HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tampa Making a Strong Pitch for Price?

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2010, 07:58 AM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
You convinced me. We should trade Halak. Sacrifice a good asset to improve the team
I can't see why people accuse me of wanting to absolutely deal Price to keep Halak.

I openly admitted it: I'm a Halak fanboy, I'm a fan of players who are workhorses, and Halak is one. He's been the underdog for so long, and just worked harder. He's an inspiration for his teammates. This is the fan in me speaking.

However, no matter who we deal away, if a deal involving one of our goalies improves our team going forward, no matter who the goalie is, I say we have to do it. We can't afford to have one valuable asset sitting on the bench all playoffs long if we actually want to improve this team and make it a top-tier team. This is a matter of knowing how to manage your assets, and when to part with them. This is the GM/businessman/rational in me speaking.

All in all, you don't build a winning team by listening to your emotions. You build a winning team by doing what rationally is the best for your team. And dealing one asset we could not even use in the playoffs to get our roster to the next level by adding a player capable of contributing 82 games + every games in the playoffs IS rationally the best approach if you want to make good assets management.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post
Why? That's the point, these guys can be had for FREE. No one cares where they'll be in 8-10 years. GM's don't have an 8-10 year plan. It's usually 3-5. If signing one of those guys buys you 3-5 years to compete while you develop your own goalie, why would you trade away a young roster player?

What did this years playoffs give GM's the idea this year? That you don't need star goaltending to make it to the finals. And we all know how GM's react on a year by year basis.

Unless you're a team that can truely compete for the cup why give up a piece of your puzzle to get a price/halak and create a void in another position?

And that doesn't even consider the cap value for some teams. There's not a chance in hell, for example, that PHI would trade a Giroux or VanReim (as rumored) for either. These guys have a $.765m and $.875m cap hit next year. So you can apply the same to any young promising player around the league that is still under entry level contract for next season. No team is going to trade a cheap, young, roster player that contributes for price or halak.

So who needs a goalie?
Anh - Hiller. Nope.
Atl - Pavelic. Nope.
Bos - Rask. Nope.
Buff - Miller. NOPE.
Car - Ward. Nope.
Cgy - Kipper. Nope.
Chi - Niemi. Nope
Clb - Mason. Nope.
Col - Anderson. Nope.
Dal - Just got Lehtonen. Nope.
Det - Howard. Nope.
Edm - Bulin. Maybe. If they could offload him. But most likely nope.
Fla - Vokun. Nope.
LA - Quick. Nope.
Min - Backstrom. Nope.
Nsh - Rinne. Nope.
NJD - Brodeur. Nope. Maybe when he retires...
NYI - Roloson. Maybe. But offloading a young forward would be counter productive to rebuilding.
NYR - Lundqvist - Nope.
Ott - Leclaire. Nope.
Phi - Probably go with the Boucher/Leighton tandem again.
Phx - Bryzgalov. Nope.
Pitt - Fleury. Nope.
SJS - Maybe.
STL - Maybe. See NYI.
TBL - Smith. Maybe.
TOR - Jiggy/Gus. Nope.
Van - Lu. Nope.
Wsh - Varlamov. Nope.

So out of 30 teams in the NHL, you can argue that 3 teams need a starting goalie that they do not already have in their sytem. A case could be made for another 3. There are 4 UFA goalies hitting the market this season that will cost a team nothing to obtain.

Hey I hope I'm wrong. But I don't see any team giving anything better than a couple of picks, or a prospect in return. The best bet is to sign both and wait and hope a goalie or two blows up and a team get desparate...
Pavelec had an up and down year, I'm sure Atlanta is looking to improve their goaltending.

Phillie the finals speak for themselves, if they are not looking to upgrade Holmgren is an idiot.

Dallas, Lehtonen is a recalamtion project, I'm sure they wouldn't mind an upgrade.

TB is definitely looking for an upgrade and they don't have the cap room for a UFA.

ST.Lou even if they can re sign Mason he's not a long term solution.

SJ has flopped may times with Nabokov, I'm sure they would like another option.

