HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Van

Old
06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganuck View Post
What's your opinion of Scott and his defensive play? was he any good?
He needs more time before he could be anything more than a fringe bottom pairing guy. He uses his size and stick fairly well, but he's still quite prone to bad reads. Keep him bellow 10 minutes, and never out there against a top line and he's... serviceable.

If he could bring his gap control up to par, he could be OK as a substitute shutdown defender, but he'll never be anything more than that - his offensive game is non-existant.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:37 PM
clyankees47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Now we're talkin, I loves me some Barker. Not Miettinen though, we're already at our Scandinavian quota.
Have you guys actually seen Barker play? That guy is a ticking time bomb in his own's zone. He's kind of similar to Bieksa in a way.... good offensively, bad defensively. Except Bieksa.... as inconsistent as he is defensively.... is actually quite a bit better defensively than Barker. I'm just amazed at how non-CHI and non-MN fans who don't get to see Barker play often constantly overrate him in trade proposal threads. Must be the fact he was drafted #3 overall.

clyankees47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
SpecialPhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL KING View Post
To van: Brent Burns

To Min: Mason Raymond, Kevin Bieksa

seems perfect to me and the value is good
Absolutely not! Burns is a franchise player who had a bad year. There is no way the Fletch. should even consider trading him unless the package coming back involves both high-end draft picks and yound, talented players.

SpecialPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialPhil View Post
Absolutely not! Burns is a franchise player who had a bad year. There is no way the Fletch. should even consider trading him unless the package coming back involves both high-end draft picks and yound, talented players.
I dont think many people consider him to be a franchise player.
He could be a top pairing d-man, but injuries have been a problem for him in the past 2 years.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyankees47 View Post
Have you guys actually seen Barker play? That guy is a ticking time bomb in his own's zone. He's kind of similar to Bieksa in a way.... good offensively, bad defensively. Except Bieksa.... as inconsistent as he is defensively.... is actually quite a bit better defensively than Barker. I'm just amazed at how non-CHI and non-MN fans who don't get to see Barker play often constantly overrate him in trade proposal threads. Must be the fact he was drafted #3 overall.
Have you seen how many people are after Sheppard? It's a similar situation, though I still think Barker can become something vaguely close to his potential.

All they see are his draft profile, and his top 10 pick status and think: "He can't be that bad! Let's give him a change of scenery!".

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL KING View Post
yeah because you watch every Canucks game right? Your only getting your information about bieksa from all the stupid, band wagoner Canucks fans. Alot of Canucks fan are ridiculos. For an example if Brent burns had one bad game in min, then evey min fan would start crying "oh, oh, we have to trade him now because he had a bad game." that's how alot of Canucks fans are. Bieksa is a physical, defense man who jumps in the rush from time to time, on alot of teams bieksa would be a number 3-4 d-man so don't even start with me saying bieksa is a "terrible" d-man because the only Time you watch bieksa is when the Canucks play the wild
Ever hear of the NHL Center Ice package? I hate to admit this because they may take away my Wild season tickets but I watched probably 60 Nuck games a year for the past decade. I like to see what the other teams in the NW are doing and by the way I don't care for Burns for Bieksa either.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
I dont think many people consider him to be a franchise player.
He could be a top pairing d-man, but injuries have been a problem for him in the past 2 years.
He's not a franchise player; however, it would be nice to see how good he can be without the coach moving him to forward for half a season and then suffering a concussion and missing the other half. I compare him pretty favorably to a Brent Seabrook type player.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote