HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Malone

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2010, 10:40 PM
LMFAO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Tell me, Mr. MacKenzie, why should he be dealt?
mmm I don't know, maybe because the Lightning have financial trouble and Malone is making 6 Millions next year ?

Old
06-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
mmm I don't know, maybe because the Lightning have financial trouble and Malone is making 6 Millions next year ?
Link to anything credible that says the Lightning have financial trouble or mmm, I don't know, don't post.

Old
06-14-2010, 11:01 PM
19brichards91

I guess having an owner w/ deep pockets who supports the team suddenly translates into financial trouble.

Old
06-15-2010, 12:21 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
You don't know what the hell you're talking about, thank you and goodnight

Old
06-15-2010, 04:03 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 95
Circus!

Old
06-15-2010, 04:25 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Only would do it if we get a very good puck-moving defense-man or #1 goaltender.
Indeed.

Quote:
I'm glad someone gets it, yet people still think we can just move Malone out and stick an 18 year old kid in his place on Vinnys wing and everything will be just fine.

6'4 220 pound forwards with great hands, capable of brawling, and capable of playing any position in your top nine that are as consistent as Ryan Malone are ****ing R.A.R.E. RARE.
I think Malone will hit 30-35 goals if he manages to stay healthy for a full season in the next 2-3 years. I'm very much in favor of keeping him unless we get massive overpayment.

Old
06-17-2010, 11:43 PM
NorCalJen
Oh baby! Oh mama!!

I've been saying amongst friends and family that Ryan Malone is exactly what the Sharks need. But his contract is probably prohibitive.

But, hey, we've got lots of good goalie prospects in our system...and we can give you Ryane Clowe who should be what Malone is but isn't quite. So a goalie prospect+Ryane Clowe+?=Malone? Before anybody flames me, I don't pretend to have any clue when it comes to hockey contracts/value so

Old
06-18-2010, 03:11 AM
BoltSonian33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalJen View Post
I've been saying amongst friends and family that Ryan Malone is exactly what the Sharks need. But his contract is probably prohibitive.

But, hey, we've got lots of good goalie prospects in our system...and we can give you Ryane Clowe who should be what Malone is but isn't quite. So a goalie prospect+Ryane Clowe+?=Malone? Before anybody flames me, I don't pretend to have any clue when it comes to hockey contracts/value so
me i dont want them to trade bugsy either.clowe on the other hand...i love that guy.but we do not need another goalie prospect.

Old
06-18-2010, 07:32 AM
hockeygirl771

Keep Malone...he was my favourite player last season!

Old
06-18-2010, 07:48 AM
TBFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl771 View Post
Keep Malone...he was my favourite player last season!
There is a good reason.

He is overpaid for what he brings to the table. He has been a streaky player all of his career. When he is on, he is one of the best players on the ice.

He was in the right place at the right time to get the big free agent contract.

Old
06-18-2010, 08:02 AM
hockeygirl771

I'd like to give him one more year to see if he becomes more consistent!

Old
06-18-2010, 11:08 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
There is a good reason.

He is overpaid for what he brings to the table. He has been a streaky player all of his career. When he is on, he is one of the best players on the ice.

He was in the right place at the right time to get the big free agent contract.
Streaky?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...IPW8h2dPNivLYF

No, not really. People are just putting unrealistic expectations on his play. Outside of Marty, he might be the most consistent player we have offensively.

Old
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Campbell + for Malone?

Moving Malone negates some of Campbell's costs in short term and the Lightning could get good assets with Campbell + he solves your need for a PMD

Old
06-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Razzmatazz

That Ranger qualifying offer + competent coaching might solve the PMD problem. Lundin seems fairly gifted offensively, but was always assigned to the biggest offensive threat the other team had. I'd love having Campbell with the Lightning, but again, that salary is way too much when you already have Lecavalier at as much as he's making.

Old
06-18-2010, 03:20 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Streaky?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...IPW8h2dPNivLYF

No, not really. People are just putting unrealistic expectations on his play. Outside of Marty, he might be the most consistent player we have offensively.
He get's his points and he is a consistent 20+ goal scorer, but during the season his offensive game is very hot and cold.

Old
06-18-2010, 03:46 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
He get's his points and he is a consistent 20+ goal scorer, but during the season his offensive game is very hot and cold.
No more than any other player on this team excluding Stamkos and St. Louis. Its actually pretty impressive that he still produced through the midpoint of the year, given he was banged up and all and was tossed around on the third line.

Old
06-19-2010, 01:05 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

St. Louis goes to Yzerman and tell him he wants to be traded, but he'll sign an extension first to get a better return for the team. *signs 4 year extension*

To Toronto:
- St. Louis
- Malone

To Tampa:
- Schenn
- Kaberle

Old
06-19-2010, 01:15 AM
TBLbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
St. Louis goes to Yzerman and tell him he wants to be traded, but he'll sign an extension first to get a better return for the team. *signs 4 year extension*

To Toronto:
- St. Louis
- Malone

To Tampa:
- Schenn
- Kaberle

that leaves us with HUGE holes in our top 6. Kaberle doesn't fit into long term plans, and may not even want to sign here.

Old
06-19-2010, 02:11 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLbrifri View Post
that leaves us with HUGE holes in our top 6. Kaberle doesn't fit into long term plans, and may not even want to sign here.
But I want Martin St. Louis

Old
06-19-2010, 03:32 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Malone for Wade Redden...

Old
06-22-2010, 04:45 PM
yukoner88

Looking through the thread it looks like no one wants to see Malone. Not sure if many Tbay fans see a potential deal between Edmonton and Tampa but maybe something around this would be a starter?

To TB:

F Cogliano
C Potulny
G Deslausriers

To EDM

F Malone
G Smith
conditional 2011 draft pick (based on the contract JDD gets signed to)

Cogliano is one of the fastest skaters in the league, with a laser wrist shot. In the east he could potentially score 20-25 goals, and is very sound defensively. Cogs is also very durable, in the 3 yrs he's played, hes never missed a game. Cogs is an RFA but I doubt his next contract with be much above a 2M dollar cap hit. Potulny is another guy who can be a solid secondary contributer and will not cost much. His cap hit last yr was 525k and will probably get a raise to somewhere between 800k and 900k. JDD posted a .900 sv % on a team that had mad troubles defensively last season, and played very well. He'd be a great 1b guy behind Ninnimakki(sp) would cost just over half of was Smith is making. Lightning could potentially save 2.5m of cap space and salary in this deal, and keep strong scoring depth up front.

Thoughts?

Old
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
Looking through the thread it looks like no one wants to see Malone. Not sure if many Tbay fans see a potential deal between Edmonton and Tampa but maybe something around this would be a starter?

To TB:

F Cogliano
C Potulny
G Deslausriers

To EDM

F Malone
G Smith

Cogliano is one of the fastest skaters in the league, with a laser wrist shot. In the east he could potentially score 20-25 goals, and is very sound defensively. Cogs is also very durable, in the 3 yrs he's played, hes never missed a game. Cogs is an RFA but I doubt his next contract with be much above a 2M dollar cap hit. Potulny is another guy who can be a solid secondary contributer and will not cost much. His cap hit last yr was 525k and will probably get a raise to somewhere between 800k and 900k. JDD posted a .900 sv % on a team that had mad troubles defensively last season, and played very well. He'd be a great 1b guy behind Ninnimakki(sp) would cost just over half of was Smith is making. Lightning could potentially save 2.5m of cap space and salary in this deal, and keep strong scoring depth up front.

Thoughts?
eh, pass

Old
06-22-2010, 07:23 PM
TBLbrian

Quote:

To TB:

F Cogliano
C Potulny
G Deslausriers

To EDM

F Malone
G Smith

Thoughts?
I don't see that as an upgrade for the Lightning. It is not enough of a sure thing to trade Malone.

Old
06-23-2010, 07:46 AM
TBFan

Quote:

To TB:

F Cogliano
C Potulny
G Deslausriers

To EDM

F Malone
G Smith

Thoughts?
I like Cogliano and I am in favor of anytime willing to take Smith, but this looks like a salary dump for the Lightning, which is maybe what they need to do.

Closed Thread