Khabibulin has a serious injury so their situation is up in the air.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
You're just suggesting the market isn't good for goalie based around your subjective vision of what's going on in the league. Fact is... a lot of #1 goalies are running out of their contracts this summer. Teams are going to be looking to replace them.

Up to 10 teams are going to be entertaining offers involving goalies going their way. It's ludicrous to think only 3 teams this summer are going to lack a starter.
thats not the fact at all, as you say in the "mock" goalie draft-up above, teams that actually need a goalie are st-louis, san-jose, and philadelphia.

Teams that "may" want too improve their situation, are Tampa, Edmonton, NYI, Ottawa, Chicago, and Atlanta. Dallas just signed someone to a 4 year deal, why the hell would they have a trade for someone now??

And those "may" team have other pressing needs before they start trading assets for Price or Halak.

Their may be one of these teams who says, we really want Price\Halak, what do you want for them. BUT put yourself in the shoes of the opposing GM. You have alot of options before you get to the stage where your trading prospects and proven players for a goalie. Many gm's want to win now, and Price\Halak despite what some call experienced and "elite" goalies do not give you any certainty in that position. Are they capable? yep. Have they shown that potentially they can be great? yep.

But thats all opinion. All im saying, for the hundredth time, when you have a goalie as an asset, you are usually in a position of weakness rather than power in the trade market. Especially this year

Old
06-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
how many as good as Halak or having Price's potential ?
thats not the point. see my other posts.

Im sorry to tell you but behind a solid defense and team, nothing is telling me that Price\Halak next year will be any better than an Ellis, Turco, Thomas, Quick, Harding, Nabby, etc.]

Point being, its a cap-world. Gm's will look to obtain something for free and cheap, before they decide to trade assets for guys who "may" or "may" not give them a better chance at winning the cup.

This was Halak's first time as a starter in the playoffs for christ's sake. Yes he was awesome. But all of a sudden his value when from, not even a 2nd rounder to gimme your best prospect and a pick?

Please all do yourselves a favor and just look at historical facts. Goalies returns on the trade market have been very poor.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

Im sorry to tell you but behind a solid defense and team, nothing is telling me that Price\Halak next year will be any better than an Ellis, Turco, Thomas, Quick, Harding, Nabby, etc.]

Point being, its a cap-world. Gm's will look to obtain something for free and cheap, before they decide to trade assets for guys who "may" or "may" not give them a better chance at winning the cup.

This was Halak's first time as a starter in the playoffs for christ's sake. Yes he was awesome. But all of a sudden his value when from, not even a 2nd rounder to gimme your best prospect and a pick?

Please all do yourselves a favor and just look at historical facts. Goalies returns on the trade market have been very poor.
Halak might have been worth a 2nd rounder 3-4 years ago, not any time recently.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Halak might have been worth a 2nd rounder 3-4 years ago, not any time recently.
wow

see the month of February 2010 when philly declined a to acquire him for a 2nd

Old
06-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
wow

Sorry, I didn't realise your name was Paul Holmgren.

Not sure where you got your information, because given the way Phillie's goaltending was(had them out of the playoffs before Leighton got hot plus no "goalie of the future" in sight) and the way Halak was playing I'm sure Phillie would have given up a lot more than that.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:40 AM
TankEller*

The Philly/Halak/2nd rumour is all pure Bertrand Raymond's ********. Gainey let GMs know one of his goalies were available, that goalie being Halak. There never were any serious talks.

Plus, Philly doesn't even actually own a 2nd rounder this season.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:41 AM
JohnnyReb

Quote:
wow

The Flyers don't have a second round pick this year, nor do they have one next year. So unless Gainey wanted a second round pick in 2012 this rumor is bogus. I don't think there was ever a "Halak for a 2nd round pick" offer on the table. Not from Philly, anyways.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Jiggernaut

Quote:
You're just suggesting the market isn't good for goalie based around your subjective vision of what's going on in the league.
Of course this is all based on one's opinion. I'd like to see some facts that can prove 100% what will happen this off-season..

Fact is... a lot of #1 goalies are running out of their contracts this summer.
That's subjective. What's the criteria for a #1 goalie? Who's on this list of "a lot". Those are hard facts you have there.

Up to 10 teams are going to be entertaining offers involving goalies going their way. Man, that's subjective. Can you provide some hard facts to prove this will occur? Or is this just your opinion as well? You've talked to the GM's of these 10 teams? We all know teams will always make a call, and listen, doesn't mean anything will happen. Hey I'll give you a 2nd round for Halak? Entertained?

I never said that teams won't be looking for goalies. The argument seemed to be focused that teams are so desparate to obtain the elite experienced talent that a Price or Halak would give them. And I was merely giving my OPINION that not as many teams are willing to mortgage the future at another position in order to obtain either.

Sure, all other 29 teams in the league would take either if we were to give them away. But that's not the point. People beleive that philly would give up a Giroux, or VanReims for one of them. Why? They just went to the cup on band-aid solution. They are in cap hell as well, and trading a cap friendly player like giroux/MVR would not help, as they would lose that roster spot that produces cheap, and would have to fill it by other means.

Yes a STL needs a goalie as well. But would they want to trade one of their young cap friendly roster players at this point? They're rebuilding as well. Taking the plug out of one hole to fill another won't stop you from sinking. Sure they'll take Price/Halak from some picks and a prospect. no doubt. But would they trade a young cap friendly roster player for them? that's a bit counter productive to the rebuild. IMO (there, happy. I'll let you know its my opinion as to avoid confusion for you).

Now there's the teams like TBL that need a goalie as well. Who does TB have that MTL would want? No one really. Malone, maybe. 4.5 million cap hit tho? MTL needs to clear roster/cap space then...

Atl - Pavelic. Nope.Pavelec is far from making the unanimity in Atlanta. Yes, but they're not going to give up on him already. He will get a shot to play this year.

Chi - Niemi. Nope Ordinary goaltending almost cost them the cup...But they won the cup. They first to have to unload Huet to even fit another goalie in. And that's after they have to unload other cap-unfriendly contracts.

Dal - Just got Lehtonen. Nope. Lehtonen is a project up to this point.I agree. But Dal just traded for him this past season. They'll give him a shot until at least the mid-way point.

Edm - Bulin. Maybe. If they could offload him. But most likely nope. They're building for the future. Khabibulin brings them nothing.I agree. But he is signed. And they won't pay him that much to sit on the bench. And they won't trade a young roster player for a goalie, because, as you stated, they are building for the future.

NYI - Roloson. Maybe. But offloading a young forward would be counter productive to rebuilding. Subjectivity at its best... Please elaborate. Much like Edm they are rebuilding. So offloading young cheap talent up front is counter productive. As you stated. Rolly is signed. Who would take on his contract? Why would they trade a young cap friendly player at this point?

Ott - Leclaire. Nope. Come... On!Do you think Murray is not going to give him a shot this season? Please tell me why he will leave Leclaire on the bench to start the year. You're right, they'll let 4.8 million sit on the bench, admit it was a horrible trade after one injury filled season, and then pass on elliot.

Phi - Probably go with the Boucher/Leighton tandem again. I doubt they're not going to be looking for a new goalie, since it's what cost them the cup.I agree 'tending cost them the cup 100%. But if you think they'll give up a young CHEAP forward to fill that void, it won't happen. They are 16 players at $48 million.

SJS - Maybe. Uhm... Yes. They don't have anything for next season.This one require a bit of thinking on your part. Yes, they do not have anyone signed ATM. Nabby stated he wants to be back. not many teams will be looking for a goalie. My money is on him re-signing there.

STL - Maybe. See NYI. Subjectivity, plus all they have for next year is CONKLIN.You like that word eh? Yes, it is my opinion. As anyone's view would be as there are no clear facts to say something will happen 100%. But anyway... Going back to your rebuilding comments about EDM. Are they going to trade away their cheap entrly level players they are building around? Yeah, maybe they'll give up a prospect in their system..

TBL - Smith. Maybe. Yzerman is openly looking for a goalie.Yes, yes he is. But again, what's the price they are willing to pay?

Old
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Jiggernaut

Quote:

I agree. Pretty much what I was trying to say, in more words or less.

Of course any team would take Halak or Price. But the return will not be what people beleive unless we add something else to the mix.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Max Levine

Quote:

i said the goalie market, not free agency as a whole.

Theyre are maybe 5-6 teams looking for a goalie and like 15 available. do the math
The same could be said of any position. Habs are looking for a LW? There are 40 of them available on UFA (didn't count them, just guessing). Therefore, getting one through a trade shouldn't be too expensive.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:51 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
I agree. Pretty much what I was trying to say, in more words or less.

Of course any team would take Halak or Price. But the return will not be what people beleive unless we add something else to the mix.
Their value is the one of a top-6 forwards still being under 30 years old. This is what most teams would give in exchange for a goalie still having multiple seasons before hitting the UFA market.

Old
06-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Their value is the one of a top-6 forwards still being under 30 years old. This is what most teams would give in exchange for a goalie still having multiple seasons before hitting the UFA market.
really? a top 6

thanks gm

anyways we will see when the dust settles

Old
06-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
The Flyers don't have a second round pick this year, nor do they have one next year. So unless Gainey wanted a second round pick in 2012 this rumor is bogus. I don't think there was ever a "Halak for a 2nd round pick" offer on the table. Not from Philly, anyways.
well, lots of media outlets picked up on the rumor. Maybe it wasnt a 2nd, but point being is Gainey publicly went out and said we want to trade him, and nothing of substance was offered for him, or else he wouldnt be here.

So as some of you are suggesting, teams like Philly, arent gonna turn around 6 months later and say, hmm...ok we will trade Carter\Giroux now. Or St-louis will say ok fine, now i want him, you can have backes.

Old
06-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Jiggernaut

Quote:
Coming from the guy that says I'm subjective......

Where's the facts on this? Show me the trades in the last 5 years where a goalie that has multiple seasons before hitting UFA returned a top 6 roster player?

Old
06-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Pavelec had an up and down year, I'm sure Atlanta is looking to improve their goaltending.

Phillie the finals speak for themselves, if they are not looking to upgrade Holmgren is an idiot.

Dallas, Lehtonen is a recalamtion project, I'm sure they wouldn't mind an upgrade.

TB is definitely looking for an upgrade and they don't have the cap room for a UFA.

ST.Lou even if they can re sign Mason he's not a long term solution.

SJ has flopped may times with Nabokov, I'm sure they would like another option.

Khabibulin has a serious injury so their situation is up in the air.
When I look at teams needs the first I look at is the depth of their prospect pool and can they afford to give up a prospect, pick or both because if they can't they probably won't be interested in trading.

It doesn't matter what a team needs as much as what can they afford to give away. A team like NJ might not need a goalie but they can afford to trade for one if they choose to.

Old
06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
JayBee*

I don't see the habs getting much for either goalie. Goalies do not give you good return. Look at the Roy, Luongo trades....what makes you think Price/Halak trade will be any different?

I think all you can really hope for is a draft pick or a decent prospect.

Old
06-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
well, lots of media outlets picked up on the rumor. Maybe it wasnt a 2nd, but point being is Gainey publicly went out and said we want to trade him, and nothing of substance was offered for him, or else he wouldnt be here.

So as some of you are suggesting, teams like Philly, arent gonna turn around 6 months later and say, hmm...ok we will trade Carter\Giroux now. Or St-louis will say ok fine, now i want him, you can have backes.
I remember Gainey saying in the media that some people were expecting too much in return and brought up the Huet trade for a 2nd(brutal trade BTW)...but that was a different situation, Huet was an upcoming UFA, and over 30 at that.

Old
06-17-2010, 09:43 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Of course this is all based on one's opinion. I'd like to see some facts that can prove 100% what will happen this off-season..

Fact is... a lot of #1 goalies are running out of their contracts this summer.
That's subjective. What's the criteria for a #1 goalie? Who's on this list of "a lot". Those are hard facts you have there.

Up to 10 teams are going to be entertaining offers involving goalies going their way. Man, that's subjective. Can you provide some hard facts to prove this will occur? Or is this just your opinion as well? You've talked to the GM's of these 10 teams? We all know teams will always make a call, and listen, doesn't mean anything will happen. Hey I'll give you a 2nd round for Halak? Entertained?

I never said that teams won't be looking for goalies. The argument seemed to be focused that teams are so desparate to obtain the elite experienced talent that a Price or Halak would give them. And I was merely giving my OPINION that not as many teams are willing to mortgage the future at another position in order to obtain either.

Sure, all other 29 teams in the league would take either if we were to give them away. But that's not the point. People beleive that philly would give up a Giroux, or VanReims for one of them. Why? They just went to the cup on band-aid solution. They are in cap hell as well, and trading a cap friendly player like giroux/MVR would not help, as they would lose that roster spot that produces cheap, and would have to fill it by other means.

Yes a STL needs a goalie as well. But would they want to trade one of their young cap friendly roster players at this point? They're rebuilding as well. Taking the plug out of one hole to fill another won't stop you from sinking. Sure they'll take Price/Halak from some picks and a prospect. no doubt. But would they trade a young cap friendly roster player for them? that's a bit counter productive to the rebuild. IMO (there, happy. I'll let you know its my opinion as to avoid confusion for you).

Now there's the teams like TBL that need a goalie as well. Who does TB have that MTL would want? No one really. Malone, maybe. 4.5 million cap hit tho? MTL needs to clear roster/cap space then...

Atl - Pavelic. Nope.Pavelec is far from making the unanimity in Atlanta. Yes, but they're not going to give up on him already. He will get a shot to play this year.

Chi - Niemi. Nope Ordinary goaltending almost cost them the cup...But they won the cup. They first to have to unload Huet to even fit another goalie in. And that's after they have to unload other cap-unfriendly contracts.

Dal - Just got Lehtonen. Nope. Lehtonen is a project up to this point.I agree. But Dal just traded for him this past season. They'll give him a shot until at least the mid-way point.

Edm - Bulin. Maybe. If they could offload him. But most likely nope. They're building for the future. Khabibulin brings them nothing.I agree. But he is signed. And they won't pay him that much to sit on the bench. And they won't trade a young roster player for a goalie, because, as you stated, they are building for the future.

NYI - Roloson. Maybe. But offloading a young forward would be counter productive to rebuilding. Subjectivity at its best... Please elaborate. Much like Edm they are rebuilding. So offloading young cheap talent up front is counter productive. As you stated. Rolly is signed. Who would take on his contract? Why would they trade a young cap friendly player at this point?

Ott - Leclaire. Nope. Come... On!Do you think Murray is not going to give him a shot this season? Please tell me why he will leave Leclaire on the bench to start the year. You're right, they'll let 4.8 million sit on the bench, admit it was a horrible trade after one injury filled season, and then pass on elliot.

Phi - Probably go with the Boucher/Leighton tandem again. I doubt they're not going to be looking for a new goalie, since it's what cost them the cup.I agree 'tending cost them the cup 100%. But if you think they'll give up a young CHEAP forward to fill that void, it won't happen. They are 16 players at $48 million.

SJS - Maybe. Uhm... Yes. They don't have anything for next season.This one require a bit of thinking on your part. Yes, they do not have anyone signed ATM. Nabby stated he wants to be back. not many teams will be looking for a goalie. My money is on him re-signing there.

STL - Maybe. See NYI. Subjectivity, plus all they have for next year is CONKLIN.You like that word eh? Yes, it is my opinion. As anyone's view would be as there are no clear facts to say something will happen 100%. But anyway... Going back to your rebuilding comments about EDM. Are they going to trade away their cheap entrly level players they are building around? Yeah, maybe they'll give up a prospect in their system..

TBL - Smith. Maybe. Yzerman is openly looking for a goalie.Yes, yes he is. But again, what's the price they are willing to pay?
I dunno, how much would you be willing to pay to get an already great forward, a potential star D and a potential franchise G ?

Old
06-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't see the habs getting much for either goalie. Goalies do not give you good return. Look at the Roy, Luongo trades....what makes you think Price/Halak trade will be any different?

I think all you can really hope for is a draft pick or a decent prospect.
Those were different circumstances.

Roy, well you had Houle as GM(an idiot at that) and Tremblay as coach that forced him out of town, they had to trade Roy NOW or fire his buddy the coach. Plus they got a pretty decent package, Thibault was 20, having just been drafted 10th overall in 1993 and made the NHL at 18. Kovalenko was a 25 year old winger with 11-11-22 in 26 games, finished the year with 28 goals and scored 32 the following year in Edmonton. Rucinsky was another former 1st rounder, had 4-11-15 in 22 games and went 25-35-60 in 56 games with the Habs. The problem with that trade was that Houle was put under time constraint by Tremblay plus he got 3 "good" assets instead of one great one(Savard was rumored to have a deal for Tkachuk but was nixed by ownership the year before).

Luongo was 1 year from Free Agency, had never played a playoff game and it was known he wasn't re-signing in Florida. They got a 6'5" shutdown d-man in Allen and a former 47 goal and 97 point guy in Bertuzzi, yeah he declined a bit after the Moore thing, but he was only 21 and a good gamble for Florida.

Halak and Price are definitely not as proven as those guys, but they have much better contract status(under control 3-4 more years and will make a lot less than 5 mil).

Old
06-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
When I look at teams needs the first I look at is the depth of their prospect pool and can they afford to give up a prospect, pick or both because if they can't they probably won't be interested in trading.

It doesn't matter what a team needs as much as what can they afford to give away. A team like NJ might not need a goalie but they can afford to trade for one if they choose to.
Good point. Although it does matter what their needs are

Old
06-17-2010, 10:09 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Coming from the guy that says I'm subjective......

Where's the facts on this? Show me the trades in the last 5 years where a goalie that has multiple seasons before hitting UFA returned a top 6 roster player?
  • Lehtonen, who played next to no games in the last few years, got Atlanta a decent d-prospect.
  • Toskala a couple of seasons ago got the Sharks a 1st, 2nd AND 3rd draft pick... Not bad, and I think it's the value of at least a top-6 player.
  • At the time Luongo was traded, Bertuzzi still was a great first line player.
  • Vokoun got Nashville a 1st round pick.
  • Denis got Columbus Modin, who was then considered a top-6 forward.
  • An aging UFA-to-be Roloson got Minny a 1st round draft pick.
  • Leclaire coming off a serious injury got Columbus Antoine Vermette.

So... yeah. Considering Price and Halak both are young, that many teams are going to be looking for a goalie they can count on for many years this summer, and that both proved just as much as pretty much any goalie on that list minus maybe Luongo (and then again, Luongo never ever went to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Halak did. Vokoun: Same thing), I guess it's not far-fetched to hope for a top-6 player for one of those two. This is what the market suggests.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
  • Lehtonen, who played next to no games in the last few years, got Atlanta a decent d-prospect.
  • Toskala a couple of seasons ago got the Sharks a 1st, 2nd AND 3rd draft pick... Not bad, and I think it's the value of at least a top-6 player.
  • At the time Luongo was traded, Bertuzzi still was a great first line player.
  • Vokoun got Nashville a 1st round pick.
  • Denis got Columbus Modin, who was then considered a top-6 forward.
  • An aging UFA-to-be Roloson got Minny a 1st round draft pick.
  • Leclaire coming off a serious injury got Columbus Antoine Vermette.

So... yeah. Considering Price and Halak both are young, that many teams are going to be looking for a goalie they can count on for many years this summer, and that both proved just as much as pretty much any goalie on that list minus maybe Luongo (and then again, Luongo never ever went to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Halak did. Vokoun: Same thing), I guess it's not far-fetched to hope for a top-6 player for one of those two. This is what the market suggests.
excellent point.....the point is about top 6......not necessarily a top 3.....

Old
06-17-2010, 12:56 PM
RE-HABS

Saw this on Allan Walsh's Twitter Account, interesting from two sides.

Quote:
Received an e-mail from reporter claiming inside knowledge that Jaro Halak just purchased big home in Montreal. Total fantasy.
Reporters in Montreal trying to cause a stir, and Walsh shooting down the fact that Halak would buy.

Closed Thread