HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks deal with Florida for 3rd overall pick involving Raymond

Old
06-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
We're not talking about Burrows. Over a fifth of Bieksa's career NHL points have been goals which is never going to be a gimmie from a Sedin.

Don't forget that before the Sedins scored 268 goals this year they were career second liners. At best. It's funny how quickly opinions change around here.
Replying to Biggz...lol, nope, don't Belak or Mac to get 25 minutes. Typical post from Biggzy, though.

06-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
You were 2nd in the league in goals for, Panthers 28th. Great logic.
Um Bieksa is the catalyst for the canucks offense. If it wasn't for the 40 point Bobby Orr the entire offense would struggle.

seriously though, if they handed out assists for giveaways that directly result in a goal against, he would be a PPG Dman.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

the only way the canucks get the 3rd overall pick using raymond is to also add the 25th overall plus one of their other top-end prospects or kesler, otherwise their is simply no-way florida makes such a bonehead move.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
the only way the canucks get the 3rd overall pick using raymond is to also add the 25th overall plus one of their other top-end prospects or kesler, otherwise their is simply no-way florida makes such a bonehead move.
Kesler alone, is worth more then the 3 rd overall pick, to the Canucks.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
I know eh, it's not like the've done something that dumb before.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:37 PM
mitchgoalie31

col 1st, mid-level prospect for raymond and van 1st

mitchgoalie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

are they also thinking of adding Edler and Schneider? Maybe Kesler lol. my god. 3rd liner for a 3rd overall pick?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
are they also thinking of adding Edler and Schneider? Maybe Kesler lol. my god. 3rd liner for a 3rd overall pick?
2 nd line forward, on the second highest scoring team in the league.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

vCash: 283
Raymond
Bieksa
Schroeder
25th

Still doesn't seem enough...

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Edler, Raymond, Schneider and a 1st rd pick for the 3rd overall? Too bad Edler projects to be as good as any blueliner in this draft.

When was the last time a 3rd liner scored 25 goals? - never mind as a sophomore.

All kinds of stupid.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:19 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
my god. 3rd liner for a 3rd overall pick?
Unless your team had 6 guys who had more than Raymond's 53 points this season, which the Habs didn't, you've got no right calling him a 3rd line forward.

Personally, I'm not trading Raymond straight up even for the #3 pick. Raymond broke out with 55 points this season and he's only going to get better. Plus, he's still under club control for relatively cheap. I see him maxing out at about 70-75 points a season, which would put him as first liner status.

Even if Fowler, Gundbranson or Connolly has a higher ceiling, I'm not going to wait 2+ seasons before they can make the team and another 2 seasons before they can make an impact. By then, the Canucks window of opportunity might be coming to an end or have already closed. Our window of opportunity is right now.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:32 PM
eklunds source

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Even if Fowler, Gundbranson or Connolly has a higher ceiling, I'm not going to wait 2+ seasons before they can make the team and another 2 seasons before they can make an impact. By then, the Canucks window of opportunity might be coming to an end or have already closed. Our window of opportunity is right now.
Yes, it certainly will be closed soon, what with the Sedins and Luongo near retirement and Kesler not likely to resign and Burrows demanding more money and... wait, what?

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Bejamin1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
even for speculation this is a stretch

site used is not recognized as anyting more then a fan blog
Notice the ZERO comments on all of his blog posts LOL. Not to mention the fact that he's probably posting his own blog as a source. The OP is probably the Blogger.

Bejamin1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:51 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Yes, it certainly will be closed soon, what with the Sedins and Luongo near retirement and Kesler not likely to resign and Burrows demanding more money and... wait, what?
Like I said, by the time that #3 pick makes an impact, yes that window of opportunity might be closing. Sedins' contract run out in 4 seasons and they'll be 34 by then. Burrows has 3 more years left on an amazing contract. If he keeps up his play up, he's certainly worth a lot more than 2 million, at least double that. Kesler becomes a UFA in 5 seasons and he's worth more than his 5 million dollar contract suggests as well. Then there's Raymond and Edler, who are still in their RFA seasons. In 3-4 seasons, they'll be able to hit UFA status if they choose to. Either way, their salaries right now will be a lot cheaper than what they'll be down the road. That window isn't as big as you think it is.

As we're seeing with the Blackhawks, their run with the current roster lasted all but two seasons, now they're going to have to keep shuffling and re-shuffling their important depth players. If you have a chance to go for it now, you don't make your team worse.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Jwm1986

25th overall and Raymond

for

19th overall and 4th

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
With Demitra leaving and Grabner yet to play a full NHL season, I would be very hesitant to trade a bona-fide top 6 winger who's improved every season, is one of the fastest skaters in the entire NHL and has proven chemistry with Kesler.

I would seriously consider our 1st and Raymond for a top 5 pick but there is no way I would add to it. It's not like the Canucks are in rebuild more here.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Reign Nateo

I don't buy this crap about Gillis moving up to the top 3. Seems a bit crazy unless he really feels this is the only way to get a true number one defenceman (which will take about 5 years). It makes sense in a salary sense.

Raymond, Bieksa, 25th saves them roughly 6 million next season. Could overhaul the defence and count on guys like Grabner a great deal. But I don't think Gillis messes with it. Raymond scored 25 goals last year and was one of our best defensive forwards I thought, constantly playing alongside Kesler vs the other team's big line. He's a smart, fast, 3-zone homegrown player. Can't see Gillis letting him go.

These boards are getting a little carried away with the value of top picks though. People talkin' adding Kesler? WTF? You're not going to get 3-4 proven and improving young NHL players for a draft pick. Unless it's someone with some major Crosby/OV/Eric hype.

All in all it's just not what the Canucks should be focusing on IMO. Unless Gillis is looking to make a big splash. We all know the Panthers are looking to shake things up.

Reign Nateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Ace of Canucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
25th overall and Raymond

for

19th overall and 4th

That is awful.

Ace of Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
25th overall and Raymond

for

19th overall and 4th
Seriously?

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Good enough to be on the 2nd line on the 2nd best scoring team in the NHL

lolmygod.

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

This thread has the stench of fail all over it....why is it so hard to come to the final conclusion that this DOESN'T MAKE SENSE? Lets try and "dumb it down" some more for the folks still not getting it.

Canucks = a team trying to contend. Unless Mike Gillis has completely lost his marbles he's not going to trade assets that help our team NOW for ones that won't help for 2-3 years. If (big if) he's going to trade Raymond it's going to be to strengthen an area of weakness that will help us immediately.

Florida = rebuilding. While it might be helpful to them to get Raymond and our 1st round pick, its likely not enough to make a deal happen. If you throw in Bieksa it even makes less sense from a Canuck POV. The Panthers might even still be able to do better elsewhere, but it's really the fact it makes ZERO sense from a Canucks perspective. Unless Gillis has a cunning plan to flip the 3rd overall to someone else for immediate help it's a lame duck idea.

So there is no point in continuing with the notion unless you enjoy beating your head against a wall trying to make it make sense. It just doesn't.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Wyrm

I don't see why Canucks would trade more than Raymond for #3 overall. Does it help them on defense in the next 1-2 seasons? No. IMHO they would think twice before trading Raymond for #3 straight up because they need a D-man now, not 5 years later. Raymond is the perfect chip to trade for such a D-man, not for a pick.

The same goes for Florida. Does Florida really need Raymond on their wing? I thought they had enough of wingers like Raymond. Wouldn't it make more sense to trade for something you need? The trade sounds like 2 teams trading for the stuff they don't really need.

Edit: the above poster says pretty much same.

Wyrm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
I don't see why Canucks would trade more than Raymond for #3 overall. Does it help them on defense in the next 1-2 seasons? No. IMHO they would think twice before trading Raymond for #3 straight up because they need a D-man now, not 5 years later. Raymond is the perfect chip to trade for such a D-man, not for a pick.

The same goes for Florida. Does Florida really need Raymond on their wing? I thought they had enough of wingers like Raymond. Wouldn't it make more sense to trade for something you need? The trade sounds like 2 teams trading for the stuff they don't really need.

Edit: the above poster says pretty much same.
I wouldnt give the Isles 2nd rounder for Raymond, let alone the number 3. I think he did so well because he's surrounded by skill players on a team that thinks offense all the time on a team like florida hes a 15 goal scorer. he was only a 9 and 11 goal scorer his previous 2 seasons, so its not like hes proven at all.... After the Luongo trade you'd think Florida would know better

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 06-14-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
I wouldnt give the Isles 2nd rounder for Raymond, let alone the number 3. I think he did so well because he's surrounded by skill players on a team that thinks offense all the time on a team like florida hes a 15 goal scorer
Good for you. And how does it relate to Florida or Vancouver? [I do think the Canuck fans are overhyping him too much. Yet, I'd still question the decision to trade him for #3 though. Teams' needs are different... unless Gillis freaks out and pulls a Sutter.]

Wyrm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
Good for you. And how does it relate to Florida or Vancouver? [I do think the Canuck fans are overhyping him too much. Yet, I'd still question the decision to trade him for #3 though. Teams' needs are different... unless Gillis freaks out and pulls a Sutter.]
it relates in that Florida already was sold a bill of goods by vancouver, no need to do it again

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote