Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Calgary Stampeders Off-Season Thread

Old
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Good move on Newman, it also makes BC a lot better. I cheer for the lions as a second team. Wow the Labour Day game is total domination....l 33-5 at the half. Loving it as Reynolds force feeds yards to the Eskimos.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Back to back ass whoopings on the Eskimos, gotta love it. This defense is just dominant. Loved the physical play on Ray every time he was in. Can't wait for the LD rematch.

Congrats to Burris and Lewis on their milestones, lookin' forward to seeing Reynolds pass Anderson in Edmonton next game.

Cornish is a beast.

8-1!

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Cyrus

Just a hilarious game to watch. I don't think I've ever even heard of a game where a team massed a total of 5 rushing yards. If it weren't for a string of dumb penalties, we probably could have held them to 2 points.

Let's do it again on Friday!

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 09:43 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Wow. Just complete domination. Can't wait for Friday's game. Should be fun. Hope to see lots of Stamps fans at Commonwealth.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 10:15 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I don't think I've ever even heard of a game where a team massed a total of 5 rushing yards. If it weren't for a string of dumb penalties, we probably could have held them to 2 points.

That's just a bad football team in Edmonton. Those players just don't look like they have bought into whatever Hall is preaching. He looks like a coach that has lost his team. Halfway through the fourth quarter the Eskimos had more turnovers (6) than yards rushing (5).

Old
09-06-2010, 11:05 PM
DBU
Hoss Creek

vCash: 50
One word: BOOM.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 12:46 AM
GoFlames

I lokve seeing the Stamps boot **** the Eskimos and Riders whenever it happens, and now it is b low outs of the Eskimos and beating the riders by 20 points.

Old
09-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
That's just a bad football team in Edmonton. Those players just don't look like they have bought into whatever Hall is preaching. He looks like a coach that has lost his team. Halfway through the fourth quarter the Eskimos had more turnovers (6) than yards rushing (5).
That makes it all the more confusing how they beat the Roughriders last week. I thought Edmonton's defence was the key factor, but after our two games, that can't be it.

I'm very interested to see our next game versus the riders. Realistically we should be able to walk over them too, especially considering how bad they looked against Winnipeg.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
That makes it all the more confusing how they beat the Roughriders last week.

The Roughriders played like crap in that game, and the Eskimos took advantage of it.

Old
09-08-2010, 11:41 PM
GoFlames

I have a friend who is a Rider homer and he was pretty quiet about the losing to Edmonton part lol. Either way, my Reynolds replica jersey finally made it. I am hoping for a solid third and final boot ****ing of the Eskimos on Friday

Old
09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
I am hoping for a solid third and final boot ****ing of the Eskimos on Friday

I'll second that. I want to see the Stampeders put up 60. Crush them on their home field. Although I'd be happy with a win, regardless of how much it's by.

As far as injury news, Stampeders going into this one with the same exact lineup as the previous game, no new injuries so we're lookin' at a healthy and rested squad tomorrow night.

On the other side, word out of Edmonton is that Arkee Whitlock and Chris Ciezki were put on the nine-game injured list, so basically their season is done. Calvin McCarty is also not expected to play. Tristan Jackson will likely be back, though.

Go Stamps!

Old
09-09-2010, 10:46 PM
GoFlames

This Stamps team is starting to look like the Buono teams of the early to mid 1990's. That said besides some individual stars the Stamps do not rely on star power it seems. The entire team has bought into what Huff is coaching and they are winning playing great team ball. Great time to be a Stamps fan.

Old
09-10-2010, 01:57 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
That said besides some individual stars the Stamps do not rely on star power it seems. The entire team has bought into what Huff is coaching and they are winning playing great team ball.

Absolutely. Everyone looks to have bought in.

I like the fact that due to the Stampeders getting big leads by the half in the last two games, Drew Tate is getting some much needed reps, and playin' quite well when his number is called too. He's making things happen every time he's been on the field this year.

Joffrey Reynolds now needs just 51 yards to pass Kelvin Anderson for the most rushing yards in team history.

Old
09-10-2010, 11:06 PM
GoFlames

Reynolds with the record, sweeping the Burris, great game liking this season!

Old
09-10-2010, 11:09 PM
GoFlames

I don't know what is better the offence or the defence... the D is 1st in every category but the offence was real consistent tonight except MAver

Old
09-11-2010, 01:56 AM
DJ Doublecheese

Quote:
I don't know what is better the offence or the defence... the D is 1st in every category but the offence was real consistent tonight except MAver
Ya Maver needs to figure his **** out!

DJ Doublecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Doublecheese View Post
Ya Maver needs to figure his **** out!

Maver will be fine. Shouldn't be any surprise that he's going through some struggles in his rookie year. He'll bounce back, I'm sure. I'm not concerned at all.

Congrats to Reynolds on passin' Anderson.

Old
09-13-2010, 09:58 AM
GoFlames

The icing on the cake is the Riders scored only TWO points vs Winnipeg... not even a lousy field goal

Old
09-13-2010, 10:10 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
The icing on the cake is the Riders scored only TWO points vs Winnipeg... not even a lousy field goal

That game just made my sunday. And here we were laughing at the Eskimos for only being able to score 5 against us, and the Roughriders can't score more than two against one of the worst teams in the league. Beauty!

Old
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

By the way, great pre-game feature on Reynolds on TSN from friday before his milestone. It was well done.

Check it out: http://watch.tsn.ca/cfl-games-on-demand/#clip346812

Old
09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
By the way, great pre-game feature on Reynolds on TSN from friday before his milestone. It was well done.

Check it out: http://watch.tsn.ca/cfl-games-on-demand/#clip346812
Yeah, and it really suits the type of person Reynolds appears to be, calm, humble and reliable. I am waiting to watch 21 force feed yards along with Cornish on Friday.

The Riders are looking to be in trouble. In an ideal workd BC takes second and a home playoff game away from the Riders.

Old
09-16-2010, 08:22 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Stampeders interested in Lumsden.

Quote:
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers aren't the only Canadian Football League team interested in signing Jesse Lumsden.

After the Calgary Stampeders practised at McMahon Stadium on Wednesday morning, head coach and general manager John Hufnagel confirmed that he and his staff have had talks with the Canadian running back about his possible return to the CFL.

"I talked to Jesse at Henry Burris' golf tournament in May and (director of player personnel) John Murphy has continual talks with a lot of people throughout the league throughout the season," Hufnagel said. "There has been discussions."
Quote:
"When the practice roster opens up (on Oct. 6), maybe that's a possibility," said Hufnagel in regards to where Lumsden would fit in with the Stamps.
TSN.

Makes sense that he'd be put on the practice roster, in case of an injury. I don't think there's any way he's seeing the field as long as Reynolds and Cornish are healthy.

Old
09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
GoFlames

Quote:

TSN.

Makes sense that he'd be put on the practice roster, in case of an injury. I don't think there's any way he's seeing the field as long as Reynolds and Cornish are healthy.
Like always you beat me to this SR. Wow that would make 3 powerfull running backs

Old
09-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:

TSN.

Pretty good for all involved if it does happen. Lumsden is more than capable of playing the league when he's healthy and being a Canadian is a pretty nice bonus, and he could stay in Calgary if he still wants to go through with the bobsledding if he doesn't move beyond the practice roster.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 01:25 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
Lumsden is more than capable of playing the league when he's healthy and being a Canadian is a pretty nice bonus, and he could stay in Calgary if he still wants to go through with the bobsledding if he doesn't move beyond the practice roster.

He definitely can, however staying healthy seems to be the tricky part. Being how he would be signed to the PR, it's a low risk-high reward move, the way I see it. Provides a little insurance should one of Reynolds/Cornish get injured, or even Cote, as Lumsden can also play the fullback position. Not to mention, there's no such thing as too much Canadian content in this league.

As per Al Cameron's twitter:

Quote:
Looks like RB Jesse Lumsden is indeed Calgary-bound; look for Canadian to sign practice-roster deal #CFL #calstampeders

Is Jesse Lumsden headed for Calgary Stampeders?

Quote:
The Winnipeg Free Press is reporting that Lumsden, who hasn’t played a Canadian Football League game since early 2009 with the Edmonton Eskimos before suffering yet another shoulder injury, told the Blue Bombers that he was turning down their offer.

And the Stampeders, it appears, are extending an offer to Lumsden to have him join their practice roster for the time being, as he works himself back into football shape.

While there are no guarantees likely attached to the Stamps’ offer, it seems logical to assume that Lumsden would find it more appealing because there almost certainly will be playoff money, and because he will be able to continue training with the national bobsleigh team at Canada Olympic Park.