HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

philly sports radio on-line???

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2004, 01:56 PM
moosejaw

vCash: 500
philly sports radio on-line???

wondering if there is any philly sports radio broadcast on-line...
checked out WIP 610, but they don't seem to have a broadcast or "listen live" feature??

Anybody?

Old
05-18-2004, 02:14 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
don't know of any bro...

Old
05-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Flyerswin5

I have looked.. I can't find one either

Old
05-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Gags12

Because of copyright laws, you won't find many radio stations with streaming radio online...especially FM stations that play music.

Old
05-18-2004, 04:35 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags12
Because of copyright laws, you won't find many radio stations with streaming radio online...especially FM stations that play music.
Copyright laws do come into play with the personalities and commercials on WIP, but it's probably more a matter of hardware, networking and technical support required to run a high-traffic streaming server with a feed directly from the station's broadcast.
Being an AM station, WIP probably doesn't have the funding that typical FM stations would to be worried about their Internet feed.

Old
05-18-2004, 04:41 PM
moosejaw

it has everything to do with technology and wherewithall... hell in Toronto there are 2 sports radio stations available on-line, plus other AM, plus a number of FM...I am really surprised that there isn't ONE in Philly...certainly game broadcasts and the like are blacked out, but wtf?...

Old
05-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Gags12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejaw
it has everything to do with technology and wherewithall... hell in Toronto there are 2 sports radio stations available on-line, plus other AM, plus a number of FM...I am really surprised that there isn't ONE in Philly...certainly game broadcasts and the like are blacked out, but wtf?...

on the contrary, you CAN listen to the Flyers game broadcast (which is normally on 610WIP here in Philly) through their website.

Old
05-18-2004, 06:11 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
on the contrary, you CAN listen to the Flyers game broadcast (which is normally on 610WIP here in Philly) through their website.
Flyers games and a few other events are simulcast on the Internet, probably with the help of Comcast Spectacor in the former's case, but 24/7 simulcasting is too much for a largely sports talk AM station.

Old
05-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Gags12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
Flyers games and a few other events are simulcast on the Internet, probably with the help of Comcast Spectacor in the former's case, but 24/7 simulcasting is too much for a largely sports talk AM station.
yeah that's true....money is the issue with AM stations.

a few philly FM stations (94wysp, 93.3wmmr and y100) used to broadcast over their website, but they were shut down because of lawsuit threats from record labels and various artists.

Old
05-18-2004, 08:33 PM
SaveByHexy

Go to NHL.com....on the left menu, click on NHL Radio and then under the flyers logo, click "listen to WIP"....presto...

Old
05-19-2004, 03:06 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
I know we might be getting off topic here but i believe and i might be wrong here that allot of the stations that have joined clearchannel no longer have on-line capabilities. for instance the local rock station here you used to be able to listen online. iceman knows the station i am talking about. Maybe it isnt just the clearchannel corp. who knows all i know is it was just about the same time as it was no longer available on line that the station joined clearchannel.

sorry if i rambled on about that, lol

Closed Thread