HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Pittsburgh

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2010, 11:45 PM
  #1
yanokovich
Registered User
 
yanokovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Toronto-Pittsburgh

To Pittsburgh

Tomas Kaberle
Nikolai Kulimin

To Toronto

1st (20th Overall)
Eric Tangradi
Keven Veilleux

yanokovich is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 11:46 PM
  #2
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,455
vCash: 500
If you can't spell Pittsburgh correctly the answer is always going to be an emphatic 'no'.

Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
06-14-2010, 11:47 PM
  #3
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,535
vCash: 500
Don't think the Pens have the cap room to make that work long-term. I do think Pittsburgh gets the better end of that deal, though.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 11:49 PM
  #4
yanokovich
Registered User
 
yanokovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
If you can't spell Pittsburgh correctly the answer is always going to be an emphatic 'no'.
What do you talking About

yanokovich is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 11:53 PM
  #5
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Never thought i would ever say this on a T.O trade proposal T.O gives up 2 much Kulemin has too much upside.

Oilmageddon* is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 11:55 PM
  #6
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 15,900
vCash: 500
Call Tanger and Kul a wash, so it's a 1st+Veilleux for Kabs.

If they could swing it Cap wise, the Pens prolly do it.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline  
Old
06-14-2010, 11:58 PM
  #7
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,427
vCash: 500
Not a bad proposal.

Crispy Crust is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 12:07 AM
  #8
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,787
vCash: 500
I'm all for a deal like this. I love Tangradi's potential. Burke loves him as well.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is online now  
Old
06-15-2010, 12:13 AM
  #9
IBeL13f
Registered User
 
IBeL13f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,839
vCash: 500
Can anyone fill me in a little bit on Veilleux? All I've seen are his stats. What kind of ceiling does he have?

IBeL13f is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 12:17 AM
  #10
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,965
vCash: 500
I would pass on this deal. Like Burke has asked for, I would like to get a roster player in return, without giving up Kulemin in the process as well.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 12:25 AM
  #11
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanokovich View Post
What do you talking About
Nice edit, poor grammar.


Value-wise...not bad though.

Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
06-15-2010, 12:33 AM
  #12
yanokovich
Registered User
 
yanokovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Gonchar 5,5M gone,Pitt add Kaberle 4,5M They save 1M right There.

Fedotenko,Guerin and Ponikarovsky,you let them go,and you give Kulemin the 3M he want.

yanokovich is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 12:48 AM
  #13
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanokovich View Post
Gonchar 5,5M gone,Pitt add Kaberle 4,5M They save 1M right There.

Fedotenko,Guerin and Ponikarovsky,you let them go,and you give Kulemin the 3M he want.

PIT could save another 2M if you switched Kulemin for Stalberg. Then either gave back Veilleux or added a TOR prospect or two.


Personally I would pay Kulemin and move Stalberg. IF he wants 3.25 then we want him for 5 years. I know Burke would rather a 1-2 year deal so he can get another crack at him before he's UFA, but take the chance. The guy is the perfect defensive compliment to a top line. Top Potential would be a Jere Lehtinen. Not saying he is going to be a 30g Selke winner but the skills, and the way he plays the game are there.

Back to the proposal. Sorry.

With Richard Peddie today re-inforcing the idea that the Leafs are in the hunt for the playoffs this year, does Burke move a young NHL'r for Prospects and picks? On a forward depleted team moving Kulemin(2nd best winger) or my choice Stalberg(3rd best winger) make any sense, if they are not moved for better forwards?

This is why I proposed the Bozak+ for Staal+ a while ago. IF we aren't moving these young guys in a package for better young guys then why bother moving them?

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 06:07 AM
  #14
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASV 27 View Post
Call Tanger and Kul a wash, so it's a 1st+Veilleux for Kabs.

If they could swing it Cap wise, the Pens prolly do it.
On only HFboards....Kulemin is an NHL player, Tangradi is not.

This is straight up horrible for the Leafs, they are short on NHL talent and trade 2 NHL players for 0 NHL players.

seanlinden is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 06:33 AM
  #15
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
Can anyone fill me in a little bit on Veilleux? All I've seen are his stats. What kind of ceiling does he have?
His ceiling is high, he's easily the most skilled of our prospects and is huge though he doesn't use his size much. He's had a lot of trouble with injuries so this year will be a very important for him.

