has been able to say that their team played well enough to win but that they made one or two mistakes that cost them the game.

I expect both teams to be very tight tonight, trying not to make that first mistake. I hope the Bolts win, but I wouldn't want to bet very much on either side.

Old
05-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulin Wall
What have you read or seen (from anywhere other than the Philly media or ESPN, which seem to be one and the same lately) which indicates this? Everything I've read from the Tampa players and beat writers suggests the opposite - that the Bolts acknowledge that Primeau is a bona fide threat
Torts himself said they had talks on containing Primeau but he wouldnt say what was said.

Old
05-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
Torts himself said they had talks on containing Primeau but he wouldnt say what was said.

Actually to quote Tort more exactly he said that no, they wouldnt be altering their game plan for Primeau, hes just one player. When pressed though he admitted that there would of course be minor adjustments made to compensate for him, but not more then anyone else.
The only way I can see Tampa overcompensating for Primeau is if individual players let him get to their heads and they divert from their game plan.

Old
05-18-2004, 04:13 PM
VinnyVinnyVici

Send a message via ICQ to VinnyVinnyVici
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Carlson
The only way I can see Tampa overcompensating for Primeau is if individual players let him get to their heads and they divert from their game plan.
I agree, Dave. And if the Bolts are stupid enough to let that happen, then they'll get what they deserve - a loss. I think that they realize this.

Play your game, don't get suckered into playing the opposition's game, and you win the series. Just ask the Calgary Flames.

-----
GO BOLTS!!
Bulin Wall

MISSION XVI METER: |X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X| | | | | | |

Old
05-18-2004, 04:58 PM
rwilson99

Quote:
Saw the press conference and Torts didn't answer the question. While Prims has been amazing in the series their is nothing in the press that substantiates the alleged Lightning obsession with Primeau.

If the Lightning play their game they win, mental toughness in the key. In recent years, Flyers' history has been ugly in similar situations... while the Lightning have no history as has been mentioned ad nasuem.

Should be fun, don't bet the rent money on either team. Even if you win... you'll probably ruin your pants at some point during the game.

Old
05-18-2004, 06:31 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
prediction 4-1 Tampa.

12-3 predicting games in the playoffs, including 11 of my last 12

Wearing my Flyers jersey though!

Here's to a win!

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
05-18-2004, 06:48 PM
HuskyFlames

What a WEAK call on Sydor.

Old
05-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Mighty Duck Fan

Bolts up.

1-0.

Old
05-18-2004, 07:15 PM
HuskyFlames

OMG if St/ Louis wants to get into the scrum he better stop swinging his stick. Little turd, use your fists not your stick. What a wuzz.

Old
05-18-2004, 07:18 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
OMG if St/ Louis wants to get into the scrum he better stop swinging his stick. Little turd, use your fists not your stick. What a wuzz.
Recchi was mad after him, he wanted to beat the **** outta him.

Old
05-18-2004, 07:19 PM
HuskyFlames

The guy needs to keep his stick down PERIOD or stay out of the cricle where the big boys push.

Old
05-18-2004, 07:21 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
The guy needs to keep his stick down PERIOD or stay out of the cricle where the big boys push.
ah but I was agreeing with you St-louis instigated the brawl, if he wouldn't have interfered between Primeau and Kubina?. It was probably all over...

Closed Thread