HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers @ Bolts 7:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2004, 09:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
your predictions are very accurate....are you a witch?

I hope not because bad things are in store for Game 6

Old
05-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Teezax

vCash: 500
John Leclair not only *** sucks, he *** stinks. He's useless to this team and is really the only person not playing with nay intensity. It's a shame, we can really use his size as an advantage down low. I thought we ended the game playing real well, it's that kind of effort we need for 60 minutes to stand a chance at going to Stanley's backyard. Bulin had a real sharp game, but he is beatable. I'm sure we win next game in Philly, Tampa looked exhausted after tonight, and a one day break is advantageous for us as these longer breaks are killing us and favoring the other teams. Get ready for game 7 on Saturday boyz, it's a guarantee.

Old
05-18-2004, 09:23 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Special teams win games in the playoffs! Bottom line!

Where are ours right now????
playing golf with Toronto, Ottawa and Jersey if they don't turn things around
but without Desjardin, Pitkanen and with an injured Johnsson, it looks bad for the PP

Old
05-18-2004, 09:25 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

I can't wait till LeClair is gone and Eager takes his place, finally some speed on the LW other than Gagne

Old
05-18-2004, 09:26 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

the 3rd period really couldn't of gone any better for us. We brought everything we possibly could have--Khabibulin just had answers for everything. The only chance that was frustrating because of bad execution was Gagne's chance in front, I think he should of had it in the net. Even if he scores, how do we beat him in overtime?

-If Kapanen stays on defense I want to see him do more of the skating into the offensive zone, great change of pace whenever he does that.

-Keep Primeau with Rado and Gagne, for sure

I think we proved to them that we can skate with them, put shots on goal. We're gonna win game six at home, game seven however, worries me

Old
05-18-2004, 09:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

This one will hurt. Some of the Flyers are gonna have to man it up to win 2 more games. Roenick, Zhamnov, Amonte, LeClair, Gagne. Time to come to play. We're not going to beat Tampa Bay 1-0. Flyers gotta stay out of the box. Melrose is talking about it right now on NHL2Nite, this is reminding me of the Toronto/LA WCF in 1993. LA goes down after losing game 5 in Toronto. LA wins game 6 in OT on a goal from Gretzky (or Robitalle I forget which now), then Wayne had a hat trick IN Toronto. Best players coming to play. Primeau is pulling his weight, lesser known guys like Radivojevic (who I think is over his head, is playing well), Markov, Malakhov, Johnsson had a strong game, Seidenberg I think looked good. Despite losing and not showing up for 35 minutes, there is a whole lot of positives...now if we can only get the special teams straightened out....

Old
05-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Bloody Sabbath

Send a message via MSN to Bloody Sabbath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerswin5
***** the refs
why **** the refs? whose fault is it that tampa's powerplay was so good? the flyers had opportunities too.
it was the same sorta story last series. "those damn refs". just look forward to game 6 and hope for a better result.

Old
05-18-2004, 09:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
-If Kapanen stays on defense I want to see him do more of the skating into the offensive zone, great change of pace whenever he does that.
He's been doing that, one of the main premises of putting him on defnese. He had a great chance doing such.

And I'm honestly more concerned with Game 6 than Game 7. I don't want to get too far ahead but I think if the Flyers win Game 6, they also win Game 7.

Old
05-18-2004, 09:34 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
And I'm honestly more concerned with Game 6 than Game 7. I don't want to get too far ahead but I think if the Flyers win Game 6, they also win Game 7.
..and so sayeth the great seer

Old
05-18-2004, 09:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
..and so sayeth the great seer

you better hope i'm not so great because I'm predicting a Game 6 loss.

Old
05-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Winston Wolf

Donald Brashear didn't have nearly big enough of a role in this game for my liking.

Old
05-18-2004, 09:45 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Donald Brashear didn't have nearly big enough of a role in this game for my liking.
brashear played?

Old
05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
to satisfy my superstitions, does anyone mind if i make the next gdt since they won the last time i did it (game 5).

sorry, just that superstitious time of year.

Old
05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
to satisfy my superstitions, does anyone mind if i make the next gdt since they won the last time i did it (game 5).

it's all yours

Old
05-18-2004, 09:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh

the flyers have never lost when i've done it, maybe once

Old
05-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
brashear played?
It's been rumoured.