As for the deal, I'd rather just re-sign Gonchar and keep the prospects and picks even though Pens probably get the better end of a Toronto proposal for a change.

wej20 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 06:35 AM
  #16
IBeL13f
Registered User
 
IBeL13f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
His ceiling is high, he's easily the most skilled of our prospects and is huge though he doesn't use his size much. He's had a lot of trouble with injuries so this year will be a very important for him.

As for the deal, I'd rather just re-sign Gonchar and keep the prospects and picks even though Pens probably get the better end of a Toronto proposal for a change.
That sounds like this is actually a pretty fair deal then, for the most part. But if Pittsburgh can get Gonchar re-signed, I would probably have to agree with you. But taking 5 years off your PMD and adding help to the wing would certainly have Shero listening.

IBeL13f is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
  #17
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanokovich View Post
Gonchar 5,5M gone,Pitt add Kaberle 4,5M They save 1M right There.

Fedotenko,Guerin and Ponikarovsky,you let them go,and you give Kulemin the 3M he want.
I wouldn't give Kulemin the 3M he wants, he hasn't proved he's worth much more than 2 yet.

wej20 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
  #18
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
That sounds like this is actually a pretty fair deal then, for the most part. But if Pittsburgh can get Gonchar re-signed, I would probably have to agree with you. But taking 5 years off your PMD and adding help to the wing would certainly have Shero listening.
To add more about Velieux, He's likely to be a top 6 guy or an AHL superstar because he plays a finesse game.

wej20 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 06:48 AM
  #19
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Hmmm

Kulemin is a solid winger. He's definitely an upgrade. Kaberle is the new Gonchar, but someone who isn't a pansy

Is it worth 2 prospects and a 1st? I sure think so.


I'd definitely do this. Nice offer

Dylonus is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 06:58 AM
  #20
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend
 
Finnish your Czech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,508
vCash: 2637
This destroys pittsburgh's prospect pool, bit it's a good deal value wise.

Finnish your Czech is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 07:03 AM
  #21
cdndragoon
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Absolutely no way. Toronto needs forwards who can step into the top six and score goals by the bushel. The goal differential from last year was brutal (again). I think Burke would love to get his hands on the first rounder, but not at the expense of improving the team in the immediate future.

Tangradi has potential, but precisely one NHL game and his AHL stats aren't exactly superstar material despite playing almost the whole year down there.

Veilleux has played no NHL games and only 9 AHL games, so while he may project as a top-six forward in a couple years, that's not what the Leafs are looking for in exchange for their two most moveable commodities.

cdndragoon is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 07:15 AM
  #22
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 21,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdndragoon View Post
Absolutely no way. Toronto needs forwards who can step into the top six and score goals by the bushel. The goal differential from last year was brutal (again). I think Burke would love to get his hands on the first rounder, but not at the expense of improving the team in the immediate future.

Tangradi has potential, but precisely one NHL game and his AHL stats aren't exactly superstar material despite playing almost the whole year down there.

Veilleux has played no NHL games and only 9 AHL games, so while he may project as a top-six forward in a couple years, that's not what the Leafs are looking for in exchange for their two most moveable commodities.
OMG STATS! Tangradi had an injury mid way through the season and after coming back from that he produced at a much higher pace. Plus he came into the season coming off surgery.

wej20 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 07:19 AM
  #23
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanokovich View Post
To Pittsburgh

Tomas Kaberle
Nikolai Kulimin

To Toronto

1st (20th Overall)
Eric Tangradi
Keven Veilleux

I initially thought that offer was just for Kaberle alone and I was leary, than I read Kulemin was in as well and laughed out loud.

Seriously, Kaberle himself could bring in a better offer than that.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
  #24
Cappo40*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Hmm..very good deal..likely Pittsburgh would need to send a dump to us though..

Cappo40* is offline  
Old
06-15-2010, 07:25 AM
  #25
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded
 
Coach John McGuirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I initially thought that offer was just for Kaberle alone and I was leary, than I read Kulemin was in as well and laughed out loud.

Seriously, Kaberle himself could bring in a better offer than that.
Typical "Kaberle is worth the world!" idiocy.

Coach John McGuirk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.