HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks-Isles

Old
06-15-2010, 11:54 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
its not a bad deal, but If Im chicago I fight like hell to keep Byfuglien, way more than I fight to keep Beach or Olsen. Byfuglien was the guy that won them the cup, he'd be wasted with us. till we made the playoffs
Byfulgien's trade value is higher now than it will ever be again. If Bug Buff is ever going to be moved, the Hawks should consider moving him now.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
From a pure hockey standpoint, it's a slam dunk for the Islanders. I just don't think they'll spend the moolah.

Don't be silly. At the very worst he replaces what Hunter brings to the table.
oh hell yeah, no question, i just mean he'd be wasted because the rest of the team wouldnt be good enough to get him where he performs best

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 12:09 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
its not a bad deal, but If Im chicago I fight like hell to keep Byfuglien, way more than I fight to keep Beach or Olsen. Byfuglien was the guy that won them the cup, he'd be wasted with us. till we made the playoffs
Beach and Olsen are still on ELCs, I'd doubt either of them gets traded. Buff certainly benefited from mostly playing on a line with Toews and/or Kane, but there's no denying his ability to camp out in front of the net, piss off opposing defenders, and knock a loose puck in. He's only 25 and, in that mythical future where we actually make and compete in the playoffs, he's a guy I want on our side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
From a pure hockey standpoint, it's a slam dunk for the Islanders. I just don't think they'll spend the moolah.
We'd be taking on $5.3 million. If Wang is serious about spending to field a competitive team this year, he'll open up his pocketbooks and pay Huet in order to get the other three assets. If Wang is just lame ducking his way through ownership until the Wilpons can buy the team, then I agree with you.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 01:31 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisacodee View Post
Beach and Olsen are still on ELCs, I'd doubt either of them gets traded. Buff certainly benefited from mostly playing on a line with Toews and/or Kane, but there's no denying his ability to camp out in front of the net, piss off opposing defenders, and knock a loose puck in. He's only 25 and, in that mythical future where we actually make and compete in the playoffs, he's a guy I want on our side.

We'd be taking on $5.3 million. If Wang is serious about spending to field a competitive team this year, he'll open up his pocketbooks and pay Huet in order to get the other three assets. If Wang is just lame ducking his way through ownership until the Wilpons can buy the team, then I agree with you.
My problem with this proposal is that I dont trust Huet in the crease.

If he played like crap there...imagine with our swiss cheese D?

06-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

for the longview and right now the Cap Issues

Beach > Byfuglien
Olsen > Byfuglien

Buff will get a raise next year.... his value is really high now.
also
Sharp > Byfuglien

_____________________________-

Huet is good when he faces a lot of shots. He has to have some work. He is not the type of Player that is really good when he faces only 18 shots.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:18 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Dwayne Roloson(2.5m)
Trent Hunter(2m)
4.5m-cap
for
Cristobal Huet(5.6m)
Chris Versteeg(3m)-edit: or Byfuglien(3m)
Jack Skille(1.2m)
edit:30th pick
9.8m-cap

Done
I'm not really an advocate of the deal but what I don't understand why the internet GM's work so hard to make deals larger than they need to be. Why is Hunter in the deal at all?
He is good and young so the Isles should keep him.
Chicago has no need for a 2 million dollar 3rd liner.

From both teams standpoints he is a square peg in a round hole.
In making pretend trades make it work for both teams.

Huet for Roloson, Isles take on the extra 3 mill in cap space (money they were not spending anyway)
Versteeg and a #30 for the isles 2nd rd pick.

So Versteeg and moving up from early rd 2 to late rd 1 are the payment for taking that cap space. From an isles fans perspective I would rather have Skille than switch the picks but they seem to not like him.
Isles need to build for later and Versteeg is a guy who can flourish when playing with other skill players. What people who are not Hawk fans don't realize is he also kills penalties and the lower numbers reflect spending about 4/5's of last season being asked to play a checking role alongside John Madden against other teams top forwards. He will also be an RFA next time around and probably not much (if any) more expensive than he is now.

From a Hawks fans perspective losing Versteeg is going to hurt but looking at the roster he is probably the one who has to go.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I haven't made a proposal here

I just said yes

Old
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM
brevard*

Quote:
for the longview and right now the Cap Issues

Beach > Byfuglien
Olsen > Byfuglien

Buff will get a raise next year.... his value is really high now.
also
Sharp > Byfuglien

_
Please pass what you're smoking I want some.

Beach did well as a 19 year old playing with 16 to 18 year olds. I hope he scores 50 every year but right now he is a decent prospect. 17 1st rounders from that draft played in the NHL last year. Beach never touched NHL ice. He got 8 games in the AHL after spending the season playing with children.
To rate him ahead of Byfuglien is ... silly.

(With Bowman in charge I understand the Hawk mentality of keeping kids down until they are READY but it does lead to some forced guessing as to the value of the guys in question. And it goes both ways, some will call Skille a bust for not being in the NHL yet others see Beach putting up great numbers and dismiss who he is playing against.)

Old
06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
I'm not really an advocate of the deal but what I don't understand why the internet GM's work so hard to make deals larger than they need to be. Why is Hunter in the deal at all?
He is good and young so the Isles should keep him.
Chicago has no need for a 2 million dollar 3rd liner.

From both teams standpoints he is a square peg in a round hole.
In making pretend trades make it work for both teams.

Huet for Roloson, Isles take on the extra 3 mill in cap space (money they were not spending anyway)
Versteeg and a #30 for the isles 2nd rd pick.

So Versteeg and moving up from early rd 2 to late rd 1 are the payment for taking that cap space. From an isles fans perspective I would rather have Skille than switch the picks but they seem to not like him.
Isles need to build for later and Versteeg is a guy who can flourish when playing with other skill players. What people who are not Hawk fans don't realize is he also kills penalties and the lower numbers reflect spending about 4/5's of last season being asked to play a checking role alongside John Madden against other teams top forwards. He will also be an RFA next time around and probably not much (if any) more expensive than he is now.

From a Hawks fans perspective losing Versteeg is going to hurt but looking at the roster he is probably the one who has to go.
The problem with Versteeg is the Isles have players like him - guys with quickness, guys that can dangle, guys who don't initiate contact, guys like Josh Bailey, and Kyle Okposo. There's limited utility in brining in another player like that. If you sub in Byfuglien or Sharp, instead, it makes more sense from an Isles perspective. It makes far less sense from a Hawks perspective, of course. And for exactly the same reason. The issue is - as Trottier has said over and over - you can usually find a Versteeg.

So, I'm not against the general Huet idea, but not as a price for Versteeg. Sharp or Byfuglien; I'm all ears.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
I will say it Again:

AS AN ISLANDER FAN I WANT NO PART OF VERSTEEG

He is totally replaceable fringe forward, He is not a piece to add value to any proposal, to me he takes away value, fortunately Gordon had him as a player and Gordon was so impressed that Boston traded Versteeg away right after

The highlighted statement is so much hooey it makes me gag

There is a reason that he is the first player Hawks fans want to move, and his salary isnt the only reason......

So Brevard dont worry about hurting, your safe Islander fans want no part of Versteeg

Old
06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Please pass what you're smoking I want some.

Beach did well as a 19 year old playing with 16 to 18 year olds. I hope he scores 50 every year but right now he is a decent prospect. 17 1st rounders from that draft played in the NHL last year. Beach never touched NHL ice. He got 8 games in the AHL after spending the season playing with children.
To rate him ahead of Byfuglien is ... silly.

(With Bowman in charge I understand the Hawk mentality of keeping kids down until they are READY but it does lead to some forced guessing as to the value of the guys in question. And it goes both ways, some will call Skille a bust for not being in the NHL yet others see Beach putting up great numbers and dismiss who he is playing against.)
no need to get personal...