Old
05-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Flyerswin5

the refs because of the non-calls , then the calls they make. Like they said on ESPN on the Hanzus penalty .. in another series that would have been goaltender interence, but not this series.. this series its a hold or hook or what ever they called it.. all this after a Flyer was pulled down in the Tampa zone (no goal because he was pulled into the net) .... um .... no call on that one. Yea the PP was good.. but they shouldnt of had the PP's they had. It was a pathetic game from the refs.

Last edited by GKJ: 05-19-2004 at 05:54 AM.
Old
05-18-2004, 11:00 PM
capn89*

Bottom line is, it's up to the players to play right now. Keith Primeau, as much as I've doubted him since coming to Philly, has turned into an incredible leader. The guys need to follow his lead. Leclair stinks like a rotten bag of manure and I hope he twists his ****ing ankle in practice so he can't play game 6. Zhamnov has vanished off the face of the Earth. Roenick hasn't done much, where's Amonte? I just don't understand how they can dominate a team from the two goals they scored to the end of the third and not at least tie it up. And I don't understand why they don't do that fro 60 minutes. With guys like JR, Amonte and Zhamnov, who this is probably their last chance to win a cup, they NEED to step it up and show some passion. This is the win no year, because I have a bad feeling that after this season, they're not going to get this close in a LOOOOONG time.

Old
05-18-2004, 11:28 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Yes, please. John LeClair ****ing sucks.
no, Amonte *** sucks. I know he has an assist but he has been brutal in playoffs. he so done.

BTW, they said during the game that Tampa HASN'T scored an even strenght goal in like 120+ minutes. I saw this in the 2nd period. so it's probably like 140+ minutes now. that just blows my mind.

just looked it up. Tampa hasn't scored an even strenght goal since 8:20 in the 3rd period of game 4.
if only our penalty killing was better.

Last edited by FlyersGuy69: 05-18-2004 at 11:39 PM.
Old
05-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
Is it me, or is Tampa a much dirtier team? It seems I always see them getting forearms to the head and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator
I say it's time for a few elbows to the head of St. Louis
priceless

Old
05-18-2004, 11:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
stop making so many damn excuses. we lost, end of story. they were just a little bit better then we were tonite. Now its our turm to respond with a home win in game 6. I am expecting our best game of the series thursday night to force the winner take all game 7.
back to my first comment. we all know the situation with the refs. The players know this as well, and it is up to them to adapt to the way the refs are going to call the game. Bottom line is we did not get it done on the PK. i thought 5 on 5 we were pretty good tonite except for the first 15 minutes or so of that 1st period.
Relax guys. the sun comes up tomorrow and we have a home game thursday.
REFUSE TO LOSE!

Old
05-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
This Game Was Lost Because:

Flyers lack of penalty killing.

Flyers lack of power play power.

Period.
finally....someone that watched the same game I did

Old
05-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerswin5
F** the refs because of the non-calls , then the calls they make. Like they said on ESPN on the Hanzus penalty .. in another series that would have been goaltender interence, but not this series.. this series its a hold or hook or what ever they called it.. all this after a Flyer was pulled down in the Tampa zone (no goal because he was pulled into the net) .... um .... no call on that one. Yea the PP was good.. but they shouldnt of had the PP's they had. It was a pathetic game from the refs.
blaming the refs is whats pathetic

Old
05-19-2004, 12:42 AM
MojoJojo

The Flyers looked a lot like Ottawa vs the Leafs in the third period. Chance after chance, but no screens, deflections, rebounds, etc. Against an elite goalie, you need to drive hard to the net and look for garbage goals. I think we were tring too hard just to get shots on net through the defensemen, shots which were easily gloved by Habib who saw everything. We had two or three good chances to tie things up in the third, in each case we were out worked and out muscled to the loose pucks

Old
05-19-2004, 03:01 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
finally....someone that watched the same game I did
exactly. this game was not lost because of the refs. it was lost because of the lousy special teams. If it does not improve for the next game were done. Bottom line.
NO MORE ****ING EXCUSES! GO GET THE JOB DONE!

Closed Thread