HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tallon on Leafs Lunch

Old
06-15-2010, 02:41 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

vCash: 500
Tallon on Leafs Lunch

If anyone's interested

http://www.640toronto.com/HostsandSh...nch/Audio.aspx

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Interesting he mentioned St. Louis. Was that a slip?

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:20 PM
FlaPanthers7

Can someone summarize what was said? I am at work and it's blocked.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Interesting he mentioned St. Louis. Was that a slip?
He mentioned them as a possible trade partner?

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
As far as reasonable targets for DT, David Backes($2.5M) and Brad Boyes($4M) are two players that immediately come to mind. Backes demonstrates that NA, PF type game that Deboer and DT covet while Boyes has proven he can score at a decent clip. What it would take to get either or both of them is debatable.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Can someone summarize what was said? I am at work and it's blocked.
Just mentioned that he's looking to add more grit to the team and move out the players who don't really want to be here. He mentioned that there's too many excuses being accepted and he wants to change that mindset. Mentioned again about character as a necessary part of the team, and doesn't want any player whose about himself, it has to be about "team."

It was interesting he mentioned St. Louis, just because it seemed like he caught himself a bit afterward. Maybe I'm just full of hope.

Also found it interesting that he may try to acquire ANOTHER top 5 pick. Hmmmm

LOVE this guy!

06-15-2010, 03:33 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
As far as reasonable targets for DT, David Backes($2.5M) and Brad Boyes($4M) are two players that immediately come to mind. Backes demonstrates that NA, PF type game that Deboer and DT covet while Boyes has proven he can score at a decent clip. What it would take to get either or both of them is debatable.
It would be some combination of Horton, Ballard, #3, Repik, Ellerby, 2nd round pick(s) imo. I would love to have both of them but I would be somewhat surprised if St. Louis would trade them. They're doing a good job building a young solid core.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
I'd welcome either of those guys. I'm sure Vokoun is still on the table if the right deal is there. I think Tallon did well in saying that he expects Vokoun to be back in net, took away the apparent need/necessity almost to move him. Basically says if we don't get the right deal, no big deal!

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:37 PM
FlaPanthers7

Wow, another pick in the top 5??? With all those 2nd rounders I can't blame him for trying. Way to go DT!

My wife would kill me for saying this but I really hope our son doesn't come early, like during the draft! It's going to be a very interesting weekend to say the least for the Panther organization.

Old
06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Wow, another pick in the top 5??? With all those 2nd rounders I can't blame him for trying. Way to go DT!

My wife would kill me for saying this but I really hope our son doesn't come early, like during the draft! It's going to be a very interesting weekend to say the least for the Panther organization.
Well, congrats! (And I won't mention anything! ) Should be a great weekend. Perhaps not what we all want right away, but he certainly is all for building though the draft.

Old
06-15-2010, 03:43 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Backes is a great complimentary guy, but i certainly wouldn't package anything listed above for him.

Acquiring another top 5 pick is also to me misguided. I'd much rather get a 10-15 pick.

But alas, my GM time has not yet come. Once i start balding, attempt to grow a moustache to cover up the lack of intercourse - thats when i'll be the 23rd General Manager of the Florida Panthers.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Dreger asked him if he was going to be in on the Chicago firesale because it seems like Florida wants to make some changes and he said something like, "yeah we'll talk to Chicago, St. Louis, bunch of teams", then seemed like he tried to change the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Just mentioned that he's looking to add more grit to the team and move out the players who don't really want to be here. He mentioned that there's too many excuses being accepted and he wants to change that mindset. Mentioned again about character as a necessary part of the team, and doesn't want any player whose about himself, it has to be about "team."

It was interesting he mentioned St. Louis, just because it seemed like he caught himself a bit afterward. Maybe I'm just full of hope.

Also found it interesting that he may try to acquire ANOTHER top 5 pick. Hmmmm

LOVE this guy!
Yeah, that's what I thought about it too.

Quote:

Hilarious.

Old
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Well, congrats! (And I won't mention anything! ) Should be a great weekend. Perhaps not what we all want right away, but he certainly is all for building though the draft.
Thanks on both fronts! LOL He's due July 9th so that gives me 2 weeks wiggle room, hehehe.

Old
06-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Thanks on both fronts! LOL He's due July 9th so that gives me 2 weeks wiggle room, hehehe.
You're welcome! My son just had his first birthday on the 9th of this month. 9 is a good day, especially in terms of hockey. Draft and start of FA will be well over or into! Is this your first?

Old
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Idk, maybe but I think the Blues will just re-sign Mason. I tend to think Backes wouldn't be available, at least not for a ton, even though he's a UFA in a year. I think it would be reasonable to assume that Boyes would be someone Tallon would be interested in. Maybe package some picks/prospects for him, or maybe a swap of 1st rounders? Maybe Horton. It seems Tallon is deadset on trading down if it makes sense for us.

OK way to go Kinghtmare, delete your post and make me look like an ass. lol jk

Old
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Knightmare

Wonder if its possible to get an oshie or andy mcdonald? I know andys passed his prime, but he did have a solid year. Oshie is obviously great young talent

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
You're welcome! My son just had his first birthday on the 9th of this month. 9 is a good day, especially in terms of hockey. Draft and start of FA will be well over or into! Is this your first?
Yup, #1!

Old
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Knightmare

And I dont know much about brad boyes, but from looking at his stats, I see a huge drop-off in points last year, although he played 82 games. whats the deal with that?

Old
06-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
Wonder if its possible to get an oshie or andy mcdonald? I know andys passed his prime, but he did have a solid year. Oshie is obviously great young talent
McDonald is possible, Oshie no way.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
And I dont know much about brad boyes, but from looking at his stats, I see a huge drop-off in points last year, although he played 82 games. whats the deal with that?
Why did Vanek score 40 goals the season prior and then score 20-25 this season? Goal scorers go into slumps. It's obvious both Vanek and Boyes have a great amount of skill, but some seasons just don't go well.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Why did Vanek score 40 goals the season prior and then score 20-25 this season? Goal scorers go into slumps. It's obvious both Vanek and Boyes have a great amount of skill, but some seasons just don't go well.
So it's just a slump you think? Because 43,33 to 14 is pretty scary. Vanek wasnt that bad

Old
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
So it's just a slump you think? Because 43,33 to 14 is pretty scary. Vanek wasnt that bad
He got less minutes this year, playing behind Backes, so that might have something to do with it. Although, not scoring (as an offensive player) could result in getting less playing time.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Yup, #1!
Grats again. He'll probably go to term unless there's an issue. My daughter was due 1/15, wife's water broke at 20 minutes after midnight. She's punctual. Anyway, not to veer the thread too much, but enjoy it man! It's an amazing thing. Goes quick, and enjoy the sleep now.

Old
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Boyes ended up in the doghouse. They used him in more of a defensive role and took him off their top PP unit. He had 37 PP points in 2008-09, then dropped to 11 (with only 3 goals) last season--basically Alex Steen's scoring progressed to the detriment of Boyes' production. Probably a good candidate as a reclamation project though.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Hawksfan12*

What would you guys think of Steeg for Frolik and 2nd?

And Another trade I can see happening is Vokoun to St. Louis for Boyes, 1st and maybe Junland.

Also if you need a Goalie, feel free to take Huet off our hands...

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote