HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks deal with Florida for 3rd overall pick involving Raymond

Old
06-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Biggzy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
No thank you. Bieksa is straight trash. I'd love Raymond but I'd rather keep the 3rd overall or trade with someone like Boston if they wanted the #3 that involved they're #15+. Dropping down to #24 is rough.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post
After the Roberto Luongo trade, you would think the Florida Panthers would try not to make the same mistake again. Mason Raymond is a good asset to have, but to move down all the way from 3rd overall to 25th overall for Raymond seems like a bad move for Dale Tallon.
Agreed, Florida would regret it.

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
Has me more interested, add in Rypien and we'll throw in (dunno, lol) and I'd be happy with the deal. I think.

06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
TOML

Wondering if there is a concern about David Booth's long-term health that would make Florida even want to consider this trade?

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
No thank you. Bieksa is straight trash. I'd love Raymond but I'd rather keep the 3rd overall or trade with someone like Boston if they wanted the #3 that involved they're #15+. Dropping down to #24 is rough.
Bieksa was never great defensively but he has some offensive talent. His best seasons came when Mitchell was his parter. Mitchell would constantly bail out Bieksa when he makes mistakes. Say this trade does happen I think Bieksa would be alright if he plays with someone like Allen

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Wondering if there is a concern about David Booth's long-term health that would make Florida even want to consider this trade?
Much as it sucks, I'm sure there is. Two concussions in one season would have anyone concerned. So far as it making Tallon question whether to make a move like this, we'll find out. Would love to have Booth, Frolik, and Raymond fighting for the left wing.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
#FireCapuano

I don't get why you all think the Canucks need to add more. I would easily trade pick #5 for Raymond+#25.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
No thank you. Bieksa is straight trash.
So a guy who had a higher PPG than all but two of your defensemen in an off year (normally he would have scored at a similar rate as McCabe except with more goals and fewer assists) is "straight trash."

OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Has me more interested, add in Rypien and we'll throw in (dunno, lol) and I'd be happy with the deal. I think.
Is it just me or is that not virtually identical to the one I proposed.. except with more coming back to Vancouver?

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
So a guy who had a higher PPG than all but two of your defensemen in an off year (normally he would have scored at a similar rate as McCabe except with more goals and fewer assists) is "straight trash."

OK.

Is it just me or is that not virtually identical to the one I proposed.. except with more coming back to Vancouver?
You were 2nd in the league in goals for, Panthers 28th. Great logic.

Old
06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

OK.
Ignore him, I do.

Quote:
lol, don't remember what your deal was.

Old
06-14-2010, 05:39 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Did you ever wonder if goal scoring was somehow attributable to the players on the ice when those goals were scored?

And if we could some how credit players involved with those goals with some sort of indicator that they had made a tangible contribution to those goals?

I don't know, bear with me here - in this wild, hypothetical "points system" you could almost infer that a player contributed to his team's offensive output by seeing how often that player scored points.

And taking an even more fantastic leap, players who scored a lot of "points" might tend to be the more effective offensive players. They might even - and hear me out, this is where it gets really crazy - be somehow able to contribute that offensive ability in other situations. Like if they changed teams, for example.

I don't know, maybe that's just too complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Ignore him, I do.
Hmm, good idea.

Quote:
lol, don't remember what your deal was.
I would do Bieksa, Raymond and our 1st for #3 overall.

If you want to extend that to Bieksa, Raymond, Rypien and #25 for Campbell and #3 I'd be happy to do that too.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:40 PM
SouthFLFan79

dont see this one happening at all unless canucks got into the top 10 first

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

NHL sources say is not a legitimate source... At all...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Did you ever wonder if goal scoring was somehow attributable to the players on the ice when those goals were scored?

And if we could some how credit players involved with those goals with some sort of indicator that they had made a tangible contribution to those goals?

I don't know, bear with me here - in this wild, hypothetical "points system" you could almost infer that a player contributed to his team's offensive output by seeing how often that player scored points.

And taking an even more fantastic leap, players who scored a lot of "points" might tend to be the more effective offensive players. They might even - and hear me out, this is where it gets really crazy - be somehow able to contribute that offensive ability in other situations. Like if they changed teams, for example.

I don't know, maybe that's just too complicated.

Hmm, good idea.

If you want to extend that to Bieksa, Raymond, Rypien and #25 for Campbell and #3 I'd be happy to do that too.
You're right, let's forget that the Sedins exist and rename the team the Vancouver Bieksa's.

Oh no, a guy who wants Wade Belak and Steve McIntyre to get 25 minutes of ice time per game is ignoring me.

Old
06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

I think I'd be happy with that deal. I REALLY like the idea of Gudbranson on the Panthers, but we're not sure who we'll pick. We could then perhaps package Horton to try to get Spezza. Dunno, it's an interesting deal, though. I LOVE Rypien, would love to have him in a Panther sweater.

Last edited by Laus723: 06-14-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old
06-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Boooooth10

I'd rather listen to Eklund before the guy who made that crap up.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Sports24-7

Some Leafs fans are just so entertaining. I feel bad for the Toronto fans that actually have their heads on straight, because some of these guys give them a bad name.

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:11 PM
dwarf

vCash: 250
Pft is what I say to this speculation. Did Tallon trade his first round picks on Chicago, or did he build a Stanley cup winner?

To many Canuck fans want to dream about a great young draft pick, but in all honesty Raymond is far better at the moment then anything coming out of the draft. The Canucks are contending now. Not rebuilding.

dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:12 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
All too silly.

Raymond will be resigned. He is one of the few Gillis can point to and say "It's working!"
about his build from within stance.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
nally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Maybe it's something like Mason, Schroeder and Schneider to Florida for the 3rd overall and then Tallon flips Vokoun to the Blackhawks for say Sharp and Versteeg/Brouwer. It's very possible.
And then at the same time, very not. and more likely.

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Canucks were horrible on offence when Bieksa had 12 goals and 42 points. That team couldn't score worth **** (I don't remember their exact position in the league).

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:31 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
You're right, let's forget that the Sedins exist and rename the team the Vancouver Bieksa's.

Oh no, a guy who wants Wade Belak and Steve McIntyre to get 25 minutes of ice time per game is ignoring me.
We're not talking about Burrows. Over a fifth of Bieksa's career NHL points have been goals which is never going to be a gimmie from a Sedin.

Don't forget that before the Sedins scored 268 goals this year they were career second liners. At best. It's funny how quickly opinions change around here.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2TheRescue View Post
I don't get why you all think the Canucks need to add more. I would easily trade pick #5 for Raymond+#25.
Yeah I think some of the GM's from maybe 3rd, but at least 4th to 6th overall would consider it.

Raymond is just hitting his stride and is only 24, so a team wanting to get faster, and have a player who can grow with the team still while potting over 20+ goals per.
This only happens if Gillis really wants to move up. As keeping Raymond falls into Gillis's philosophy of growing the team from within.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
************* is an unreliable twitter account.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 06:55 PM
gotmonte

Dubinsky and Weiss for the 3rd overall?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote