HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carter For a LA Goalie

Old
06-14-2010, 02:37 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Huge pass, considering Parent is terrible. And, like I've said, we already have too many d.

Halak + 1st 2010 + Weber + Pacioretty -> Carter + Parent + Carcillo

As a hab fan and seeing how much the habs suck at drafting in the first round, I'd do the 2nd deal fast. The bolded two are the ones probably most likeable.

Both Weber and Carle are right handed players who can be on the pp. Weber better and has a wicked shot. Undersized, though.
How about that?

We get a good D prospect, Pacioretty, a first, and our goalie (finally).

You get a big top line center (finally), a shut-down defenseman with solid upside, and some physicality (finally).

Don't know if I'd pull the trigger without thinking twice about it, but I'd definitely think long and hard.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Yog S'loth

As a Kings fan, I would love to deal Quick for Carter.

Which is exactly why that wouldn't happen.

Even though Carter is "Mr. Playoff No-Show" himself, his value is still going to be way higher than any Kings goalie... and I don't see Lombardi dealing any goalies for anything right now.

Yog S'loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
How about that?

You get a big top line center (finally), a shut-down defenseman with solid upside, and some physicality (finally).

Don't know if I'd pull the trigger without thinking twice about it, but I'd definitely think long and hard.
Carcillo is an idiot, but he can also play the game. Pacioretty is pretty much the only thing that makes me go eh... I'd be happy we got Carter, sad we lost Pacs, but in the end, i'd probably be more thrilled with having Carter.

Carcillo and **** disturbing ways with Lapierre... Just think how much more hated the habs would be.

I'd... probably do it.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
No they're not.
Yes they are. Let me guess. My opinion, since I've seen every game he's played in the NHL, doesn't count because you've seen him 5-10 times. People that are picking Ray Emery over him? Please. Quick is being vastly underrated.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ELab2

Quote:
How about that?

I'd rather Subban than Weber and Pacioretty I think.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Carcillo is an idiot, but he can also play the game. Pacioretty is pretty much the only thing that makes me go eh... I'd be happy we got Carter, sad we lost Pacs, but in the end, i'd probably be more thrilled with having Carter.

Carcillo and **** disturbing ways with Lapierre... Just think how much more hated the habs would be.

I'd... probably do it.
I added Carcillo because I thought you'd like him more than we would, honestly. We don't really need him, but he's awesome to have on your team.

Old
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Yes they are. Let me guess. My opinion, since I've seen every game he's played in the NHL, doesn't count because you've seen him 5-10 times. People that are picking Ray Emery over him? Please. Quick is being vastly underrated.
Nobody is picking Ray Emery over him, they are picking Carter + Ray Emery over Quick. Emery's career is over, and people still are misinformed about that...but if you can't see why people would say that they would take Carter + some other goalie over Quick, then that's your own problem. Carter is worth an elite goalie prospect + more...and some people don't see Quick as an elite goaltender someday. The Flyers have been mentioned as being interested in Bernier (and Price), but not Quick...that means atleast a little bit.

FlyLife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I thought you meant another way... He is better than Emery. Quick is a solid goalie. Will he lead someone to the promise land ? Eh, potentially. Bernier is better and Quick played a ton of games and his numbers for a good team weren't as impressive as you think they would be.

Quote:
I added Carcillo because I thought you'd like him more than we would, honestly. We don't really need him, but he's awesome to have on your team.
That and you can re-sign Asham. They're virtually the same player and will be seeking the same, or close to this year. From what I've ready anyways.

Now that I've thought more, I'd do the deal. I'd miss pacs, but you gotta give to get.

Old
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
I can't see the Kings trading Quick/Bernier at the moment. Goaltending has been a problem for pretty much the entire duration of the franchise and now that they have 2 pretty good goalies they trade away one of them when they aren't sure if one is a franchise goalie? I think next year they play a 1a/b tandem and then either at the trade deadline or more likely after the season ***** what they have.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
That and you can re-sign Asham. They're virtually the same player and will be seeking the same, or close to this year. From what I've ready anyways.

Now that I've thought more, I'd do the deal. I'd miss pacs, but you gotta give to get.
They're almost COMPLETELY different players. Far different skill-sets.

Just because they fight, it doesn't mean they're the same player.

Old
06-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
They're almost COMPLETELY different players. Far different skill-sets.

Just because they fight, it doesn't mean they're the same player.
Asham seems more quiet, well, a lot more quiet than Carcillo. They're both bottom 6 guys with some offensive flair (Asham more so than Carcillo) both willing to drop the gloves and stick up for a teammate. Asham is a righty and more of a deadly shot. Well, his offensive game looks to be further ahead than Carcillo's, but he still has one.

Old
06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Asham seems more quiet, well, a lot more quiet than Carcillo. They're both bottom 6 guys with some offensive flair (Asham more so than Carcillo) both willing to drop the gloves and stick up for a teammate. Asham is a righty and more of a deadly shot. Well, his offensive game looks to be further ahead than Carcillo's, but he still has one.
That's pretty much right.

You see that as the same player? To me that makes them completely different. Oh well.

Old
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Cruel11
Maximoff

Carter is the partying type and he had problems in the lockeroom (heard it from Flyers fans). Doesn't sound like Dean's type of guy.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:09 PM
SFKingshomer

Flyers will keep Carter because they don't have a big center to replace him. Gagne to LA makes more sense, IMO.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:16 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
That's a lot of maybe's for a legit #1 goalscoring 2-way center. Take a look from the other side of the coin, no dice with that deal.

I doubt Carter goes anywhere, there's been very little proof...I think we're all simply a bit too bored.
I do think Carter is a marvelous player and I understand he's had some injury problems this year... but he's very, very far from proven.

He's had one excellent year. That year, his shooting % happened to be 2.6% above average. With the amount of shots he took that year, that amounts to 9 extra goals over the season.

Until he returns to his runner-up to the Richard form, I'm going to have to be a little skeptical about him. He put up one amazing year and then his shooting % dropped right back down the next year. Until he can repeat a 40+ goal season, I'm going to view his 46 goal campaign as an anomaly.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Carter is the partying type and he had problems in the lockeroom (heard it from Flyers fans). Doesn't sound like Dean's type of guy.
So is Richards. You don't want him?

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Flyers will keep Carter because they don't have a big center to replace him. Gagne to LA makes more sense, IMO.
With his contract and injury history, no way you get a Quick or Bernier for him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
With his contract and injury history, no way you get a Quick or Bernier for him.
They don't need a young, unproven goalie. Flyers are better off signing Turco or Ellis and trading Gagne to upgrade their D, while keeping their center depth. If they're dead set on trading Carter for a goalie, I feel they're better off going after the Wild's Niklas Backstrom.

Last edited by SFKingshomer: 06-14-2010 at 03:27 PM.
SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
No interest in the Kostitsyns.

You deal from Montreal that Philly would consider?

Subban + Price + Pacioretty

for

Carter + Parent
Shafer, you make some of the Habs' fans ridiculous proposals look like done deals with this one! You're pretty good at calling the kettle black my friend, but your deals are no better!

Last edited by Habsterix*: 06-14-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:25 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
I do think Carter is a marvelous player and I understand he's had some injury problems this year... but he's very, very far from proven.

He's had one excellent year. That year, his shooting % happened to be 2.6% above average. With the amount of shots he took that year, that amounts to 9 extra goals over the season.

Until he returns to his runner-up to the Richard form, I'm going to have to be a little skeptical about him. He put up one amazing year and then his shooting % dropped right back down the next year. Until he can repeat a 40+ goal season, I'm going to view his 46 goal campaign as an anomaly.

He had 33 goals in 74 games this year. That's a 36 goal pace over 82 games. You think that a guy who scores 46 goals followed by 36 goals is a question mark?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
jb**

Any deal with the kings needs to include the rights to Justin hocking

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Leafed

A deal centred around Carter for Vokoun. Improves both teams tremendously. Florida makes room for Markstrom and gets a legit first line player. Philly gets an established #1 goalie

Leafed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:37 PM
nikolai19

It makes no sense whatsover to get rid of Bernier. He hasn't fully had a chance in the NHL and next year is a year that he will split time with Quick. LA wasn't confident enough in Ersberg to give him time but that will be different with Bernier. Quick played 72 games and that was too much, even admitted by Terry Murray. Next year expect that Bernier will get 25 starts (roughly) and Quick will still be the #1 goalie.

While LA has an immediate concern to fill a couple of holes, they can get that done through free agency or via trading picks/prospects. Lombardi has been in this boat before with having several talented goalies in his organization (Nabakov and Kipper in SJ), so he knows the drill.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Luke View Post
A deal centred around Carter for Vokoun. Improves both teams tremendously. Florida makes room for Markstrom and gets a legit first line player. Philly gets an established #1 goalie
Who is well into his 30's and on the last year of his overly expensive contract?

No thanks.

Old
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Luke View Post
There's going to have to be loads more coming from Florida.

I don't trade my 25 year old 40 goal scorer for a 35 year old goaltender with a less than impressive post-season resume and who also happens to be an impending UFA next season.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote