HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

can anyone help me out here?

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2004, 01:20 AM
themaninorange

vCash: 500
can anyone help me out here?

i do my best to keep up with all things prospect-related...i read this site religiously, check the boards to see people's opinions, look around for info when i hear a name i haven't heard before, all that good stuff...at the same time, i really never get a chance to watch prospects before they're drafted and form my own opinion and i was wondering how some of you guys/girls get to see them.
basically, i'm in college and don't really have the time/money to travel a whole lot, so driving up to canada for chl games is difficult if not impossible most of the time (although the occassional road trip is not out of the question). i go to syracuse university so i catch crunch games when i can, especially when someone decent is coming through (got to see lehtonen play up here in december...pretty unbelievable) but i'm really behind the curve with seeing guys who are not at the ahl level yet. is there anyway to get games on tv (satellite, cable or otherwise)? for those of you who get tapes of prospects, how do you get your hands on them? at this point, i'm really sick of using second hand information and i want to fix this. if anyone can help me out and give me some ideas, i would be immensly appreciative. thanks.

Old
05-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninorange
i do my best to keep up with all things prospect-related...i read this site religiously, check the boards to see people's opinions, look around for info when i hear a name i haven't heard before, all that good stuff...at the same time, i really never get a chance to watch prospects before they're drafted and form my own opinion and i was wondering how some of you guys/girls get to see them.
basically, i'm in college and don't really have the time/money to travel a whole lot, so driving up to canada for chl games is difficult if not impossible most of the time (although the occassional road trip is not out of the question). i go to syracuse university so i catch crunch games when i can, especially when someone decent is coming through (got to see lehtonen play up here in december...pretty unbelievable) but i'm really behind the curve with seeing guys who are not at the ahl level yet. is there anyway to get games on tv (satellite, cable or otherwise)? for those of you who get tapes of prospects, how do you get your hands on them? at this point, i'm really sick of using second hand information and i want to fix this. if anyone can help me out and give me some ideas, i would be immensly appreciative. thanks.
no idea but ive got a bunch of friends at SU. i also go to UCSU(Utica College of Syracuse University).

man first i find out someones from herkimer, now syracuse. small world....

someone should be able to help you though...theres lots of nice knowledgable people here!

Old
05-19-2004, 01:40 AM
themaninorange

hahah...at least now i know that i'm not the only one on this board that gets to suffer through the cny winter....

Old
05-19-2004, 01:50 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Hey what's up... I know people that play juniors in Russia, Czech Rep. and Finland, I gett European tapes from them. Stateside, my friend's father WAS a scout. We go to a lot of games or get tapes. I also somewhat know the Isles Ken Morrow, ex-Canadien Ian Anderson & Gerald Diduck... I get their opinions as much as possible.

Closed Thread