IMO
in the longshot + our Cap Issues + Buffs Value maybe is never higher

Beach > Byfuglien

Old
06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
no need to get personal...

IMO
in the longshot + our Cap Issues + Buffs Value maybe is never higher

Beach > Byfuglien
dont worry Bubba the guy is deliberately sending out misinformation you're right, Beech is considered a better prospect according to people I've talked to as well

Old
06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
brevard*

Yes the Isles are just loaded with guys like Versteeg. You are all just so familiar with him. Gotta love Dan's "won't initiate contact" statement. Yes Chicago also had 10 or 15 other guys like Versteeg in recent years Holmqvist, Hilbert, ... Oh **** the list goes on and on. How many of them actually become quality NHLers? How many are top line PKers along with the dangle?
Shows how little you guys actually know about Versteeg.

But that is ok, you keep Rolo and your piss poor ownership and you keep losing along the way. Won't be long and the great Isles hope will want out so he can go someplace that cares about winning and is willing to spend to make it happen.
Top 6 forward and a high pick or prospect available and all it costs is cap space and you are all so beaten into the ground that it sounds bad to you. ... What losers.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

think about the Isles POV

Sharp > Buffy > Versteeg

They do what all would do. Go after the player that is best for them. Improve your team.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Yes the Isles are just loaded with guys like Versteeg. You are all just so familiar with him. Gotta love Dan's "won't initiate contact" statement. Yes Chicago also had 10 or 15 other guys like Versteeg in recent years Holmqvist, Hilbert, ... Oh **** the list goes on and on. How many of them actually become quality NHLers? How many are top line PKers along with the dangle?

But that is ok, you keep Rolo and your piss poor ownership and you keep losing along the way. Won't be long and the great Isles hope will want out so he can go someplace that cares about winning and is willing to spend to make it happen.
Top 6 forward and a high pick or prospect available and all it costs is cap space and you are all so beaten into the ground that it sounds bad to you. ... What losers.
wow you really dont like being outed do you..... Versteeg just isnt worth 3M+ for what he brings

you like him so much keep him.....but the truth is you dont believe what your saying....you were just blowing smoke and you were caught.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Guys try keeping it civil...and on topic.

DaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
think about the Isles POV

Sharp > Buffy > Versteeg

They do what all would do. Go after the player that is best for them. Improve your team.
exactly, the thing is im gonna tell you exactly what i think. its the same reason why I suggested a scenario to take Campbell. because I tried to look at it from the hawks perspective as well

Old
06-15-2010, 07:32 PM
goal1228

how about this

to islanders

campbell 7.142 mil 6 years
sharp 3.9 mil 2 years

to hawks

toews ( prosect)
gervais 750k 1 year
neilsen 525k 2 years
2010 2nd round pick - sjs
yashin buy out 4.755 this year 2,204 mil per the next 4 years

Hawks save about 5 million off the cap this year - both players are replaced
if you put huet in the minors basically solves your cap problem.

campbell is probally over paid 2 million a year which equals out to yashin remaining buy-out
along with Gervais a serviceable 5/6 d-man and toews prospect

sharp is traded for neilsen and a 2nd rounder

Both teams benefit imo

Last edited by goal1228: 06-15-2010 at 08:37 PM.
goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
What's with all the dumping salaries on the Islanders proposals lately? Wang's not going to take an enormous contract after the Yashin problem.

Garth is going to sign FA's and make trades for significant players without enormous contracts.
Because on paper, you guys have a ton of money you could spend. I'd absolutely love this deal personally but only if Skille is going back too.

I am almost certain Patrick Sharp to the Islanders would be perfect for them.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:

Hey man, I compared Versteeg to 2 of our best forwards - not chopped liver. Don't compare me to the other clown.

Relax. 1st step - win cup. 2nd step - get laid.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Hey man, I compared Versteeg to 2 of our best forwards - not chopped liver. Don't compare me to the other clown.

Relax. 1st step - win cup. 2nd step - get laid.

Cheers,

Dan-o
who you calling a clown Dan-o